30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
Bebecharmed said:
What a way to start the New Year!!!! Just opened my email and a letter attached to it: AIP/OWP/DM approved just waiting for my landing appointment!!!! OMG!!! Sooooo happpppy!!! My common law is sleeping and I can't contain myself to call my mom in the Philippines telling this GOOD NEWS! I wish for the inlanders for the same good news.. Line.a and Xenocat your application approval next!!!!
Congrat for all, can you tell us your history with CIC.

Xenocat

May 25, 2013
I just got some form of approval! Its def Stage 1, not sure if its stage 1 and stage 2 yet. I just got a letter from my lawyer:

This e-mail is to inform you that we have just received a letter of acknowledgement from the CPC in Vegreville stating that you have been deemed eligible to sponsor Xenocat. At this time, we ask that you remit payment for your final installment of legal fees in the amount of $800 CAD. Once we receive payment we shall forward you a copy of the letter. We have also received your correspondence with further information regarding your application, which will also be sent to you upon receipt of payment.

BUT! Today is the 10 year anniversary of me and my better half.. this news could not have come at a better time! You're up Line.a!

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
hockeyfan said:
I would call them and tell them to fix it, write them a letter saying to update it as well and then I think there's a form you can fill out as well attached with the notes you received to fix incorrect information.

Best of luck,
My notes didnt include any form. I called the call center and they asked me to write a letter explaining my situation and send it to CPC vergreville, which I will do.

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Congrats, Bebecharmed! SO happy for you! Your journey is nearly over, just have to wait for that landing letter! :) What an amazing New Year's gift to you and your family!

Line.a, feel better! I'm sure you and Xenocat will get AIP today. That might help you feel a little bit better. Fingers crossed for you both!
Thanks Mrs_Canuck!! Wish you all the best and happy new year!

Bebecharmed

Mar 20, 2013
Xenocat said:
I just got some form of approval! Its def Stage 1, not sure if its stage 1 and stage 2 yet. I just got a letter from my lawyer:

This e-mail is to inform you that we have just received a letter of acknowledgement from the CPC in Vegreville stating that you have been deemed eligible to sponsor Xenocat. At this time, we ask that you remit payment for your final installment of legal fees in the amount of $800 CAD. Once we receive payment we shall forward you a copy of the letter. We have also received your correspondence with further information regarding your application, which will also be sent to you upon receipt of payment.

BUT! Today is the 10 year anniversary of me and my better half.. this news could not have come at a better time! You're up Line.a!
Congrats Xenocat!!! Why didn't you receive an email? You should receive it when your lawyer got it...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Bebecharmed said:
Congrats Xenocat!!! Why didn't you receive an email? You should receive it when your lawyer got it...
The system will put the lawyer as the recipient based on the 'use of representative'. The part I find interesting is that the lawyer is holding the information 'hostage' until the rest of the payment has been made. I sincerely hate to see people, robbed, for lack of a better word regarding immigration. My husband and I paid a consultant as well, and now using and seeing the wealth of information provided on these forums I sometimes wish I could go back in time and tell them to bugger off! LOL

Xenocat

May 25, 2013
Alurra71 said:
The system will put the lawyer as the recipient based on the 'use of representative'. The part I find interesting is that the lawyer is holding the information 'hostage' until the rest of the payment has been made. I sincerely hate to see people, robbed, for lack of a better word regarding immigration. My husband and I paid a consultant as well, and now using and seeing the wealth of information provided on these forums I sometimes wish I could go back in time and tell them to bugger off! LOL
Eh, I was confident I could do it just fine on my own, but I decided to go the lawyer route more for piece of mind. I was in Canada out of status for almost 10 years, so I wanted to make sure I had everything right. And they're not really holding it hostage. They were upfront aobut the payment schedule for their services. 800 up front, 800 when app submitted, and 800 when they hear back from CIC. It was to be expected.

Bit pricey, to be sure, but I figured the piece of mind, knowing dedicated immigration lawyers were making sure all the i's and t's were taken care of was worth it for me.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
Wishing all my friends a very Happy and Prosperous new year 2014

Yslandgurl

Jan 21, 2013
Dear All,

A pleasant and safe New Year 2014 to all of us! I also would like to thank you all for the selfless acts of giving some of your time to help everyone around here by posting your experiences of this wonderful journey - I am positive about the whole process for all of us ;)- reading the posts have given us assurances and more knowledge of the entire process.

By the grace of God and the kindness of my immigration officer/s, I have received a letter saying ' that I meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status... However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements to becoming a permanent resident have been met. these requirements include medical, security and background checks for you, and if applicable, all your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time.

Other info:

1. I have submitted an original police clearance together with all my documents.

2. I have done my medicals before I submitted my documents and the CIC affiliated doctor have forwarded my results to the respective CIC department.

3. My online status says 'we have received your medical results'.

My questions:

1. Should I call CIC to let them know that I have also submitted my original police clearance? or should I wait for updated status online to say ' we have received your police clearance?

2. what does the 'if applicable' clause mean? in what circumstances do we get security and medicals for the other family members even though they are not applying with me at this time? I do not have any dependent children, they are in their mid 30s.

3. I am not sure if my thinking is correct: I think that the CIC sent me a letter with some general paragraphs included in it, and that if I have sent the required documents as mentioned in the paragraph, then I will just have to wait for acknowledgment to appear on my online status like the notice of receipt for my medical.

My AOR was feb 7, 2013. Thank you, appreciate any thoughts you may have.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
A very warm and happy new year to all my forum family I wish and hope that this new year brings everyone health,wealth ;-), luck amd be more prosperous as previous years past for everyone. Happy new years from me and my family to all of you :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Yslandgurl said:
Dear All,

A pleasant and safe New Year 2014 to all of us! I also would like to thank you all for the selfless acts of giving some of your time to help everyone around here by posting your experiences of this wonderful journey - I am positive about the whole process for all of us ;)- reading the posts have given us assurances and more knowledge of the entire process.

By the grace of God and the kindness of my immigration officer/s, I have received a letter saying ' that I meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status... However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements to becoming a permanent resident have been met. these requirements include medical, security and background checks for you, and if applicable, all your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time.

Other info:

1. I have submitted an original police clearance together with all my documents.

2. I have done my medicals before I submitted my documents and the CIC affiliated doctor have forwarded my results to the respective CIC department.

3. My online status says 'we have received your medical results'.

My questions:

1. Should I call CIC to let them know that I have also submitted my original police clearance? or should I wait for updated status online to say ' we have received your police clearance?

2. what does the 'if applicable' clause mean? in what circumstances do we get security and medicals for the other family members even though they are not applying with me at this time? I do not have any dependent children, they are in their mid 30s.

3. I am not sure if my thinking is correct: I think that the CIC sent me a letter with some general paragraphs included in it, and that if I have sent the required documents as mentioned in the paragraph, then I will just have to wait for acknowledgment to appear on my online status like the notice of receipt for my medical.

My AOR was feb 7, 2013. Thank you, appreciate any thoughts you may have.
that is your aip. That is also just a form letter and standard. You are almost done, congratulations.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
Hi all.. happy new year to everyone. Can anyone tell me how long it takes after cic received FBI Certificate to send landing letter for PR?. We are at our last step hopefully but I don't know how long it will take the CIC to send landing date for hubby. .. jst waiting desperately. ... help plz?