+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Feb 24, 2014
MaxLet said:
Hi! so, in my experience, i got dm on feb 28th and my landing letter is dated april 28th.. so exactly two months after..
around my 7 week of waiting i was so stressed that i call cic and asked why didnt i got contact for landing... an agent was kind of rude and told me to wait a week more or call back. I wasnt satisfied with the answe so the same day hours later, i called cic agent, this time, a really nice and patient agent told me that she will check on my file, then came back and told me it appeared "landing letter sent".. few days after i got my landing letter...

i will say that they can tell if your office has contacted you or not... they just dont wanna do it and give you standard answers...
maybe try calling again? theres also a possibility that some offices update info and cic agents are able to see it and others just dont...
my office was montreal...

good luck and god bless
Thanks Maxlet. But they have sent me an email on the next day, early morning AND a mail were sent 2 days later to inform me about my landing date. So I guess that agent did put a note for me. Whoever that is, and reading this, thank you!

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Victorswife said:
CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!!!!

It's been 79 days (March 4) since our Landing appointment in Vancouver.. still waiting for PR card to arrive. A little more patience required!
Thank you Victorswife!

They told me that they will send a PR card to me approx 2 months. Hopefully you'll get it soon.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Deedeedar said:
Thank you Victorswife!

They told me that they will send a PR card to me approx 2 months. Hopefully you'll get it soon.
Its' taking 3 months to receive the card atm.

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
guri3577 said:
Its' taking 3 months to receive the card atm.
Oh really?

Thanks for your info guri3577.

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
Hi guys,

need some advice.. i started my husband application he works in kuwait long time ago is it true that CIC where asking police clearance for any country that you have lived for six since you were 18 yrs old.
Hope seniors will help me put inputs on this....Thank you

Angel :)

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Deedeedar said:
Oh really?

Thanks for your info guri3577.
Yes unfortunately, we keep getting caught in the backlog at each stage. They told us 6-8 weeks at our Landing appointment. That got old a few weeks ago. ****Hopefully this week... haha... that saying is almost as common as... "Hello, can you hear me?, how about now?? on skype for all of us in a LDR!!!!!!!

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Hi guys! I was just contacted by CIC for new medical report. My question I had a medical done in January for my work visa so will they except that? And how long does it take for them to process the medicals?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hinata-223 said:
Hi guys! I was just contacted by CIC for new medical report. My question I had a medical done in January for my work visa so will they except that? And how long does it take for them to process the medicals?
Not sure why CIC would request a new medical report since you had one done Jan 2014. Medical results are good for 1 year. However if your medical was done in Jan 2013, then it is out of date and you need a new medical done. If medical was done Jan 2014, then I would suggest you call CIC and explain to them that you had your medical done in Jan. Give them specific information such as date of exam, doctor name and location. CIC should be able to locate your medical file with info provided.

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
screech339 said:
Not sure why CIC would request a new medical report since you had one done Jan 2014. Medical results are good for 1 year. However if your medical was done in Jan 2013, then it is out of date and you need a new medical done. If medical was done Jan 2014, then I would suggest you call CIC and explain to them that you had your medical done in Jan. Give them specific information such as date of exam, doctor name and location. CIC should be able to locate your medical file with info provided.
. I had it done for my work visa they may not know about that but I will call them and ask about it thanks a lot

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
hinata-223 said:
. I had it done for my work visa they may not know about that but I will call them and ask about it thanks a lot
In my experience... we were requested to redo medicals when his OWP was issued Sept 20th. We then got a letter in December that was dated Sept 20th that we needed to do them. This was a mistake on their end. so maybe check that your current medicals are in the system. Good luck!

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
... oh good they updated the timeline to 85 days now to receive the PR card.....................................

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Hello everyone !

Its great to see so many people being granted Decisions !

My application is collecting dust at the Etobicoke office. I want to know based on statistics, applications that were sent to local office etobicoke by Vegriville for further assesment; how much time it takes for a DM after the AIP ??

I sent my application to AB, Vegreville on June 6th 2012.
I got my AIP after the interview at Etobicoke -- 1st October 2013

I called CIC in February and the rep told me that app processing time is 8 months and to call back at the end of May , if i dont hear anything.
So I called yesterday and now another rep told me it could take 18-24 months after AIP !? :eek: That is ridiculously long.

Any feedback from other applicants whose application was sent to Etobicoke and has been completed or in process or anyone who has any idea based on stats on how long it takes will be helpful. :)

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
mahnova said:
Hello everyone !

My application is collecting dust at the Etobicoke office. I want to know based on statistics, applications that were sent to local office etobicoke by Vegriville for further assesment; how much time it takes for a DM after the AIP ??

I called CIC in February and the rep told me that app processing time is 8 months and to call back at the end of May , if i dont hear anything.
So I called yesterday and now another rep told me it could take 18-24 months after AIP !? :eek: That is ridiculously long.

