Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
amyJP said:
Hello everyone!
My partner and I have been following this forum for a few months now but have just joined in!
I am Canadian and he is British - applying as Common Law.

It's been so helpful for us to refer to this community to find answers to some of the questions that have come up for us since applying, and also get an idea of timelines. It's been so encouraging to see all the AIP and OWPs start coming in, but also see the strength and patience of those still waiting. It looks like things have really sped up in the last little while - my last check was on Dec 30/2013 and CIC said processing apps received Jan 29, and today it says processing apps received Feb 23! Almost a month's jump in just 2 weeks - that's more movement than we've seen all year. Let's hope it keeps up!

Can you please add us to the spreadsheet? Info is as follows:

App rec'd: Mar 15
AOR: Mar 27
Med: with app
Police check: with app
OWP: with app

Thanks very much! Glad to finally be part of the forum :)
Welcome!

You should PM guri once you are able to, so he can get it! He's the one in charge of the spreadsheet :)

irlish

Dec 9, 2013
HI I SUPOSE THIS IS THE AIP?

we did medicals before send the file

La présente lettre fait suite à votre demande de résidence permanente dans la catégorie époux
ou conjoints de fait au Canada.
Votre demande en vue d’obtenir le statut de résident permanent en qualité de membre de la
catégorie des époux ou conjoints de fait au Canada a été jugée recevable. Toutefois, une
décision définitive ne sera pas rendue tant que vous n’avez pas satisfait à toutes les autres
exigences concernant l’obtention de ce statut. Il s’agit notamment de l’examen médical, de la
vérification des antécédents et des vérifications en matière de sécurité auxquels vous devez
vous soumettre vous-même et, le cas échéant, tous les membres de votre famille tant au
Canada qu’à l’étranger, même s’ils n’ont pas présenté, pour le moment, de demande pour venir
vous rejoindre. Vous ne pouvez pas obtenir le statut de résident permanent tant que vous et
tous les membres de votre famille n’ont pas satisfait à ces exigences.
Votre passeport ainsi que ceux des membres de votre famille doivent être valides pour la durée
de votre séjour au Canada

msgoodvibes

Jan 10, 2014
Tilikun said:
Yes , but it's not a certificate now , it's just a regular letter , your doctor will know as soon as you ask him . And yes it is better after you get the AOR email . And no , you shouldn't expect anything else from them other than the AIP ! . And when your angel gets to earth , don't forget to send his/her birth certificate ! :) .
Will do! Thanks much! :))

buza

Jun 18, 2013
Hello to all my sisters & brothers,

Please update 2013 inland spreadsheet as we got a good news! Me and my wife got AIP+OWP+DM emails on January 9 2014!

Can't describe how happy we are! Just want to thank all of you for your support! :)

Hope you all hear good news soon~ THANK YOU ALL! xoxo!

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
Congratulations buza!!! ;) and all those got AIP, OWP and DM!!!!! Wish to keep the ball to rolling at this good speed :)

folks-g said:
hey there waiting_patiently according to my specially design AIP formula its something I came up with because I have too much time on my hands and it has been fairly accurate so far. If all variables remains the same and they continue moving at this pace May applicants should start getting good news sometime in the week of February the 3rd. how exciting is that!! :D
I am a May applicant too and glad to hear this estimation. I simply count the number of applicants have got AIP between 2nd and 9th Jan (8days), which tells me a volume of 16 days application based on AOR date. At this pace, May applicants start getting good news in the week of Feb 3rd in my simple simple counting as well ;)

Things happening

Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
buza said:
Hello to all my sisters & brothers,

Please update 2013 inland spreadsheet as we got a good news! Me and my wife got AIP+OWP+DM emails on January 9 2014!

