Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Spuh_dyna said:
Going through the same stuff. CIC agents don't even want to look at your file anymore. They just give generic responses without taking your client ID. Has anyone in a similar case ever contacted their Immigration Officer directly (if you have the contact number), when DM at second stage is delayed? Is it a good idea to do so?
------------
In mid-June it will be 8 months since receiving AIP in Oct 2013 (appl filed Nov 2012). If no DM by 8 month anniversary, we will be engaging our MP. Process has been very frustrating (nearly 17 months and counting).

I wonder, with the proposed Bill C-24 before Parliament and its proposed changes that will affect immigration (e.g. time prior to PR not counting towards citizenship for some applicants; increasing time required before applying for citizenship), if the government has instructed CIC to slow down on issuing PRs.

Just a thought.

Len27

May 8, 2011
Yahoooooo, finally application completed!!! just waiting for Calgary office for my landing date.
So happy almost at the end :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Len27 said:
Yahoooooo, finally application completed!!! just waiting for Calgary office for my landing date.
So happy almost at the end :D
Congrats Len27 on getting DM. I have updated your status.

Screech339

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Thanks Yata and Policap

That letter format is really good. I will engage the MP here and hopefully find more information. Its worth a try.

This June 6 it will be two years since I sent my application to Vegreville AB. !

After first stage approval ( AIP ) second stage is for background check, police clearance, etc as far as I know. How can this take 18-24 months ? unless they have tens of thousands of applications in the same category pending.

And how can one woman/man hold so much power? It should have been a board or panel that decides.

Anyways you guys have been helpful as always ! thanks :) i hope everyone in the same boat gets their DM asap.

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
I am in the same boat in may 1st was 2 years that I have send in my application. They waited on security checks until now. I was contacted a couple days ago for a medical since my last one expired. I am hoping that since I am mailing that to them on tuesday it won't take much longer. How long does it takes for them to process medicals?

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Hi guys, I am in the same boat with Etobicoke office:( Almost 26 months that I have send my application in Vigreville. I`ve got DM October 2, 2013. Since than I`m waiting my landing date/more 8 months/. February CIC sent me letter that my medicals were expired/my son`s too...he is back home... 20 years old/. The medicals were ok when I`ve got my DM but Etobicoke office late. We redid and send everything in March 5, 2014 and continue waiting. I called CIC in April and they said that they received my medicals and collagen in 2 months. Two days ago I called again and they said that they need another 3 months to review the results and call them again in 3 months. My husband went 2 times to our MP and he said that if my doc are in Etobicoke...he can`t help :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Di_vas said:
Hi guys, I am in the same boat with Etobicoke office:( Almost 26 months that I have send my application in Vigreville. I`ve got DM October 2, 2013. Since than I`m waiting my landing date/more 8 months/. February CIC sent me letter that my medicals were expired/my son`s too...he is back home... 20 years old/. The medicals were ok when I`ve got my DM but Etobicoke office late. We redid and send everything in March 5, 2014 and continue waiting. I called CIC in April and they said that they received my medicals and collagen in 2 months. Two days ago I called again and they said that they need another 3 months to review the results and call them again in 3 months. My husband went 2 times to our MP and he said that if my doc are in Etobicoke...he can`t help :(
Have you contacted the CIC office directly? Going through the call centre is not terribly effective although it's much easier (since you can CALL them). The CIC office can only be contacted in writing (mail or fax) but in the past people who have contacted their local office in this fashion seem to have had better luck/success moving.

Otherwise, you always have the option of going to Federal Court and asking for Mandamus (basically a court order to CIC saying "get off your ass and hurry it up".) Usually the filing of a Mandamus action makes the problem go away because CIC doesn't like explaining to the judge why they aren't doing their job in a timely fashion. This is an expensive option, though, since it really is best done with an attorney.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys, Happy new month.... My husband and I are feeling hopeful, we received this email today.

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents. "

Is this DM?!?!!? When they say present original identification documents are they referring to a passport? How long do you think we will have wait to hear from Etiobcoke?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Yes, congrats, you just got DM!!! It's almost over! I don't know anything about Etobicoke. And yes, your passport is your identification document.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
mimi263 said:
Hey guys, Happy new month.... My husband and I are feeling hopeful, we received this email today.

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the

Is this DM?!?!!? When they say present original identification documents are they referring to a passport? How long do you think we will have wait to hear from Etiobcoke?
Wow Mimi am so happy for u and Urs! Congrats ! I use urs as point of prayers for mine too!

qqqqq

Mar 24, 2014
Hi guys,

Do we have to inform CIC about speeding,parking tickets ( from New Zealand) and what if we have some due parking fines with ministry of justice ??

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
qqqqq said:
Hi guys,

Do we have to inform CIC about speeding,parking tickets ( from New Zealand) and what if we have some due parking fines with ministry of justice ??
No, speeding / parking ticket don't fall under federal criminal code so they do not apply and thus don't need to report to CIC. Usually it involved cases with DUI, then that would fall under Canada Federal Criminal Code.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mimi263 said:

partner in Canada class.

status.

Congrats on getting your DM. I have updated your status on timesheet.

Screech339

rachel85704

Jan 7, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
I can't believe that people are still waiting after 2 years. It's beyond ridiculous that people that applied several months or even a year after 2012 applicants are getting their DMs while so many are still waiting. I just don't understand why so many applications that are pretty straightforward are taking so long to process...

Luckily, I didn't have to wait for 2 years but I did have to wait 1 year and 9 months due to mistakes made by CIC (which were completely avoidable mistakes that shouldn't have happened) and a lack of accountability on their part. My MP, though, was very adamant about helping me and put a lot of pressure on CIC on my behalf, which I am very thankful for... But as my MP said, mistakes like the ones made on my application are not uncommon and I was one of the lucky ones, meaning that I didn't have to reapply and go through the entire process all over again, including repaying fees (which they tried to force me to do for over a month before finally admitting their mistakes and reopening my case).

I didn't even receive my work permit until 7 and a half months after the first stage of our application was complete! Meaning, of course, that I couldn't work or do anything productive to contribute to my family.. So we had to struggle to get by on a single income while waiting for CIC to get their (excuse my language) shit together and that, of course, I was a "burden" on Canada the entire time.... Which is something that they claim is their goal to avoid/prevent and yet situations like this are so common!

Is there not something, anything, that we can do? Can we not file complaints en masse so that at the very least our complaints, our concerns, are heard/read and, possibly, taken into consideration? Something obviously needs to be done..... I know that we all just want this to be over with, for our applications to finally be finished processing so that we can get on with our lives, but I also don't want other people to have to go through all of this... The endless waiting, the mistakes, the expired medicals/background checks etc. because they've taken far longer to process our applications than they ever should have, the lack of answers and accountability on the part of CIC and so on.