10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Tenn2NS said:
Is this the average time for all those who have landed, even those who don't have an interview? I guess I should also ask, is everyone required to have an interview after DM and before landing?

I ask because I am trying to figure out how much longer I need to wait. I am now at month 19 since we applied and 13 since we got AIP. I sent the last document they asked for (the FBI letter), which they received last Monday the 14th of April. I know because I requested a signature. They lost the first FBI letter so I wasn't going to let that happen again. Anyway, I should get a DM any day now and want to give myself a realistic timeline because after 19 months I've become too impatient to think about this rationally.
Yes, all inland applicants have a landing interview at their local CIC office. After you get DM, you will get a letter with the date and time of your landing interview. You go to the appointment with all of your paperwork, your passport, and your sponsor (who must have a photo ID, as well), you answer 3 or 4 simple questions, and then they issue you a COPR (certificate of permanent residency). Then boom, you're a PR! (The landing interview was actually very anticlimactic for me...all the long months of waiting and uncertainty, and then just a quick interview and it's all over.)

Tenn2NS said:
One last question. I assume I get a letter confirming approval from CIC before the PR card arrives? Is that correct? If so, is that letter sufficient to prove I am now a PR or do I have to wait for the card?

Thanks,

Tenn2NS
Yes, at your landing interview, you get the COPR. It does confirm you are a PR. However, it is not recommended that you travel commercially until you receive your PR card. If you travel, for instance, by commercial air, the airline can refuse to let you board a return flight to Canada. Not sure how often this happens. I'm a US citizen, and I traveled by air to the US to visit family before I had my PR card. I had no trouble at all. When reentering Canada, I went through the "visitor" line in Customs, because I didn't have a PR card. I had a copy of my COPR. The agent sent me to Immigration to confirm my status, which took perhaps 5 minutes and I was on my way.

COPR is sufficient to reenter Canada by personal vehicle at a US border crossing, however.

The PR card takes about 2-3 months to arrive.

rachel85704

Jan 7, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
Does anyone else have experience with receiving refunds from CIC? I won't get into all of the details but CIC owes me $490.00 for basically taking double payment from me, which was requested by the person from the CIC office at my landing interview and I was assured that I would receive it within a few days but it has been over a week now and nothing. Whether or not they owe me the money shouldn't be an issue but my card issuer says that they have yet to even initiate a refund.

Tenn2NS

May 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2012
Doc's Request.
08-03-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
Med's Request
05-05-2014 (first one expired)
Thanks for the info QuebecOkie, much appreciated. :)

I was able to get CIC to confirm receipt of the final document they were waiting for. Relieved to hear that, however I still don't have a decision and my medical is set to expire today. I was told by my MP office that CIC would likely grant an extension since they have everything they need to make a decision. No confirmation on that so I am stuck waiting until I either get a DM or a letter requiring another medical. And so it continues......

QuebecOkie said:
Yes, all inland applicants have a landing interview at their local CIC office. After you get DM, you will get a letter with the date and time of your landing interview. You go to the appointment with all of your paperwork, your passport, and your sponsor (who must have a photo ID, as well), you answer 3 or 4 simple questions, and then they issue you a COPR (certificate of permanent residency). Then boom, you're a PR! (The landing interview was actually very anticlimactic for me...all the long months of waiting and uncertainty, and then just a quick interview and it's all over.)

Yes, at your landing interview, you get the COPR. It does confirm you are a PR. However, it is not recommended that you travel commercially until you receive your PR card. If you travel, for instance, by commercial air, the airline can refuse to let you board a return flight to Canada. Not sure how often this happens. I'm a US citizen, and I traveled by air to the US to visit family before I had my PR card. I had no trouble at all. When reentering Canada, I went through the "visitor" line in Customs, because I didn't have a PR card. I had a copy of my COPR. The agent sent me to Immigration to confirm my status, which took perhaps 5 minutes and I was on my way.

COPR is sufficient to reenter Canada by personal vehicle at a US border crossing, however.

The PR card takes about 2-3 months to arrive.

