+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

OlgaD

Nov 21, 2014
Hi All.
I was landed on May 12 2015.I am December 2014 applicant. I am still waiting for my PR card, its been way too long. Does anybody have similar situation? :(

Thanks!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
OlgaD said:
Hi All.
I was landed on May 12 2015.I am December 2014 applicant. I am still waiting for my PR card, its been way too long. Does anybody have similar situation? :(

Thanks!
Well you're clearly not Inland... but PR cards are taking 3+ months to issue.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
OlgaD said:
Hi All.

Thanks!
My wife landed on April 16th and the PR card arrived on July 21st. I think the CIC website indicated 85 days and it actually took 95 days.
So, now that the website shows 90 days, I assume you will receive the card around 100 days after your landing - which means you should be receiving your card this week, latest next week.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
goldenpots said:
Hi all,

This is my first time posting although I've been a long time lurker :)

I have a question about PR card mailing. Through a terrible comedy of errors, my PR card seems to be floating somewhere in Canada Post limbo and I am travelling to Europe on August 27th. I am not from a visa-exempt country. Here's a quick recap:

- I landed on May 1st, gave them my mailing address (home address). Was told 8-10 weeks for the card to arrive.
- After 8-10 weeks, card still hadn't arrived so I called CIC. Was told processing time was 84 days + 1-2 weeks of mailing time. I asked to verify the mailing address and the agent told me to look online. Checked online and saw that it was the correct, home address.
- After 84 days + 2 weeks of mailing had passed and no card, I called CIC. The agent told me it had been mailed on August 5th BUT it was mailed to my lawyer's office as my address had "expired". The only explanation I can think of is that this address expired a month before my passport I used for landing expired (I have a new one now). I checked online and saw that the address was still my home address with no mention of expiry - awesome!
- The PROBLEM is: my lawyer's office has moved. They have mail-forwarding but I'm terrified that they won't forward the document to the new address as it's sensitive.

My question:
- Has anyone had experience with mail forwarding their PR card?
- Does the PR card envelope say "do not forward" on it?

Thank you so much for any replies and for all the support over this long, arduous process.
Hi , i hope they do forward your card to your lawyer and you receive it this week , but I have to answer your 2nd question , on March 2015 I received my PRCard on a white envelope with the " Do Not Forward " on the upper right corner of it .

goldenpots

Aug 15, 2015
Tilikun said:
Hi , i hope they do forward your card to your lawyer and you receive it this week , but I have to answer your 2nd question , on March 2015 I received my PRCard on a white envelope with the " Do Not Forward " on the upper right corner of it .
Thanks for the reply Tilikun. We still haven't received the card so I'm guessing it's not going to happen. Apparently we might need to wait 6 weeks for the card to be returned and reprocessed by CIC :mad:

I looked into the option of a travel document while abroad, but we're not in one country long enough for me to give up my passport for processing - even with the UK's relatively short processing time of 5 working days.

I'm planning on rerouting my flight into the US (I have a tourist visa) and driving through the border with my COPR. I'm 98% sure this is OK to do, but can anyone on the forum confirm? I'll bring a letter of employment and CRA letter as well, just in case. Anything else?

Thank you.

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: I just received my Permanent Resident card! So, October 2013-August 24, 2015. What a long road!!!!!

Good luck to everyone!

nique2gee

Apr 8, 2015
Finally free from this long journey...I received my PR and Health card today. Exactly 90 days from landing. Good luck to all others who are waiting. Your day will surely come...

Good luck..........

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I posted this in the PR timeline post as well: My spouse landed May 19th, and we received the PR card yesterday (August 27th). It was printed August 21st. So it's definitely over 100 days now. Glad this long saga is over...

Hopefully anyone left from 2013 is getting finished now!

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Landing interview today - August 28, 2015 in Hamilton, ON office was successful, so now the wait for the PR card. Thank again for all the information.

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know the good news!!! :) :) :) :) :) My hobby got DM last Wednesday, Aug 26/15. The next day we received the landing interview appt to be next Tuesday, Sep 15/15 at the Edmonton office.

Sophieee , thanks a lot for crating and updating the excel spreadsheet. You did a great job :D

Congratulations to everyone receiving the final good news, this group has been an amazing support. To the ones still waiting I can just tell them to be a little bit more patient, their time is soon to come.

Do you have any idea how long is taking the PR card to arrive in the mail? We are in Edmonton, Alberta

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Lisan said:
Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know the good news!!! :) :) :) :) :) My hobby got DM last Wednesday, Aug 26/15. The next day we received the landing interview appt to be next Tuesday, Sep 15/15 at the Edmonton office.

Sophieee , thanks a lot for crating and updating the excel spreadsheet. You did a great job :D

Congratulations to everyone receiving the final good news, this group has been an amazing support. To the ones still waiting I can just tell them to be a little bit more patient, their time is soon to come.

Do you have any idea how long is taking the PR card to arrive in the mail? We are in Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats to you guys! :)
Unfortunately the PR card arrival time is between 90 and 100 days as of today, but as always with the CIC, it can change for the better or for the worse ::)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Hello guys,
it is a while I did not show in the forum. However I still think of you all still waiting patiently for your PR cards. to all those who got the good news, my warmest congratulations and to all the others : hang in there, it will come!

does anyone know if there is a time delay we should not go over if we are going abroad? I mean could I leave Canada for like more than 6 months or is that too long? I could not find a topic on this question.
thanks for any hint and have a great day everyone

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
frenchwapiti said:
Hello guys,
it is a while I did not show in the forum. However I still think of you all still waiting patiently for your PR cards. to all those who got the good news, my warmest congratulations and to all the others : hang in there, it will come!

does anyone know if there is a time delay we should not go over if we are going abroad? I mean could I leave Canada for like more than 6 months or is that too long? I could not find a topic on this question.
thanks for any hint and have a great day everyone
According to the current rules, in order to keep your PR status, you have to live in Canada for two out of five years. So, in theory, you can live abroad for 3 years and still remain a PR if before and after that, you've lived in Canada for at least two years.

tynoxes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
So I am extremely late to update this but better late than never. :eek:

I did my landing on 14th of May, 2015 and got my PR card the 28th of August, 2015.
I started working not long after my landing, so it has been a crazy first few months, but very happy to have the process done for now!

Big thanks to everyone that answered questions I had and good luck to everyone waiting for news!!

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
sophieee said:
Congrats to you guys! :)
Unfortunately the PR card arrival time is between 90 and 100 days as of today, but as always with the CIC, it can change for the better or for the worse ::)
Hi everyone,
I would like to update our situation in order to prevent this to happen to anyone else: My hubby was suppose to land yesterday in CIC Edmonton, but he did not :-[ He got his passport taken away two years ago because he stayed after his work visa expired (this does not happen to everybody with this situation but it did happen to him). So when we went to land, immigration did not have his passport because the Border Services Agency office is not the same CIC landing office. The lady told us we were suppose to let them know by email that he does not have his passport so they request it to the Border office. Now we have to wait for them to request it and give us another appointment. More to wait :'(
Has anyone have the same situation? How long did they take?