10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
frenchwapiti said:
I am so sorry to read this JohnnyP! This whole process is so time and nerf consuming. I hope that you will get news before 6 weeks.
I am still waiting that the officer looks at my OWP. on the phone I was told to call in 2 or 3 weeks.
keep your smile though, because we don't have the choice any way , right?
Thank you. Just hoping that it will be a "happy" Christmas day...

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
e

Alurra71 said:
I'm sorry I filed before you. I'm sorry they processed applications faster back in 2012. Does that help you to feel better?
All sarcasm aside Alurra71, you should well know by that our situation is different from yours and I hope that I have galvanized at least one person on this thread to do something, rather than listen to this defeatist/conformist narrative of "sit down and shut up".

Remember everyone, even when it comes to government, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Remember Susana Bustes, the expectant, Peruvian mother (and inland applicant) who didn't have BC healthcare?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/red-tape-leaves-expectant-b-c-mom-with-no-medicare-1.2638068

Once they put a camera on Terry Lake, BC's Health Minister, he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair and said they would show compassion in the case.

How about Anya Sass, who went public and got CIC to reverse it's decision on her husband's visa refusal from Syria?

Before:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ottawa-blocks-canadian-from-getting-syrian-husband-out-of-danger-1.2772266
After:
http://globalnews.ca/news/1656133/calgarian-wins-fight-to-bring-syrian-husband-to-canada/

We're getting what we deserve, everyone. You don't necessarily have to get up on a soapbox, or lead an angry mob to the doors of the CIC offices. If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to sign up for a twitter account, even if it's under a pseudonym, and let @ MinChrisA, @ CDayOttawa and @ CitImmCanada know that you are concerned about these worsening processing times. While you're at it, let Toronto Star Reporters @ nkeung and @ debrablack know that you have something to say about this. Twitter is more publicly visible hence, more difficult to ignore than email.

Alurra71 said:
Then be the change rather than spouting veiled hate and anger to those who have nothing to do with your current situation.
Hate? No. Anger, perhaps (I don't think there was anything veiled about it), but I certainly know I'm not the only person following this forum who is angry with this situation. In the same vein that you apologized to me, I'm sorry that you ended up in the crosshairs (Does that help you to feel better?) I would only ask that you be the agent of less sarcasm and I'll get back to fixing this serious problem that myself and 10,000 other families find themselves in.

Alurra71 said:
I think accurate data will get you much further in your endeavors. Comparing apples to apples is a start.
...and that's exactly what I'm trying to do, find accurate data and to the greatest extent possible, compare apples to apples. I will consider the full breadth of the information that you offered in your first post and incorporate it into something more complete in the near future. While you are reading this, do you have any suggestions on how I might present this that will get me closer to my goal of providing an accurate comparison?

Alurra71 said:
You forgot to mention the names of every other Inland applicant that applied and landed before you; or is this only directed to those who dare to come in your thread.
I think I would exceed the character limit for this post if I did that. As for this being my thread? Don't be absurd. I'm speaking on behalf of dozens of us who are enduring serious hardship, with no end in sight. We envy those of you who have already gone through this process and we wish that our process was as predictable and as straightforward as it was for the majority of you who landed before these processing times really stretched out.

To summarize, I categorically reject the notion that we should sit idly and wait as CIC indefinitely lengthens our wait time. Seriously, how many of us can continue to wait in limbo without healthcare or that extra paycheque? If your unprotected spouse has one slip on the ice this winter, it could ruin you financially if you don't continue to push for better processing of our files. Is that the kind of fear we want to live in?

Please if you haven't done so already, create a twitter account and join in the discussion using the hashtag #InlandSponsor. Then, if you are feeling ambitious enough, make sure you have recently written a letter to your MP, then book an appointment to speak with someone in their office and explain that this arbitrary delay of inland processing is causing distress in your family. If enough of us squeak, they will grease the wheel. PM me if you have any specific questions or concerns.

-GFDVCA

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally, I'd be happy with just a public update from CIC, explaining these delays.

Typhoon Haiyan (last November) had an impact on applications, which is understandable.

The move of Inland processing from CPC-V to CPC-M, was supposed to be a positive move, yet...it's only added to the delays.

Now, with Super Typhoon Hagupit, poised to hit the Philippines (any minute now), there could be another wave [no pun intended] of delays for CIC, should there be refugees fleeing to Canada.

Perhaps it's a matter of pride...CIC doesn't want to publicly admit that the shift from CPC-V to CPC-M maybe wasn't well thought out after all?

