AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Okay, husband came home and checked his records...looks like our application actually arrived to the office June 13th (certified mail was signed for)...I'm just wondering since we had to submit revised paperwork in July if July now counts as the month I should be waiting on? Guess I'll just continue to wait until I hear something from our lawyer and maybe he'll have an actual ID number for me then...still wondering why he doesn't have a date of AOR, unless he does and it's July and he won't tell me the actual date. Trying to keep patience! :)

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
Alurra71 said:
Ok, you mean on the actual sponsorship page, it says, the sponsorship application was received and began processing on Jan 30, 2014? What does it say about your AOR?

Or do you mean, when you click on the PR applicant link inside of your husbands eCAS it says that? There should be 2 parts you can click on with your hubbys UCI input. One should be sponsorship, the other PR application.
My eCAS

We received your application for permanent residence on April 2nd 2013.

My husband's eCAS:

Sponsored Person (Cirene)

IN PROCESS: We received your application to sponsor Cirene on April 2, 2013.

We started processing your application on January 30, 2014.

That's all..

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Cirene said:
Yeah :/ I never got the AOR, I called CIC last year and they apologized because the system failed to sent me the AOR but the date was April 16th 2013.

My husband's eCAS should had showed "In Process" like 8 months ago, not now..

That's why I think they opened my package and they forget to work with, there is not other reason and I'm worried that it will take ANOTHER 11 months for me!
You need to call CIC to figure out what this means, if anything. You should not have to wait another 11 months at all. They did indeed give you an AOR in April and your PR received date shows that, USUALLY they show your spouses 'started processing' date on that same date.

Now, what i THINK might have happened is this. Your particular VO is not quite as stringent with updating his eCas information as others. Remember, each VO is responsible for his/her cases. I think he/she is not paying attention and they have indeed begun processing your file, however, since he never put a date in your husbands, he just slapped it in the first slot he found under the file number.

I would indeed call CIC to see if they can help clear this up for you. Even if they can't give you a specific answer on the phone, they can indeed send an inquiry to Vegreville to see what is happening. That should clear it up pretty quickly. Don't just sit and wait to see what happens. Call them and give them a little kick in the tail ;)

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
This is great news, corbs! It gives hope to those of us that did not receive AIP & DM at the same time - hope that we may not have to wait the full 8 months before seeing second stage approval! :)
Thanks. If everything is in just hang tight. I'd be surprised if many (if any at all) have to wait the whole 8 months.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
Daizey said:
Okay, husband came home and checked his records...looks like our application actually arrived to the office June 13th (certified mail was signed for)...I'm just wondering since we had to submit revised paperwork in July if July now counts as the month I should be waiting on? Guess I'll just continue to wait until I hear something from our lawyer and maybe he'll have an actual ID number for me then...still wondering why he doesn't have a date of AOR, unless he does and it's July and he won't tell me the actual date. Trying to keep patience! :)
IF THEY GOT UR APPLICATION IN JUNE THEN U GONNA HEARD FROM THEM SOON ....BECAUSE NOW THEY R WORKING ON JUNE APPLICATION ....GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Alurra71 said:
You need to call CIC to figure out what this means, if anything. You should not have to wait another 11 months at all. They did indeed give you an AOR in April and your PR received date shows that, USUALLY they show your spouses 'started processing' date on that same date.

Now, what i THINK might have happened is this. Your particular VO is not quite as stringent with updating his eCas information as others. Remember, each VO is responsible for his/her cases. I think he/she is not paying attention and they have indeed begun processing your file, however, since he never put a date in your husbands, he just slapped it in the first slot he found under the file number.

I would indeed call CIC to see if they can help clear this up for you. Even if they can't give you a specific answer on the phone, they can indeed send an inquiry to Vegreville to see what is happening. That should clear it up pretty quickly. Don't just sit and wait to see what happens. Call them and give them a little kick in the tail ;)
Yeah, I called them on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week. On Wednesday the agent sent a message to CPCV about my file and that's when they started to really work on it.. I'll call tomorrow morning again and ask them about it.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Cirene said:
Yeah, I called them on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week. On Wednesday the agent sent a message to CPCV about my file and that's when they started to really work on it.. I'll call tomorrow morning again and ask them about it.
Like I said, It sounds like you got the lazy VO that doesn't update eCas ever, and decided to toss something in there somewhere.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Alurra71 said:
Cirene, if it is saying they are now processing the PR application as of Jan 2014, do NOT be disheartened, that means that the sponsorship has been approved (AIP) and they are now working on the actual PR part of the application.

