Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
ACS said:
We all feel this pain for sure!!!
I was soooo over the moon with excitement to get my Sponsorship Approval on Nov.6th. I thought for sure by my son's bday and xmas my hubby would be working.
Now they still don't confirm that he has AIP, let alone OWP. :( Although I am still hung up on the fact that on eCAS his section, Stage 2, now shows In Process. I can't understand how that could possible NOT be AIP..... :mad: :mad:

Then again, think I would know by now that nothing at CIC needs to be logical or follow any common sense..... ??? ::) :mad:
Their system is primitive and the poor call center agents have no knowledge or common sense. It is impossible to get consistent answer from them.
Did you get any answer by faxing/emailing them directly? I guess not, eh?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
impatienthope said:
Once the sponsor is approved, the account is deleted on ecas. For one day I got to see sponsorship application noted as decision made.
Now my husband (sponsor) can no longer log in. To me, this is great news as one hurdle has been passed, no going back. YEAH!
I'm a 2014 January applicant, and just checked, eCAS isn't working for the sponsor, neither with the UCI, nor with the file number. A few weeks ago it was working, and there is no problem from the applicant's side.
So (what a surprise...) there is something wrong with the eCAS.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
So no AIP at all today? That's too bad

FTBG

Mar 8, 2014
Sorry guys for the dealy!! We got our AIP today..... We are Aug23/13 Applicants... Can you please update the spreadsheet. Thanks all for the support!

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
FTBG said:
Sorry guys for the dealy!! We got our AIP today..... We are Aug23/13 Applicants... Can you please update the spreadsheet. Thanks all for the support!
Congrats FTBG!!! Looks like CIC is doing something today. We just need Princess029 and filipina311 to get AIP's next :)

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Wow Congrats! I hope mine and Filipina is gonna be on Monday. Sigh

ATr

Oct 30, 2014
jmarie88 said:
Congrats FTBG!!! Looks like CIC is doing something today. We just need Princess029 and filipina311 to get AIP's next :)
Hey guys am also August 23 applicant. Plz include me in the spreadsheet.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Lisan said:
THANK YOU AchankengCrawford ;)!!!! You make my day yesterday when we went to the registry in the Scotia Place and my hubby got his AB health number. Some one finally understand the sponsor process and stop assuming the refugee process is the same as the spouse sponsorship. Other registries were asking for the First Positive Decision letter, a letter given to refugee claimants when they are accepted.

To all Inlanders: if some one in Edmonton ask for where to get the Alberta health care after they get his work permit, tell them to go to AARA in the main floor of the Scotia Place. Please let us save some frustration to others.

Once again THANK YOU AchankengCrawford :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
You're welcome! So glad we could help. Such a huge relief to get health care, isn't it?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cant believe it. This is the response from CIC to one of the members in Inland Facebook page :eek:

An official from our Ministry spoke to the Operations Manager at the CPCM (CIC) regarding the status of this application. CPCM has told us that there are many applications like this case where processing times for first stage approval (Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored) is taking longer than usual. CIC is aware of this and they are currently in discussions on how to handle the backlog of applications. Current wait time is between 6-8 months to receive stage 1 Approval in Principle. This means that the client in question would potentially receive approval around February 2015 given that they applied in July 2014.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Guys, my husband got this email TODAY (Saturday) at 3pm:

"UCI: xx
Application No.: xx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dearxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/04/03 on behalf of the following member(s):

xx

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca"

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I call bullshit on this!

If this was true, my AIP should've been on the way already -.-

civic said:
I cant believe it. This is the response from CIC to one of the members in Inland Facebook page :eek:

An official from our Ministry spoke to the Operations Manager at the CPCM (CIC) regarding the status of this application. CPCM has told us that there are many applications like this case where processing times for first stage approval (Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored) is taking longer than usual. CIC is aware of this and they are currently in discussions on how to handle the backlog of applications. Current wait time is between 6-8 months to receive stage 1 Approval in Principle. This means that the client in question would potentially receive approval around February 2015 given that they applied in July 2014.