12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
JohnnyP said:
hahaha, so did you find the genie in the bottle?
I think all you found IS the VODKA bottle. :p
lucky we are to have you, JohnnyP and Harmin to make us laugh!!!!!
THANK YOU :D :D :D

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
linxord said:
So I just got a call from the registry.
They talked to someone at AB healthcare They say I have to show them the DM letter in order to get healthcare. I'm not eligible yet??? :/
I don't trust the call centers at all, but this. =(
Hi Linxord. I cant believe you wont be covered as you now have owp and aip. Alberta is one of the generous provinces in terms of health care. If your wife is covered, you can be a dependednt under ahip with your new valid permit (owp). I only extended my visitos permit, presented it to them and no questions asked. Got my card in 2 weeks time. Maybe, you try another registry? Also, didnt you have ahip coverage considering you are working? You have had a valid work permit.
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html
Read the lonk, it says that AIP OR OWP entitles you to the coverage.
Goodluck.

Tiger56

Nov 3, 2013
frenchwapiti said:
congratulations Tiger56
and thank you for sharing the good news. This will sheer up more than one of us, starting the day with very positive news. :D :D :D
Thank you. I'm happy to cheer people up!

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
linxord said:
I'm allowed to work but not a temporary resident nor can I get healthcare. what? lol. : @
I was going to go apply for a driving license I guess that has to wait too.
Its a very depressing day for me. I have been limbo'ing for so long =|
hopefully everything works out.
You should be able to get your DL with just your AIP letter. I got mine last year with just my AOR letter. :) I wasn't able to get Healthcare that way, but my DL was no problem. You might need a driver's abstract from your home country though, but that's just so you don't have to have a graduated license (at least here in AB).

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARMIN said:
Ponga And Computergeek ..u both never read my post properly yet ..please read it again carefully ..
Because i am asking about if a USA citizen married in Singapore or Australia ..then from where he filed his application ..which VO faster in that case ...AUSTRALIA OR SINGAPORE ??
BECAUSE my friend from Singapore Currently working in AUSTRALIA and getting Married with His USA gf ...now u clear guys 8) 8) 8)
Wow! Really?!?! Are you sure we `never read' your post properly?!!!!

I asked if your close friend was either Canadian citizen or PR, because if he is NOT...how on earth can he sponsor anyone into Canada?

You never mentioned that your friend was from Singapore in your question and I'm not very good at reading a person's mind...at least not over the internet. ;D

amelia1727

Mar 10, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Ive been reading all your post for a long time and I wanted to join the forum. I am a PR holder in Canada and sponsoring my husband since last year (May 2, 2013). I also included an OWP application. I've checked ecas and its still "IN PROCESS". Processing times shows that they are now processing June 25, 2013. Which means, that it was past due for the AIP letter.

Anyone in here has the similar dates? Have you guys received any letter or email for the AIP? How long does it take to received the AIP and OWP? I know that it will come at the same time since I applied together.

I called CIC but they cant disclose information and they need to forward my request to Vegreville.

Here's my timeline

Apr 23 - Application Submitted (application for inland spousal, OWP. Medical and police check included)
May 2 - Open my application
June 2013 - received AOR

Thank you.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
amelia1727 said:
Anyone in here has the similar dates? Have you guys received any letter or email for the AIP? How long does it take to received the AIP and OWP? I know that it will come at the same time since I applied together.
I just got my AIP and OWP on Monday. I applied for OWP with my application, but I did not do medicals until I got the request last month. My application was received March 20th, 2013.

amelia1727

Mar 10, 2012
AckTivity said:
I just got my AIP and OWP on Monday. I applied for OWP with my application, but I did not do medicals until I got the request last month. My application was received March 20th, 2013.
Thank you. That was a relief for us.. But you guys are almost 1 1/2 months ahead of us.. I am hoping to received it soon. And I hope that they wont ask my husband to do the medical again since its past 6 months.

Did you get the AIP through email?

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
Wow! Really?!?! Are you sure we `never read' your post properly?!!!!

I asked if your close friend was either Canadian citizen or PR, because if he is NOT...how on earth can he sponsor anyone into Canada?

You never mentioned that your friend was from Singapore in your question and I'm not very good at reading a person's mind...at least not over the internet. ;D
Okay Sir That's my mistake i forget to wrote (he from Singapore currently working in Australia) and getting married with his girl friend in Oct..his Girl friend USA citizen and he also wanna move to USA WITH HER after married ...They wanna know which VO good for them ..AUSTRALIA OR SINGAPORE ??
any good advise for them please???

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
amelia1727 said:
Hi Everyone,

Ive been reading all your post for a long time and I wanted to join the forum. I am a PR holder in Canada and sponsoring my husband since last year (May 2, 2013). I also included an OWP application. I've checked ecas and its still "IN PROCESS". Processing times shows that they are now processing June 25, 2013. Which means, that it was past due for the AIP letter.

I called CIC but they cant disclose information and they need to forward my request to Vegreville.

Here's my timeline

Apr 23 - Application Submitted (application for inland spousal, OWP. Medical and police check included)
May 2 - Open my application
June 2013 - received AOR

Thank you.
Refer to this spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0

People with similar timelines have gotten AIP. So you should hear something soon.

Tuesdayc

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Hi all, does anyone has the CIC number to call? I tried the 1-888-241-2100 number and it keeps telling me that it is not valid in my area. Sigh...

danib

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
File Transfer...
CSQ - 08-04-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
DM - 25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
E-cas update - 28-03-2014
LANDED..........
18-06-2014 Montreal PR Card: 14-08-2014
Tuesdayc said:
Hi all, does anyone has the CIC number to call? I tried the 1-888-241-2100 number and it keeps telling me that it is not valid in my area. Sigh...
Hi Tuesdayc

The right number is : 1-888-242-2100
Good luck!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HARMIN said:
Okay Sir That's my mistake i forget to wrote (he from Singapore currently working in Australia) and getting married with his girl friend in Oct..his Girl friend USA citizen and he also wanna move to USA WITH HER after married ...They wanna know which VO good for them ..AUSTRALIA OR SINGAPORE ??
any good advise for them please???
Uh...you do realize that this forum is for people discussing PR to Canada, right? ;)

Maybe this link will help...maybe not:
http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?39-Family-Based-Green-Cards-Through-Marriage-or-a-Relative

He will be applying for US Green Card which has must stricter residency requirements, meaning that he'll have to live there 6 months out of the year...every year.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Ponga said:
Uh...you do realize that this forum is for people discussing PR to Canada, right? ;)
Ponga you are so kind : )

Harmin, I don't think many ppl on this board happen applying for PR to Canada and also had experience in PR to USA. So the chance to get your question answered "properly" is very small. :p

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Ponga said:
ponga ..we r here to discuss and help each others..we r here to give advise and take advise from each others ...we r not here to remind any one this only canada forum and we can't discuss any other matter here .. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
SO Please just reply if u know the answer , otherwise just leave it ...thanks 8)