+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
ScarlettPrimrose said:
Did your letter indicate how far back they want proof from? Mine actually says to provide proof of relationship and cohabitation from one month BEFORE we got married to the present.
hi -

yes - from 2007!!!!! grrr....

thank you guys for your responses and help. really appreciate it!

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
screech339 said:
Not all scotiabank allow spouses without SIN to sign up a joint account. I suspects it is on branch by branch cases. Scotiabank branch at two difference locations wouldn't allow me to get joint account until my wife has SIN. Since there were no hurry, we waited until my wife had one.

Screech339
when i opened my account with Scotiabank - they said I couldn't add my spouse, let alone for him to have a separate account. I will definitely follow all advice I can get - thank you so much!

I am also will be getting copy of my last year's tax forms - i did claim his 'allowance' since he doesn't work.. and I was granted it then, by the way, even though many say CRA wouldn't without spouse's SIN. they did..

Once again thank you all

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
innosense said:
You can
1. get Add On Credit card ( RBC ) and the statement will reflect both ur names
2. get Driving Licence even if visitor
3. Add to ur health insurance, submit proof of any claims made.
4. Add in vehicle insurance
5. u can even add spouse name in lease. not sure why some don't allow it.
6. Take pics in famous landmarks where ever u live in Canada
You cannot get a driver's license in Alberta before receiving AIP. In which province were you able to?

Kae12345

Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 30, 2013
My husband was able to get a driver's licence in BC with only a visitor visa.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
CK07 said:
Good News Guys..! my husband received His OWP..!! wooot..!
Congrats!!!!!!
Your husband received AIP 6 weeks after sending back the proof of relationship, right?

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
JohnnyP said:
Congrats!!!!!!
Your husband received AIP 6 weeks after sending back the proof of relationship, right?
yes JohnnyP.. 6 weeks waiting for AIP then 2 weeks waiting for OWP..!! yours is coming soon..!!

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
One question, my husband OWP will expired on June 22, 2015 (same as his passport) what is the best way to extend his OWP..? do we have to apply for another one..? and how..?

thanks..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CK07 said:
One question, my husband OWP will expired on June 22, 2015 (same as his passport) what is the best way to extend his OWP..? do we have to apply for another one..? and how..?

thanks..
Well, the best way would be for CIC to give him his PR...then he wouldn't even need a new OWP, right?!

In the meantime, I suspect that he will need to renew his passport before he could get a new OWP.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Ponga said:
Well, the best way would be for CIC to give him his PR...then he wouldn't even need a new OWP, right?!

In the meantime, I suspect that he will need to renew his passport before he could get a new OWP.
Thats what i thought.. because if we wait for another 8 months to get his 2nd stage done without extending his OWP i'm afraid that might cause us a problem..

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
I was able to add my spouse tomy scotia account after they turned us down twice...I live in Ontario so I got him an ontario photo ID card which satisfies the Provicial ID requirement. I added him as benefactor to insurance and one of my utility company allowed me ti add name on his account. I was also able to get him a credit card on my account....I can for about $1000 add him to our house title and there are trips and vacation and family gathering pics taken over the yrs

screech339 said:
Not all scotiabank allow spouses without SIN to sign up a joint account. I suspects it is on branch by branch cases. Scotiabank branch at two difference locations wouldn't allow me to get joint account until my wife has SIN. Since there were no hurry, we waited until my wife had one.

Screech339

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
gfdvca said:
You cannot get a driver's license in Alberta before receiving AIP. In which province were you able to?
I got it in Ontario.

hankbuster

Oct 3, 2012
My wife received this letter today by email... is this what I think it is???

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The

Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton will contact you to arrange an appointment for the

finalization of your permanent resident application.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
hankbuster said:
My wife received this letter today by email... is this what I think it is???

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The

Canada Immigration Centre in Edmonton will contact you to arrange an appointment for the

finalization of your permanent resident application.
That's a beautiful "decision made" letter , congratulations !!
When did you apply ? Can you share the officer initials at the bottom of your letter ? Thanks ! And
Congratulations again !

hankbuster

Oct 3, 2012
Tilikun said:
That's a beautiful "decision made" letter , congratulations !!
When did you apply ? Can you share the officer initials at the bottom of your letter ? Thanks ! And
Congratulations again !
August 13th, 2013
The officer initials is MAF