+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
A spouse or a child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been accepted for processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and the application remains active.

I think there is some confusion on the wording from the BC MSP website and obviously with the BC Ministry of Health. If you read the above one could interpret as having to wait for AIP to apply for MSP. The application for sponsorship is Step 1 and Step 2 is the application for Permanent Residence by the applicant. If you go on your ecas under the PR application section it only says application received but not being processed. I assume this happens after AIP.

I was told I had to wait till AIP but I filled out the forms for MSP to give it a try. No skin off my back.
Ug...It's NOT the date that they process the application, it's the date that they ACCEPT the application for processing:

(From their own website):
Ordinarily, the wait period for coverage for a spouse/child that is residing in B.C. and has later
become an applicant for permanent resident status consists of the balance of the month Citizenship
and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts an application for permanent resident status, plus two months.
In some circumstances, the wait period may begin on the date the application fee for permanent
resident status was received by CIC if the spouse/child has been residing in B.C. since that time. This
is provided there is no significant delay between the fee being paid and the application being received
by CIC. Please note that although the wait period may begin based on the date the fee is paid, proof
the application has been accepted for processing by CIC is required in order to confirm eligibility.

The problem seems to be that some [BC MSP] employees think that this means AIP, but it does NOT. Again, I've called and spoken with two different people that both agreed...AOR is when you are eligible.

The sad truth is that if you want/need coverage at your AOR stage, you have to fight until you get the right person.

Sound familiar?!?!?!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Thank you Harmin and frenchwapiti,

I tried all different combinations using UCI and File number but I'm still not able to see anything.
I don't really want to try it again.. ???
but Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

frenchwapiti said:
hey Johnny P and Harmin,

I tried the same and it did not work with the IUC. but for me it worked with the file N0. did you try that too?

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
This is a very helpful information. Thanks SmileyKat. I wish you posted this much earlier when I was planning a vacation few months ago.
We ended up not going because we didn't want to take the risk. ::)

SmileyKat said:
Hello, everybody!

Congrats to those of you who have gotten good news recently. It certainly is a reason to celebrate!

I'm new to this forum. I've been following this thread for the last couple of months, though (It's helped me to stay sane! Waiting is tough). So I'm glad I found it :).

I would like to share some of my experience as a 2013 inland applicant, in case somebody finds it useful (please do take into account that everybody's situation is different!!).

- I travelled to my home country twice last year, before getting AIP. I didn't have any problems on the way back.
- I applied for BC MSP before AIP, it was rejected. I received a letter from them, stating I needed to provide proof of PR processing (that is, 2nd stage).
- I applied for a work permit online after I got AIP, and it was approved.
- I applied for BC MSP after AIP, and I'm still waiting to hear something from them...

Hang in there, guys. We're going to make it through :) (sometimes I wish patience were something you could buy). You all have a nice weekend!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Ug...It's NOT the date that they process the application, it's the date that they ACCEPT the application for processing:

(From their own website):
Ordinarily, the wait period for coverage for a spouse/child that is residing in B.C. and has later
become an applicant for permanent resident status consists of the balance of the month Citizenship
and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts an application for permanent resident status, plus two months.
In some circumstances, the wait period may begin on the date the application fee for permanent
resident status was received by CIC if the spouse/child has been residing in B.C. since that time. This
is provided there is no significant delay between the fee being paid and the application being received
by CIC. Please note that although the wait period may begin based on the date the fee is paid, proof
the application has been accepted for processing by CIC is required in order to confirm eligibility.

The problem seems to be that some [BC MSP] employees think that this means AIP, but it does NOT. Again, I've called and spoken with two different people that both agreed...AOR is when you are eligible.

The sad truth is that if you want/need coverage at your AOR stage, you have to fight until you get the right person.

Sound familiar?!?!?!
I still think the wording is not clear and was told by the person at MSP, specifically I could only apply after stage 1, but like I said I'm trying it anyways maybe it'll go through. Hopefully it works for you as well. :)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
guri3577 said:
Congrats Mrs_Canuck for getting OWP. Regarding the notes, you can certainly go ahead and apply, it won't cause any delay. They are most probably doing background/security checks.
Thanks for the reassurance, Guri. Just received the print out of the AIP (which was the same email my husband received that also confirmed his OWP) and it doesn't list any additional documents, and I know we paid all the fees outright so I was just confused. But I guess they need some time to process background checks and security checks. ;)

My hubby didn't waste time in joking that they'd find his serial killer history... :p

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
I still think the wording is not clear and was told by the person at MSP, specifically I could only apply after stage 1, but like I said I'm trying it anyways maybe it'll go through. Hopefully it works for you as well. :)
Even if you are initially denied, don't give up...if you really want/need the coverage that is.

