+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
sophieee said:
Thank you for your answer. Altough it's very disturbing, because we asked a bookkeeper about it, and she said it's not possible to file me without a SIN number. Someone would be kind enough to explain me how could my husband include me? (His papers are ready but not filed yet.)
If I understand, I need to send them a T1261 (Application for a Canada Revenue Agency Individual Tax Number (ITN) for Non-Residents) and just put the ITN number in the place of the SIN number?
Thank you in advance.
You can apply for ITN if you are expecting money from the government like tax child benefit. ITN will take about month to receive it.
You can send your ITN application and inform CRA in your and your husband tax return that you applied for ITN so they can match it. otherwise you can write 000000000 at social insurance number.
Anyone can update their info at CRA online website through my account. So you can add your spouse online at anytime .

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Guys .. Any July applicant got any Good News from CPC-M ?? :( :( :(

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Smsm81 said:
You can apply for ITN if you are expecting money from the government like tax child benefit. ITN will take about month to receive it.
You can send your ITN application and inform CRA in your and your husband tax return that you applied for ITN so they can match it. otherwise you can write 000000000 at social insurance number.
Anyone can update their info at CRA online website through my account. So you can add your spouse online at anytime .
What exactly is this ITN? And can you just apply for it online?
I have been waiting for over a year for my child payments because they say I can't get them until my husband can provide a SIN number...

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
ACS said:
What exactly is this ITN? And can you just apply for it online?
I have been waiting for over a year for my child payments because they say I can't get them until my husband can provide a SIN number...
ITN is a temporary tax number. This is for people who are not yet residents of Canada but wish to file a tax return i.e. - students, and spouses of PR applicants etc. You can find the form on CRA website. Give them a call they're pretty helpful. The ITN actually takes about 60 days to receive. If your husband has already filed a return or is planning to file soon you can always do an adjustment on the return after to get the dependent credits.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Has anyone called CIC contact center and asked when they will start actually processing inland apps at CIC-M ??

seems like the files were moved over 2 months ago... and they still haven't even started processing them yet... i cant think of a reason why it'd take so long..
3 weeks maybe... 2 months??? w.t.f.

Just to be clear. SOME june applicants received AIP or AIP/DM prior to the files being moved to CIC-M ? correct?

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
bankerguy said:
Has anyone called CIC contact center and asked when they will start actually processing inland apps at CIC-M ??

seems like the files were moved over 2 months ago... and they still haven't even started processing them yet... i cant think of a reason why it'd take so long..

Just to be clear. SOME june applicants received AIP or AIP/DM prior to the files being moved to CIC-M ? correct?
I called CIC last week and asked about this.

The agent said that the change to CIC-M would not cause any delays. She didn't want to give any more details.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
bankerguy said:

Yeah apps received after June 30th 2013 are now in CPC-M and yes most most of the May/June 2013 did receive AIP or DM before the move from CPC-V. That been said it seems like CPC-V is still working barely but CPC-M hasn't moved since about Feb 17 when i got AIP from them since then myself or anyone else hasn't heard a peep out of them besides that letter we all got sent

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Question for those from Ontario and got their Open work permit and AIP.
In order to apply for the health card, do you need to have a job?

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
JohnnyP said:
Question for those from Ontario and got their Open work permit and AIP.
In order to apply for the health card, do you need to have a job?
No just go in with your aip email or letter driver license if u have one, passport and any mail that was delivered to you just one though. I just did this on Friday at the Lawrence and mark ham office

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
sophieee said:
Thank you for your answer. Altough it's very disturbing, because we asked a bookkeeper about it, and she said it's not possible to file me without a SIN number. Someone would be kind enough to explain me how could my husband include me? (His papers are ready but not filed yet.)
If I understand, I need to send them a T1261 (Application for a Canada Revenue Agency Individual Tax Number (ITN) for Non-Residents) and just put the ITN number in the place of the SIN number?
Thank you in advance.

I have a temporRy tax number and I filed my taxes for d past 3 years you have to get one from them first call cra and they will advise u

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Hang in there everyone this wait is hard for everyone
But once you are a PR you and your spouse can start a great future
It's all worth the wait It looks like July applicant will soon receive AIP

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Guys, im August applicant waiting for aip, owp, and dm,. i already update my address using e-cas and call the cic. do i have to buy a mail forwarding to canada post?

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
After receiving the AIP on Feb 7, 2014, I'm still waiting for DM for these two idle months. As a July applicant, I have to say that I'm quite lucky to receive AIP right before the whole CPC-M move, but I'm getting a bit worried as I did provide and pay everything upfront and hope will receive DM soon.