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Ponga said:
Personally, I'd be happy with just a public update from CIC, explaining these delays.
This is spot on. I've been saying the same thing for a long time. I know I wouldn't be as irate about the situation if the CIC would just say what the issue is instead of saying nothing or just lying about it for months.

I guess I was naive for expecting Canadian politicians and government offices to be more honest than the states.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ponga said:

Typhoon Haiyan (last November) had an impact on applications, which is understandable.

The move of Inland processing from CPC-V to CPC-M, was supposed to be a positive move, yet...it's only added to the delays.

Now, with Super Typhoon Hagupit, poised to hit the Philippines (any minute now), there could be another wave [no pun intended] of delays for CIC, should there be refugees fleeing to Canada.

Perhaps it's a matter of pride...CIC doesn't want to publicly admit that the shift from CPC-V to CPC-M maybe wasn't well thought out after all?
From a purely cynical view point, it may be doing exactly what CIC intended, causing inland applications to become extremely unattractive. Just looking at the forum, one can see many posts now recommending the withdrawal from inland and resubmission outland instead. Would this have been the case just two years ago?

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
civic said:
I cant believe it. This is the response from CIC to one of the members in Inland Facebook page :eek:

An official from our Ministry spoke to the Operations Manager at the CPCM (CIC) regarding the status of this application. CPCM has told us that there are many applications like this case where processing times for first stage approval (Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored) is taking longer than usual. CIC is aware of this and they are currently in discussions on how to handle the backlog of applications. Current wait time is between 6-8 months to receive stage 1 Approval in Principle. This means that the client in question would potentially receive approval around February 2015 given that they applied in July 2014.
Civic, was there anything else mentioned about this? A name or email address of a CIC contact?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No idea which case is being discussed by the CPCM Operations Manager, because the current wait time for AIP hasn't been 6-8 months for well over...7 months. Processing times went from 11 months, in Dec 2013, down to ~ 7-8 months earlier this year (~ April), but then slowed down to the snail's pace that they are today.

How could a July 2014 applicant be `on track' for AIP in Feb 2015?

Does the CPCM OM understand basic math, or does s/he think that 2+2= cat?

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Does anyone remember the the fish from "Finding Nemo" that went mad every time he sees bubbles. Here it is just incase you forgot ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7IYR_rELyE

.... this is how I feel every time my phone chimes announcing the arrival of an email.

Waiting for AIP since yesterday ......

CIC ... get a red bull and get going .....!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
fugaziosbourne said:
This is spot on. I've been saying the same thing for a long time. I know I wouldn't be as irate about the situation if the CIC would just say what the issue is instead of saying nothing or just lying about it for months.

I guess I was naive for expecting Canadian politicians and government offices to be more honest than the states.
Filipinos are not a refugee. I don't even believe that there is people in Canada now from Typhoon Haiyan's victims. Just saying.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess029 said:
Filipinos are not a refugee. I don't even believe that there is people in Canada now from Typhoon Haiyan's victims. Just saying.
There were many victims of Typhoon Haiyan that DID come to Canada, because they had family here. Those people were processed `at the front of the line', which is certainly understandable! My apologies, if I used the wrong word by saying`refugee'.

[source]:
http://www.international.gc.ca/development-developpement/humanitarian_response-situations_crises/haiyan/haiyan_results-resultats_haiyan.aspx?lang=eng

# As of April 1, 2014, the total number of approved applications (in persons) from Filipinos affected by the Typhoon was 1,097. 245 of those are Temporary Resident applications and 852 are Permanent Resident applications, which includes immigration related adoptions.
# On November 13, Canada announced it would prioritize the processing of applications on request from Filipinos who were significantly and personally affected by Typhoon Haiyan.

"Just saying". ;)

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
Just got the OWP in mail. Aug.21 app,AIP was given Nov.24 .

sophieb

Nov 6, 2014
A CIC agent told my husband that this we should receive the letter confirming stage 2 results. Everyday we are waiting for the mail to arrive only to be disappointed when the letter doesn't show up. I wish they could just send us an email like they did in Stage 1. :'(

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
sophieb said:
A CIC agent told my husband that this we should receive the letter confirming stage 2 results. Everyday we are waiting for the mail to arrive only to be disappointed when the letter doesn't show up. I wish they could just send us an email like they did in Stage 1. :'(
Are they mailing stage 2 results now rather than email? I am not aware of this?