+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Finally00

Feb 25, 2015
Thanks to everyone on this forum for your updates and incite. I finally received my permanent resident card today in the mail after having my interview on April 21st. It is finally over. Thank you all so much!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Congrats Finally0!

After waiting patiently for 95 days, my wife received her PR card yesterday.
We are so glad that this long process is finally behind us.
Good luck to everyone who's still painfully waiting for this to be over!!

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I received an email from CIC indicating my application is completed and then checked ECAS to see the long awaited "decision made." Waiting to be contacted for landing interview, but almost there.

March 4, 2014 applicant.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for the wonderful information.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to say that I landed this morning in Montreal :D It took a little longer than I expected but we were walked through all of the PR rules by a very helpful gentleman named Alex, then we did the standard questions and left with our lives ahead of us.

Thank you to each and every one of you for making this forum what it is. You have made such a difference to this process for me.

My final dates:

Submitted sponsorship and OWP: Oct 2
AOR & CSQ Request: Oct 25
OWP rec'd: Jan 14
AIP: Mar 17 (Request for updated medical, and Date/place of last entry into Canada)
DM: June 15
Landing letter: July 17
Landing Interview: July 30

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Linden said:
And if you're from a visa exempt country you should have no issue traveling by air. My partner recently did this and just presented her COPR to the customs agent at YVR. Easy
Fair warning: beginning August 1, 2015, Canada will start the eTA program, which is an electronic travel authorization that will make it more difficult for visa-exempt passport holders to travel without having their PR card (this is because, as permanent residents, they won't be eligible for eTAs - eTAs are only for "foreign nationals") .

The program becomes mandatory March 15, 2016, when it will be required to have an eTA prior to boarding a flight to Canada.

Note: US Citizens (but not US permanent residents) are exempt from the requirement to have an eTA.

daisyy11

May 18, 2015
congrats !!! i just had one question for you.... so you had a normal inland application ... so once you were approved for sponsor what happened next?? i am kind of confused because i am hearing there are 2 interviews that us inland applications have to go through ... and on 1 of the interviews they only ask 3 questions ??? can someone please clear all this us for me i don't understand ... like list he standard steps that happen after you are approved for sponsor

LeBon said:
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to say that I landed this morning in Montreal :D It took a little longer than I expected but we were walked through all of the PR rules by a very helpful gentleman named Alex, then we did the standard questions and left with our lives ahead of us.

Thank you to each and every one of you for making this forum what it is. You have made such a difference to this process for me.

My final dates:

Submitted sponsorship and OWP: Oct 2
AOR & CSQ Request: Oct 25
OWP rec'd: Jan 14
AIP: Mar 17 (Request for updated medical, and Date/place of last entry into Canada)
DM: June 15
Landing letter: July 17
Landing Interview: July 30

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
daisyy11 said:
congrats !!! i just had one question for you.... so you had a normal inland application ... so once you were approved for sponsor what happened next?? i am kind of confused because i am hearing there are 2 interviews that us inland applications have to go through ... and on 1 of the interviews they only ask 3 questions ??? can someone please clear all this us for me i don't understand ... like list he standard steps that happen after you are approved for sponsor
The first interview usually (98% of cases) is waived, CIC only require it if they are concerns about the relationship / sponsor / applicant.
The second interview is the landing interview, couple basic questions before you get your confirmation of PR. The questions are in the FAQ in my signature.

luckyson123

Oct 10, 2013
I finally landed!! after such a long excruciating wait. I just wanted to thank this forum a lot in these past two years of waiting. This forum has helped me a lot and I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum especially the forum star members. Even though I haven't been able to contribute much , this forum has made my long days of waiting better seeing there were many inlander's experiencing the same things as me. Thank you inlanders 2013 forum. Special thanks to Sophie who has worked hard to update all the information to the excel sheet thus keeping us in pace with the speed at which the processing times were taking place. Thank you so much everyone.

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
I intended to send u my timeline once completed but I didn't see my name on the spreadsheet first. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2013.
We started processing your application on March 18, 2015.(SA on March 18 too)
Medical results have been received.( I did upfront medical on Feb 20, 2014)
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. (DM on March 19, 2015)
You entered Canada at the Kitchener office on April 17, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident.
My PR card was made on July 6, 2015.

P.S., I visited my home country China with OWP and valid visa for 9 weeks during the PR process, had no problems at the customs when coming back, the only question they did ask was what kinda job I would be working on.

Thanks. Please let me know if u have any questions. Good luck with everyone's application!

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Landing interview in Etobicoke, Aug 24!
Almost done.

Nov.2013

Oct 6, 2014
April Fajardo said:
Landing interview in Etobicoke, Aug 24!
Almost done.
Congrats, April!

We have pretty similar timelines, although we are Nov. 20 applicants. We got DM on July 27th and are waiting to hear from Etobicoke (could they take any longer?! :p). When did you get DM and how did they contact you for the interview (letter, email)?

Thank you!

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
I received email for DM July 16.
Email from Etobicoke Aug 6.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
computergeek said:
Fair warning: beginning August 1, 2015, Canada will start the eTA program, which is an electronic travel authorization that will make it more difficult for visa-exempt passport holders to travel without having their PR card (this is because, as permanent residents, they won't be eligible for eTAs - eTAs are only for "foreign nationals") .

The program becomes mandatory March 15, 2016, when it will be required to have an eTA prior to boarding a flight to Canada.

Note: US Citizens (but not US permanent residents) are exempt from the requirement to have an eTA.
Actually you can still get an eTA as a permanent resident. I just tested the online questionnaire and it allows you to obtain an eTA if you are a PR.

goldenpots

Aug 15, 2015
Hi all,

This is my first time posting although I've been a long time lurker :)

I have a question about PR card mailing. Through a terrible comedy of errors, my PR card seems to be floating somewhere in Canada Post limbo and I am travelling to Europe on August 27th. I am not from a visa-exempt country. Here's a quick recap:

- I landed on May 1st, gave them my mailing address (home address). Was told 8-10 weeks for the card to arrive.
- After 8-10 weeks, card still hadn't arrived so I called CIC. Was told processing time was 84 days + 1-2 weeks of mailing time. I asked to verify the mailing address and the agent told me to look online. Checked online and saw that it was the correct, home address.
- After 84 days + 2 weeks of mailing had passed and no card, I called CIC. The agent told me it had been mailed on August 5th BUT it was mailed to my lawyer's office as my address had "expired". The only explanation I can think of is that this address expired a month before my passport I used for landing expired (I have a new one now). I checked online and saw that the address was still my home address with no mention of expiry - awesome!
- The PROBLEM is: my lawyer's office has moved. They have mail-forwarding but I'm terrified that they won't forward the document to the new address as it's sensitive.

My question:
- Has anyone had experience with mail forwarding their PR card?
- Does the PR card envelope say "do not forward" on it?

Thank you so much for any replies and for all the support over this long, arduous process.