**EDIT*** I know this because until they begin to process the actual PR part of your application (not the sponsorship part) the PR will continue to say, Application Received, only.
Yes Cirene. Thats exactly what i thought. Allura is correct. Remember, when we receive our AOR, the sponsor ecas shows in process, the applicant says application received. So, therefore, now that it changed to in process (applicant) part, then means that you sponsor has met eligibility or AIP. So, this might even be good news. Maybe aip email on its way. I hope allura and i are correct. Thats just my thought. Sending good vibes for you Cirene. Did you know that you and LineA are the two persons who welcomed and helped me with my first queries, am very grateful for that. Of course, with the rest of members here. So i really hope that that is good news but yes, call cic tom to clarify.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
shyla36 said:
Yes Cirene. Thats exactly what i thought. Allura is correct. Remember, when we receive our AOR, the sponsor ecas shows in process, the applicant says application received. So, therefore, now that it changed to in process (applicant) part, then means that you sponsor has met eligibility or AIP. So, this might even be good news. Maybe aip email on its way. I hope allura and i are correct. Thats just my thought. Sending good vibes for you Cirene. Did you know that you and LineA are the two persons who welcomed and helped me with my first queries, am very grateful for that. Of course, with the rest of members here. So i really hope that that is good news but yes, call cic tom to clarify.
Ooops, i havent read the latest posts, i just responded on the first post of Allura. I guess she has clarified everything already.

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
shyla36 said:
Ooops, i havent read the latest posts, i just responded on the first post of Allura. I guess she has clarified everything already.
Hehe it's ok.. Posts move very fast..

corbs

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
AOR Received.
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
20-12-2013
Cirene said:
Hehe it's ok.. Posts move very fast..
With that in mind i posted this earlier but it was on the bottom of the page so may have been missed. Just trying to ease your mind.

Cirene this is actually good news I think. My file said application received until after I got AIP, then moved to "in process" with a date in January. This is not them resetting the clock, they're finally working on your file!

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
corbs said:
With that in mind i posted this earlier but it was on the bottom of the page so may have been missed. Just trying to ease your mind.
Thank you corbs but it actually says "in process" on my husband's ecas (sponsor) not mine :(

I called CIC so many times about my husband's ecas because we could never log in and they never resolved the problem for us.

I tried to log in on his ecas on Monday and nothing.. I tried today and "POFF" there he was..

This is so weird!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Daizey said:
Hi Daizey, i havent tried this bec I received the actual AOR, but can you try logging in ecas using your receipt number (imm 5401)? If you log in the page, there are different numbers you can use to try to log in, one of them is this receipt no. You said you paid in the bank so am guessing thats the imm 5401. I hope this works, just try...

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
So I'm going a bit crazy here with my application (to say the least); a feeling that most of you will be familiar with!

My application was received on April 8th, 2013. AOR was April 17th, 2013. As of this moment, the Processing Times page shows a January 29th, 2014 update to the page, with CIC claiming they are processing applications received up to April 29, 2013 (something we all know already). Clearly, my application fits within this period, and I should have heard something by now.

However, according to my Sponsor's eCAS, the "Sponsorship Application Status" still says "In Progress" and the "Permanent Resident Application Status" still shows "Application Received".

Here's the confusing bit... We called CIC and were told by the representative that all she could see was that the application had been forwarded to the local CIC office (Edmonton). She didn't know when, nor could provide us with any other useful information regarding the status of the application. Needless to say, we have not yet received any email or letter stating AIP and/or referral to the local CIC office.

I thought we were supposed to be notified of AIP and at the same time informed about the application being forwarded to the local CIC office.

Any thoughts from those of you with a similar experience?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Guarona said:
So I'm going a bit crazy here with my application (to say the least); a feeling that most of you will be familiar with!

My application was received on April 8th, 2013. AOR was April 17th, 2013. As of this moment, the Processing Times page shows a January 29th, 2014 update to the page, with CIC claiming they are processing applications received up to April 29, 2013 (something we all know already). Clearly, my application fits within this period, and I should have heard something by now.

However, according to my Sponsor's eCAS, the "Sponsorship Application Status" still says "In Progress" and the "Permanent Resident Application Status" still shows "Application Received".

Here's the confusing bit... We called CIC and were told by the representative that all she could see was that the application had been forwarded to the local CIC office (Edmonton). She didn't know when, nor could provide us with any other useful information regarding the status of the application. Needless to say, we have not yet received any email or letter stating AIP and/or referral to the local CIC office.

I thought we were supposed to be notified of AIP and at the same time informed about the application being forwarded to the local CIC office.

Any thoughts from those of you with a similar experience?
If your file is forwarded to a local office, you are likely going to be put in que for an interview now. That can take months and months. You will not get AIP until this interview has been completed. They obviously have some questions about your relationship, hence the need to do an interview. You are now out of the 'normal' processing timeline so the 11 months for AIP no longer count.