Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
gomdori said:
Hi,

Can anyone check if this email of mine (applicant) means AIP and DM at the same time?

My spouse(sponsor) has received an email saying that she meets the requirements for eligibility, which
means that our first stage has been completed.

And I have received a separate email with a pdf file saying that

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ( ) will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status."

Does it mean not only AIP but also "Decision Made"?

The 1st paragraph and the 3rd paragraph do not seem to be consistent but then, I
thought that they(immigration) may have just combined the two dinctinct messages,
each of which is for two different stages, respectively so that I get confused.

What do you think? Does it mean AIP and DM at the same time?

If so, what should I do next? (should I make an online payment at cic as soon as possible?)

Please help.
Thank you
Hi gomdori!

Looks like you got them both at the same time! Congratulations :).

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
gomdori said:
Hi,

Can anyone check if this email of mine (applicant) means AIP and DM at the same time?

My spouse(sponsor) has received an email with a pdf file saying that she has met the
requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, which means that our first stage has been completed.

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ( ) will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status."

The 1st paragraph and the 3rd paragraph do not seem to be consistent but then, I
thought that they(immigration) may have just combined the two dinctinct messages,

If so, what should I do next? (should I make an online payment at cic as soon as possible?)

Please help.
Thank you
OH WOW.. Congrats :D You got both, AIP and DM! You'll be contact to let you know when your landing date is :D

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
gomdori said:
Hi,

My spouse(sponsor) has received an email with a pdf file saying that she has met the
requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, which means that our first stage has been completed.

partner in Canada class.

status."

Please help.
Thank you

You got AIP and DM at the same time. I received the same letter in hand by the Immigration officer I didn't receive any emails. so Congrats :)

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
gomdori said:
Hi,

partner in Canada class.

status."

Please help.
Thank you
yess it is aip and dm congrats when did you apply?

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
gomdori said:
Hi,

partner in Canada class.

Thank you
Great news Gomdori, Congrats!...........Please share your application history.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!!

So no one else got AIP/DM today I guess...another day of waiting! ::)

Does anyone know what happens when they interview you? Is it a long process and what kinds of questions do they ask?

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
jsker said:
Congrats!!!

Does anyone know what happens when they interview you? Is it a long process and what kinds of questions do they ask?
Hi there jsker. When they interview you they ask you and your spouse about personal questions to know if you are in a genuine relationship.

I found this link with a list of questions. Hope this helps you Smiley

http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/70/110/

If you are talking about the "Landing Interview" seems to be simple and quick.

They ask you three fundamental questions:

1. Have you committed any crime?
2. Do you have any dependants?
3. Are you still married to your sponsor?

NOTE: Landing Interview and an Relations Interview Questions are two different things.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
applied4PR said:
You should go to your local registry (closest to your home) and they shall help you out.
Thanks applied4pr. Will do that.

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
LaylaLala said:
Also, is it possible t o get a driver's licence in Ontario with a just the frst stage approval? I know I can apply for OHIP with this. I wonder if it's possible for the licence as well. :-\
I don't have an AIP yet but I've had an Ontario driver's license for months. All you need is your passport and, depending on your country of origin, proof of a good driving record and/or taking a road test. It's no big deal, I highly recommend it - after all you'll want to have one eventually, right?

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
folks-g said:
anyone from barrie or orillia ontario??...I know the ans is no..lol am all alone :( :( :( :(..
My wife's family has a cottage in Orillia, and we'd love to live in that area someday. It's so beautiful! Right now, we're living in Winnipeg. It's very difficult not being able to visit my family in the states and also being so far away from my wife's family in Ontario. But Winnipeg is where her job is right now, and as its supporting both of us for the time being, we're making the best of it! I'm sure many of you can relate.

Stay positive, everyone! :)

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
jsker said:
Congrats!!!

This thread was made in July. Remember these are general questions and yours could differ, but you can expect somewhat similar ones. Second post is geared towards inland applicants.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t157678.0.html

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
gomdori said:
Hi,

partner in Canada class.

status."

Please help.
Thank you
Congrats on AIP and DM :)

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guri3577 said:
This thread was made in July. Remember these are general questions and yours could differ, but you can expect somewhat similar ones. Second post is geared towards inland applicants.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t157678.0.html
Thank you Guri, I was so curious about what types of things they ask people about! Although I hope that not answering every question 100% accurately means you'll get refused - I really can't even remember what we did for New Year's! Probably nothing!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
jsker said:
Thank you Guri, I was so curious about what types of things they ask people about! Although I hope that not answering every question 100% accurately means you'll get refused - I really can't even remember what we did for New Year's! Probably nothing!
Don't worry there might be some questions which won't be answered 100% accurately and visa officer will have to use his/her judgement if it makes your relationship genuine or not.
For example: They ask what is your spouse's favourite colours? You say red and white. Your spouse says her favourites are red,white and yellow. Not a big deal in my opinion.