Can't describe how happy we are! Just want to thank all of you for your support! :)

Hope you all hear good news soon~ THANK YOU ALL! xoxo!
Congrats buza ;)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
irlish said:

La présente lettre fait suite à votre demande de résidence permanente dans la catégorie époux
Votre demande en vue d'obtenir le statut de résident permanent en qualité de membre de la
catégorie des époux ou conjoints de fait au Canada a été jugée recevable. Toutefois, une
décision définitive ne sera pas rendue tant que vous n'avez pas satisfait à toutes les autres
exigences concernant l'obtention de ce statut. Il s'agit notamment de l'examen médical, de la
vérification des antécédents et des vérifications en matière de sécurité auxquels vous devez
vous soumettre vous-même et, le cas échéant, tous les membres de votre famille tant au
Canada qu'à l'étranger, même s'ils n'ont pas présenté, pour le moment, de demande pour venir
vous rejoindre. Vous ne pouvez pas obtenir le statut de résident permanent tant que vous et
tous les membres de votre famille n'ont pas satisfait à ces exigences.
Votre passeport ainsi que ceux des membres de votre famille doivent être valides pour la durée
Yes, it's your AIP. This is a standard form letter that everyone gets. They will now process the applicant part. It could take a couple days or even a couple months, but you are close to the end.

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
sanda said:
Congratulations buza!!! ;) and all those got AIP, OWP and DM!!!!! Wish to keep the ball to rolling at this good speed :)

I am a May applicant too and glad to hear this estimation. I simply count the number of applicants have got AIP between 2nd and 9th Jan (8days), which tells me a volume of 16 days application based on AOR date. At this pace, May applicants start getting good news in the week of Feb 3rd in my simple simple counting as well ;)
How are you guys figuring that they will start processing May applicants in early February? Its early January now, and they are only processing early March applicants (= about 10 months). If they were processing May applicants in Feb, that would be a jump from 10 months to 9 months processing time in less than 1 month....

Happy for that to be true, but it seems highly unlikely.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
irlish said:

Votre demande en vue d'obtenir le statut de résident permanent en qualité de membre de la
décision définitive ne sera pas rendue tant que vous n'avez pas satisfait à toutes les autres
exigences concernant l'obtention de ce statut. Il s'agit notamment de l'examen médical, de la
Canada qu'à l'étranger, même s'ils n'ont pas présenté, pour le moment, de demande pour venir
tous les membres de votre famille n'ont pas satisfait à ces exigences.
Hello irish, yes it is the AIP, while u need to submit the medical and police certification in order to get the final decision of PM. Congratulation for you.

When did you apply for it? and when you received it?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013

seanbeck1

Aug 5, 2013
ishy said:
I had a slight similar situation as you since we didn't even know we qualify as common law by living together for one year. It seems like they just want proof of cohabitation of at least one year prior to you application(assuming you have other documents to support the relationship itself). We had just moved to a new apartment from a shared house while doing our undergrad, and threw out the lease. What we did was made a letter stating the time period when lived at our old house and had the landlord sign it. We included mail/bills that was delivered to that old address to support the landlord's letter. We also included the new lease (10 months) with both our names. Since we are students, we did not have joint bank accounts/wills/or any insurance beneficery. The two statuary declarants we used was my childhood friend and a schoolmate/housemate who lived with us at the old address.

Hope that helps.
Okay so do you guys think that if I fill out, and get the 'Statutory Declaration Of Common Law' form signed by a commissioner of oaths then this will provide sufficient evidence of our relationship? At the time of our application we just send away proof of the two of us living together such as letters for each of us that were sent to the same address.

We have an appointment in the morning with a lawyer, and we are hoping to get our form signed and dated back to September 2011 when we began living together. We are each bringing bank statements with us from that time to show that we were both at the same address.

Thanks

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Folks-g, I don't know how you came up with your formula, but let me tell you that you are an amazing human being! I'm an early April applicant, so if your formula holds true, my husband and I will hear something this month! :) You have no idea how happy you've just made me. Lifts the spirits. :)

+1.

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Folks-g, I don't know how you came up with your formula, but let me tell you that you are an amazing human being! I'm an early April applicant, so if your formula holds true, my husband and I will hear something this month! :) You have no idea how happy you've just made me. Lifts the spirits. :)

+1.
Until we see this magic formula, I'm going to go ahead and say that is probably highly unlikely.