Good luck!

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
No one on the forum received AIP today...hopefully some applicants that aren't on the forum are celebrating tonight!

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
folks-g said:
if everything is included you should get both stages at once with my app I think that we forget to account for some time in my personal history so I had to resubmit the background declaration form again.
Thanks folks-g congrats too!

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
JLynn1987 said:
No one on the forum received AIP today...hopefully some applicants that aren't on the forum are celebrating tonight!
Hopefully!
Sending all positivity and prayers for everyone waiting :) have a good weekend everyone!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
wolanila said:
Happy winter solstice everyone, it is December 22, 2012 and the world is still here :) We are coming into the new year and I thought this would be a good time to start a 2013 inland application thread as I have already seen many posts that are preparing there application for the new year. A warm welcome to all new applicants and please come and share your questions and experiences here.
*** I still wanna know how can I get my medical ahead of time without waiting the immigration telling me to do it.. This forum to me seems useless because no one is really.telling me what to do, which I have read lots of applicants here that they submitted their medical along with their applications. Is anybody out there wanna care my concerns?
Thank you and I would appreciate so much if you could tell me what to do.*** :(

Princess

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Princess029 said:
*** I still wanna know how can I get my medical ahead of time without waiting the immigration telling me to do it.. This forum to me seems useless because no one is really.telling me what to do, which I have read lots of applicants here that they submitted their medical along with their applications. Is anybody out there wanna care my concerns?

Princess
If you didn't send the medical with your application but would like to do so before AIP, you can. Check the CIC website for panel physicians in your area, call and schedule an appointment. You'll need to bring with you any documents you have received from CIC, as your UCI number will be used to (hopefully) ensure that your medical results are matched with your file. From what I understand, most if not all results are now being submitted electronically. After your exam, wait a couple of weeks and check Ecas to see whether or not the results were received and if not, I'd give CIC a call.

I have my medical scheduled for Monday, as I didn't submit it initially. I will post here my experience and also when my results are received by CIC, to offer a timeline to others in the same situation.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Unfortunately, few of them only providing answers, majors ignoring :-[
I havent sent my APP yet but I will tell you few options .
1- Call CIC to ask how you can attach your medical .2- if you already assigned UCI then provide it to the clinic where you will undergo the medical exam.3- wait till CIC contact you about it( not recommended)

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Princess029 said:

Princess
Posts move fast on the forums, especially now that 2013 applications are being approved. Here is the link for the CIC page that tells you what you need to know and how to find a panel physician in your area. Find the panel physician in your area, make the appointment and they will tell you what you need to bring.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Good luck.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Princess029 said:

Princess
You are right: nobody here can tell you what to do. We can make suggestions and give you advice, but ultimately it is up to you to be your own advocate.

They do their medical by going to the doctor and telling her/him that they are doing an "up front" medical - just like they would if they were doing it BEFORE the application was submitted. They will either get the IMM 1017 (old way) or the new sheet with the IME # on it.

IMM 1017 forms have a serial number on them. You submit the serial number bit to CIC and that permits someone in the office to match up your medical results with your immigration file. The IME# is a computer generated equivalent of the serial number and CIC uses it to find your medical results.

Note that the computer used for medicals and the computers used for immigration do not overlap. The medical folks assign you a rating and it is only that rating that normally gets transferred over (this is not true if you are coded M4, M5 or M6. M5 doesn't apply to spouse/partner applications because it is excessive demand - such cases are adjusted to M39).

All the details of this are described in OP 15.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Cirene said:
Yeah I called CIC and one of the officers told me it was "weird" that I haven't heard anything. He said that they usually post "notes" when they take so long to review an application but that was not my case. My file is clean! Seems like the officer opened my application and that's it, there is nothing wrong about it but they haven't done anything either... "It's in process"...
Sounds like you're in the same boat as we are. Our applications were in around the same time too. Wonder if our are in the same pile? We called CIC yesterday and we're told basically the same thing. That is was odd that we hadn't received AIP or anything. :( the guy we talked to said he would send an email to find out what's up. I wonder how long that will take?