Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
ottawahd said:
I am a Feb 2014 applicant and I just noticed that ecas with sponsor not working any more. The applicant still works.
It's weird ... Our still work for both sponsor & applicant

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
JohnnyP said:
We got the SA email and AIP email from the same officer. "Officer BS". When I first saw the initial, I thought they were joking with us.."BuxxShxx" :p :p :p
HAHAHAHA!!!! How appropriate!!! Cuz this process really has degenerated to TOTAL and COMPLETE BS! ::) :p

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Abyssin said:
It's weird ... Our still work for both sponsor & applicant
Mine too both sponsor and applicants still work.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi
I just check the ecas (sponsor) today and this what it show. yesterday cant even open it, What is this mean? thanks

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Applicant name Decision Made Application Received

We received your application to sponsor (ME) on August 21, 2013.

We started processing your application on September 11, 2013.

We sent you a letter on November 21, 2014 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi
I just check the ecas today and this what it show. What is this mean? thank s

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
Applicant name Decision Made Application Received

We received your application to sponsor (ME) on August 21, 2013.

We started processing your application on September 11, 2013.

We sent you a letter on November 21, 2014 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
That is more or less what mine shows. Meaning that you have Sponsorship Approval. You must have gotten your Sponsorship Approval on the 21st.

Although mine now shows IN PROCESS instead of APPLICATION RECEIVED on the 2nd half. Once they get the relationship proof they asked you for and assess it, you should get your AIP and when they begin processing the 2nd half your APPLICATION RECEIVED should switch to IN PROCESS.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
ACS said:
That is more or less what mine shows. Meaning that you have Sponsorship Approval. You must have gotten your Sponsorship Approval on the 21st.

Although mine now shows IN PROCESS instead of APPLICATION RECEIVED on the 2nd half. Once they get the relationship proof they asked you for and assess it, you should get your AIP and when they begin processing the 2nd half your APPLICATION RECEIVED should switch to IN PROCESS.

Hi ACS,

Thank you, i send already the following document thru expresspost. Cant wait for OWP

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
hi there, it is friday and for me a very black friday :mad:

I just called CIC to ask what is happening for my OWP and they said that it is unexplainable, normally when they send the AIP letter shortly after you get the OWP. in my case they don't know why, but the OWP is not yet processed. they kindly asked me to wait 2 OR 3 WEEKS!!!!!!
I was happy to get AIP, but now I am again soooo disappointed because of this new extra delay and not knowing when I will be through with this whole stressfull process. What a waiste of time!!! And not being able to work kills me, because I see my husband struggle to make both ends meet and I cannot help. this process is so unfair.

wish you all a happy weekend nevertheless and congrats to those with good news

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
frenchwapiti said:
hi there, it is friday and for me a very black friday :mad:

I just called CIC to ask what is happening for my OWP and they said that it is unexplainable, normally when they send the AIP letter shortly after you get the OWP. in my case they don't know why, but the OWP is not yet processed. they kindly asked me to wait 2 OR 3 WEEKS!!!!!!
I was happy to get AIP, but now I am again soooo disappointed because of this new extra delay and not knowing when I will be through with this whole stressfull process. What a waiste of time!!! And not being able to work kills me, because I see my husband struggle to make both ends meet and I cannot help. this process is so unfair.

wish you all a happy weekend nevertheless and congrats to those with good news
I feel your pain, Frenchy.
For us, it's been a little more than a week since we sent the marriage certificate by xpresspost and we still haven't heard back about my wife's AIP. We made some plans for the Christmas holidays, but I think it will be ruined if we don't get the OWP within few weeks...
Trying to stay cool and positive, but CIC is really a pain in the axxx.
It's still November and are they already in Christmas mood??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
screech339 said:
I don't know where you are getting this "annual quota" for inland spouse. Could you please provide links, or evidence of this?

There are caps like the parent PR sponsorship at 5000 and caps for IEC and working holidays. But never heard of any caps or quotas for spousal PR inland or outland.

Otherwise please stop posting stuff that isn't there or true.

Screech339
This is not CIC website but I found this:

http://www.immigration.ca/en/2013/86-canada-immigration-news-articles/2013/december/627-cic-announces-2014-targets-for-spousal-sponsorships.html

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
JohnnyP said:
I feel your pain, Frenchy.
For us, it's been a little more than a week since we sent the marriage certificate by xpresspost and we still haven't heard back about my wife's AIP. We made some plans for the Christmas holidays, but I think it will be ruined if we don't get the OWP within few weeks...
Trying to stay cool and positive, but CIC is really a pain in the axxx.
It's still November and are they already in Christmas mood??? :mad: :mad: :mad:
We all feel this pain for sure!!!
I was soooo over the moon with excitement to get my Sponsorship Approval on Nov.6th. I thought for sure by my son's bday and xmas my hubby would be working.
Now they still don't confirm that he has AIP, let alone OWP. :( Although I am still hung up on the fact that on eCAS his section, Stage 2, now shows In Process. I can't understand how that could possible NOT be AIP..... :mad: :mad:

Then again, think I would know by now that nothing at CIC needs to be logical or follow any common sense..... ??? ::) :mad:

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Princess029 said:
Mine too both sponsor and applicants still work.
Once the sponsor is approved, the account is deleted on ecas. For one day I got to see sponsorship application noted as decision made.
Now my husband (sponsor) can no longer log in. To me, this is great news as one hurdle has been passed, no going back. YEAH!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
impatienthope said:
Once the sponsor is approved, the account is deleted on ecas. For one day I got to see sponsorship application noted as decision made.
Now my husband (sponsor) can no longer log in. To me, this is great news as one hurdle has been passed, no going back. YEAH!
I am the Sponsor and have had Decision Made showing since Nov.6th when I got Sponsorship Approval. It is still showing, and I can still log in to both mine and his.

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
AchankengCrawford said:
He went by himself with his letter. (He had mine too, but they did not ask to see it.) He applied himself (not on my plan). Before AIP (and still now, I suppose) he is on implied status. He entered as a tourist in June 2013 and we applied of PR and OWP in Aug 2013. His tourist visa expired in Dec 2013 and since then he has been on implied status. We did not extend his visa. That being said, they the person at the registry only photocopied the identity page of his passport (not the visa) and his AIP letter and looked at the lease.

He went to the registry in Scotia Place in Edmonton (downtown). He didn't have any problems although the registry agent did call someone to to confirm that the AIP letter was first stage approval.

I'm sure you've seen this, but maybe print off the bottom section of the page that specifically talks about "positive first decision": http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html
THANK YOU AchankengCrawford ;)!!!! You make my day yesterday when we went to the registry in the Scotia Place and my hubby got his AB health number. Some one finally understand the sponsor process and stop assuming the refugee process is the same as the spouse sponsorship. Other registries were asking for the First Positive Decision letter, a letter given to refugee claimants when they are accepted.

To all Inlanders: if some one in Edmonton ask for where to get the Alberta health care after they get his work permit, tell them to go to AARA in the main floor of the Scotia Place. Please let us save some frustration to others.

Once again THANK YOU AchankengCrawford :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
In addition, my application in process starting date changed from September 12, 2013 to Nov. 21, 2014.

Today I went to exchange my US driver's license to Ontario. They did not even need proof of address, just my old license, an id (my passport) and my driving record.

My local Service Ontario could not process my Ontario Health plan application, but they directed me to the
larger public office which I will try next week.

I am finally beginning to feel like we can settle in and I can feel more officially here.
Wishing all a thankful and wonderful weekend. Maybe a few AIPs or DMs today??