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
rachel85704 said:
Does anyone else have experience with receiving refunds from CIC? I won't get into all of the details but CIC owes me $490.00 for basically taking double payment from me, which was requested by the person from the CIC office at my landing interview and I was assured that I would receive it within a few days but it has been over a week now and nothing. Whether or not they owe me the money shouldn't be an issue but my card issuer says that they have yet to even initiate a refund.
I paid for my work permit twice and receive a refund within 2 weeks call them and let them know they will further nstruct u

tyhcyq

Jul 14, 2013
Hi guys,

Just got DM today, here is my timeline, hope this would help to relief some frustration and hope everyone's DM will be coming soon!!

Application Submitted: Dec 5, 2012
AOR Jan 20, 2013
AIP Oct 31, 2013 (request to redo Meds and send finger prints)
DM April 22, 2014

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
tyhcyq said:
Hi guys,

Just got DM today, here is my timeline, hope this would help to relief some frustration and hope everyone's DM will be coming soon!!

Application Submitted: Dec 5, 2012
AOR Jan 20, 2013
AIP Oct 31, 2013 (request to redo Meds and send finger prints)
DM April 22, 2014
Did you receive by mail?
CIC sends landing interview separately, right?
I got DM on March 28th.
But the mail has been missing..

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
Is there anyone here that applied in 2012 may and is still waiting....? like what the heck! I am very happy for everyone that has received there papers but what about mine? Like did they loose it for 6 months or something? I can't believe this! I am meeting people here that applied a year after and already has a DM! Where is mine? I missed my cousins wedding because they told me I shouldn't leave Canada! It was about the same time they requested for the criminal check and it was in January! Like enough is enough! I am happy for everyone! But now I am jealous and loosing patient at the same time....

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
hinata-223 said:
Is there anyone here that applied in 2012 may and is still waiting....? like what the heck! I am very happy for everyone that has received there papers but what about mine? Like did they loose it for 6 months or something? I can't believe this! I am meeting people here that applied a year after and already has a DM! Where is mine? I missed my cousins wedding because they told me I shouldn't leave Canada! It was about the same time they requested for the criminal check and it was in January! Like enough is enough! I am happy for everyone! But now I am jealous and loosing patient at the same time....

We've been waiting for 17 months from date application filed (Nov. 2012) but not as long as you (AIP Oct 2013).

Have you contacted your MP?

Tokyo

Oct 23, 2012
hinata-223 said:
Hi Hinata,
I am in the same boat as you. Our application was filed in June 2012, meds were sent with application. Our case is a very straight forward case but for some reason we have still not received DM. I contacted my MP a couple of months ago. She got an update for us, basically telling us we had another 1.5 months left to wait (that was 2 months ago and still nothing). They said they have all the necessary paperwork and there is nothing to do on our end. I have no idea why it is taking so long. It is extremely frustrating! I'm hoping we are next Hinata!

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
My lawyer is suppose to take care of everything I have been calling her and pushing her to contact CIC since I don't wanna call them every week and waste my time on hold and I payed her very well to do that for me... I just don't understand why does it takes so long.... and not too sure what my lawyer is doing about the whole thing either...

hinata-223

Apr 1, 2014
The last I've heard from CIC was in January 26 2014 they requested an update for my new passport because the old one expired on the 30th of that month. I send a copy to them which they received and they never asked me to do anything else last time I called them was middle of February and they said that they have requested a security check on the same day when I was contacted and ever since then I have no news or anything... my application was received on may 1st 2012 my spouse was eligible to sponsor me in October 16 2012 and that's all I know...

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
hinata-223 said:
We applied in March 2012 and still waiting on DM. It's been 25 months till date.... and still waiting. So hang in there sweety it'll end soon

God bless.

Canuck*soon

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
PCC submitted March 11, 2014
AOR Received.
April 15, 2013
Med's Request
January 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March 4, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Hello

Trying to stay busy...lol. Any news for anyone today? Hoping we are all blessed with good news soon!

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
Finally got decision made, but it seems unclear.

"A decision has been made on XX's application. The office will contact XX concerning this decision"

Which office? Local CIC office?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
esthersun said:
Finally got decision made, but it seems unclear.

"A decision has been made on XX's application. The office will contact XX concerning this decision"

Which office? Local CIC office?
Sounds like you got DM on your ecas online. You wuill get an email with more details including where you will be landing.

Screech339