Any feedback from other applicants whose application was sent to Etobicoke and has been completed or in process or anyone who has any idea based on stats on how long it takes will be helpful. :)
1.ask your MP it may help to understand what's going on your file . tell your MP what happen to your case They can inquire about your file, probably access to more information than you..maybe... anyways is free.

from GatorSPO Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013
« Reply #11272 on: May 21, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

Enter your postal code under "Find a Member of Parliament" and away you go.

I identified myself as a concerned voter and citizen, referenced the recent CBC story, and simply said as someone with a personal stake in this by sponsoring my spouse the lack of clear timelines or information is troubling. From there the MP's staff offered to contact CIC on our behalf.
and here is example from AchankengCrawford how he wrote:
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
I was in the same boat. I got first stage in Sept., 2012. There is a new woman in Etobicoke called Wendy, she was moved from Mississauga. CIC Mississauga always has this kind of unnecessary delays while she was there. CIC Etobicoke was very fast in dealings with transferred applications before she got to Etobicoke.

As soon as this woman got there, she gave priority to other applications other than Spousal PR. My MP has done everything within his power to correct this but she was just stiff necked. There was a Counsel raised from Ottawa( Ministers Offrice) to deal with this kind of situation but she is always gives unnecessary excuses to delay applications. But she forgot that she has limited time to be in position.

yata520 said:
1.ask your MP it may help to understand what's going on your file . tell your MP what happen to your case They can inquire about your file, probably access to more information than you..maybe... anyways is free.

from GatorSPO Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013
« Reply #11272 on: May 21, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

Enter your postal code under "Find a Member of Parliament" and away you go.

I identified myself as a concerned voter and citizen, referenced the recent CBC story, and simply said as someone with a personal stake in this by sponsoring my spouse the lack of clear timelines or information is troubling. From there the MP's staff offered to contact CIC on our behalf.
and here is example from AchankengCrawford how he wrote:
This is the email I just sent to my MP. I could have written so much more, but I want him to actually read it (or someone in his office at least.)

"I am writing you today as a citizen of Canada and a resident of downtown Edmonton who is sponsoring my husband for Canadian Immigration under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship program.

When we committed to applying for residency for my husband, the wait time for first stage approval (and the following work permit that is granted as well as access to Alberta Health Care - most external insurance agencies will not cover someone who has been outside of their country for a year) was 6 months (with an additional 8 month wait for residency to be granted). By the time we had applied, the wait period was listed as 8 months. Unfortunately, as the CIC workers began their strike around this time last year, wait times increased to 11 months as our application sat in waiting. In January of this year (after another delay in processing applications due to prioritization of applicants affected by the typhoons in the Philippines), things started looking up and the immigration office in Vegreville started powering through applications, granting work permits to spouses of Canadians and Permanent Residents to three months worth of applicants in one month. The processing time went back down to 8 months. It has been 9 months to the day since we submitted our application.

Unfortunately, in February all applications came to a grinding halt as CIC made the decision, amidst promises that this would decrease wait times, to transfer our files and all unstarted inland sponsorship applications to Mississauga. Since this move, there has been little to no movement with applications. Processing times have increased to 10 months.

I am grateful that my husband can legally stay here with me in Canada whilst his application is being processed. That being said, spouses of temporary foreign workers, students, skilled workers, and other classes of immigrants are granted work permits with processing times as short as a few months. Why is it that this same courtesy is not granted to citizens? Our spouses should be granted work permits when CIC receives our completed application; not when our stage 1 is processed. If residency is not granted or if a relationship is deemed to be fraudulent, simply revoke the work permit. With a work permit, my husband could be a productive member of the community in Canada. He could be contributing to the economy and to growth in Canada. As it stands right now, he is a burden to the taxpayers - as a single income household with myself as the breadwinner, and my husband dependant on me our tax filings reflected this. As a degree holder, working in a well paid job in my field, I should be contributing to the tax pool; however, with the struggles of supporting our household on one income and filing joint taxes (as my husband is considered a resident for tax purposes), I am not doing my share as a Canadian and my husband is not doing his share as someone who lives in our country. This is not because we do not want to, but rather because we are not allowed to due to an unjust immigration process.

I am not asking for special treatment. I hope that whoever processes our application looks into it with rigour and in 100% confident that we are in a genuine relationship and that my husband will be a credit to the Canadian culture. I am simply requesting that spouses of Citizens and PRs be afforded the same opportunities as spouses of people applying for immigration and under other immigration classes. The move to Mississauga has slowed the process down and left many families in limbo, unable to travel (to see my sick father-in-law, in our case), unable to contribute to the economy and work, and unable to contribute to their families. Having the posted processing time continue to increase is heartbreaking, when we have been waiting for this since August 2013.

I hope you can represent myself as your constituent and the hundreds of other Canadians and their families affected by these unexpected and unwarranted delays.

Thank you."

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
mahnova said:
Hello everyone !

Going through the same stuff. CIC agents don't even want to look at your file anymore. They just give generic responses without taking your client ID. Has anyone in a similar case ever contacted their Immigration Officer directly (if you have the contact number), when DM at second stage is delayed? Is it a good idea to do so?