+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
I just found the program Power and Politics has a facebook page. If others could post there maybe someone will pick up our stories.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
The CIC most likely asked for it because of how long the processing times are taking, if you think about it is now taking over a year from when you submitted the application until now for them to even read and check the application, a lot can change in the year.
I have a question guys, can everyone who sees this and had been request to share more documents before receiving AIP tell us what exactly they requesting, and if this was not included and if you're married or common law!? It seems a lot of people are being asked to submit more prove, I just want to see if there's a pattern here, or maybe is the same agent asking or they buying time...

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
Brazilian Canadian said:
I have a question guys, can everyone who sees this and had been request to share more documents before receiving AIP tell us what exactly they requesting, and if this was not included and if you're married or common law!? It seems a lot of people are being asked to submit more prove, I just want to see if there's a pattern here, or maybe is the same agent asking or they buying time...
That's a great idea. I'm very curious on all of that as well.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Hi guys, im aug 23 and still no aip. Just called cic and i was told to wait until feb 2015, and if i dont hear anyghing by then, to call them back.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
filipina311 said:
Hi guys, im aug 23 and still no aip. Just called cic and i was told to wait until feb 2015, and if i dont hear anyghing by then, to call them back.
Sorry to hear that Filipina 311, how come they are working with August 26 applications now? Yours should be done by now

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
filipina311 said:
Sorry to hear that, but February?? Really?? Do you have a 'complicated' file?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
ACS said:
So I called CIC first thing this morning as the last agent I spoke to told me there was a mailing in our file that had to be sent out by Dec.4th.

This agent says she see's nothing in our file about any mailing. Although she said we DO have AIP. And that my husband should have got his AIP letter on Nov.17th (which is the date on eCAS it shows they began his Stage 2 processing). She cannot tell why it wasn't sent, but said she is sending an email to tell them to issue his AIP email. She said it could take days or weeks depending on how busy they are.

She was also very surprised to see that we got our AIP on Nov.17th and that my husband still doesn't have his OWP. She checked and said it hasn't been approved yet. :( She see's no reason why not, and that she thinks we should have gotten it by now.

I am very happy for those receiving OWP, don't get me wrong....but OMG!!! Where the EFFFFF is ours?!?!??? I am so sad that we won't be able to do a nice bday for our little guy and we are barely getting by on rent for xmas, let alone gifts. I am still hoping we get the OWP soon, but apparently it still isn't issued. :(
So interestingly enough when I called the call center again at 8am, I got the same lady as last time. Melaine. She was super nice, and super helpful.

She confirmed again that my husband DOES have AIP, and even read back to me the email she sent yesterday asking them to email him the AIP, as well as an email asking why we haven’t gotten our work permit yet.

She also said that she can see on Nov.10 his file was transferred to another department (but still in Mississauga) to review the Criminality issue. She said “not gonna lie, but it will take longer to process with the review of the criminality issue.” But that extra time will be for the issue of DM. It is not supposed to affect the issuance of the OWP. And she says we should have had it approved by now, and it is not.

But I *think* this could be a good thing? If our file was transferred to another department to review the criminality issue on Nov.10th and my husband got AIP on the 17th??? (although not sent to him, she told me 100% for sure he got AIP on the 17th). So if it was such a huge problem, they may not have issued AIP?

Wonder if I should order GCMS notes again yet??

That is my update for now. I am happy for everyone receiving their AIPs & OWPs and sorry for all of us in the stressful situation. I can’t lie though…as happy as I am for everyone who is getting their OWPs it’s a bit painful to see right now as we are sort of past due on ours, and I am so upset that we can’t give our son the birthday and Christmas that he deserves because of money issues. :( :(

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
That makes absolutely no sense.

Are you claiming that because of CIC's own [mysterious] delays in processing times, they are asking, in essence, for proof that this couple is still together?

*pfft*
Yes quite CLEARLY and it makes perfect sense, a lot can change from the time you send the application in to the stage when the CIC start processing you. You might be at a different address or you might no longer be with your partner as well as asking for extra proof since you submitted the package.

Its now nearly 1 year and a half before the Agent opens the application up, its clear why they are asking this.

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Brazilian Canadian said:
It would also be interesting to see if other applicant streams (outland especially) are experiencing any similar uptick in requests
for additional information and loss of paperwork. Does anyone read other threads?

Littlesoldier

Oct 6, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
I noticed this tendency too. This actually made me suspect that they have lost part of the documents we attached along with the applications....as if I don't remember wrong, some applicants were asked to resubmit marriage certificate, proof of living together etc.....

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
impatienthope said:
It would also be interesting to see if other applicant streams (outland especially) are experiencing any similar uptick in requests
for additional information and loss of paperwork. Does anyone read other threads?
no, this is not common in Outland applications. it's very few and far between that applicants need to resubmit something that has already been submitted. while there are some, most applicants go through the process without any sort of document request from CIC. Generally, the most common requests are passports, fees, proof of settlement plans if sponsor is living outside of Canada, marriage certificate (if the original one sent was not the correct type, ie: short vs. long form) and new police clearances if the original was out of date.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
filipina311 said:
Feb 2015 for August 2013 applicant? Wth is going on CIC..

Feb 2015 - August 2013
March 2015 - September 2013
April 2015 - October 2013
May 2015 - November 2013
June 2015 - December 2013
July 2015 - January 2014

And so on..... OMG CIC.. Please don't do this to us.. Your making our life complicated and miserable.. Mr. Chris Alexander make a move.... Hear us..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
filipina311 said:
I think the agent wanted to get rid of you and make you stop calling. If there is nothing wrong with your file you will get your AIP soon. But since Aug. 26 applicants already got their AIP I think it's a good idea to order your notes and see what's going on. Or try to call again, an other agent could tell you something different.