+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
Is it just me, or does it seem like CIC hasn't processed any files since beginning of January. I just find it very unfair that they are down to 8-9 months on current applicants, working on almost June 2013, while there are applicants that have applied much earlier, like 2011 and 2012, which are still waiting for DM. Not that I have anything against them speeding up, and I am very happy for everyone that receives AIP/DM/interview but not only that people like me waited for 11 months for AIP and now keeping on waiting for DM and interview and whatever. Why....are we put back in the cue, when the files could be opened on a more regular basis and closed sooner, so they can concentrate on the rest of the applicants much sooner. Excuse me all if I sound insensitive, ???, I just feel very discouraged and very disappointed. I thought I applied pretty late, and of course, the strike caught up to me as well, but now it makes me think that if I waited out more, I could have been done by now...it just doesn't make sense to me. Anybody else has a thought on this? Sorry for venting :-[

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Mimence777 said:
Is it just me, or does it seem like CIC hasn't processed any files since beginning of January. I just find it very unfair that they are down to 8-9 months on current applicants, working on almost June 2013, while there are applicants that have applied much earlier, like 2011 and 2012, which are still waiting for DM. Not that I have anything against them speeding up, and I am very happy for everyone that receives AIP/DM/interview but not only that people like me waited for 11 months for AIP and now keeping on waiting for DM and interview and whatever. Why....are we put back in the cue, when the files could be opened on a more regular basis and closed sooner, so they can concentrate on the rest of the applicants much sooner. Excuse me all if I sound insensitive, ???, I just feel very discouraged and very disappointed. I thought I applied pretty late, and of course, the strike caught up to me as well, but now it makes me think that if I waited out more, I could have been done by now...it just doesn't make sense to me. Anybody else has a thought on this? Sorry for venting :-[
Hi Mimence,

I've been wondering the same thing. We received AIP in Oct and file was complete and no additional info was requested. Was thinking of requesting the GCMS notes. Have you tried this approach? Has anyone else who has been waiting for DM and was the info helpful?

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Migrain said:
Hi Mimence,

I've been wondering the same thing. We received AIP in Oct and file was complete and no additional info was requested. Was thinking of requesting the GCMS notes. Have you tried this approach? Has anyone else who has been waiting for DM and was the info helpful?
Hello! I have been approved in October of last year too...I'm done with my medical exams in October and was received by cic Oct. 31, 2013.My background checks were also done last January 16. The hold up is that I have a dependent in my home country... and my son needs to have a medical examination there. The problem is that, the embassy in my home country is so slow and they haven't sent a medical request yet to my son... Like seriously??? how hard is it to send am email and request for the medical exam? geeezzzzzzzz :(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
charmainefrances said:
Hello! I have been approved in October of last year too...I'm done with my medical exams in October and was received by cic Oct. 31, 2013.My background checks were also done last January 16. The hold up is that I have a dependent in my home country... and my son needs to have a medical examination there. The problem is that, the embassy in my home country is so slow and they haven't sent a medical request yet to my son... Like seriously??? how hard is it to send am email and request for the medical exam? geeezzzzzzzz :(
Is it possible for you to call your son and have him make appointment to get his medical test done without embassy's notice. Remember medicals are now done via emedical nowadays. Wouldn't the medical result bypass the embassy and go to the appropriate authorities that deals with medical results and get forwarded to CIC?

Screech339

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
screech339 said:
Is it possible for you to call your son and have him make appointment to get his medical test done without embassy's notice. Remember medicals are now done via emedical nowadays. Wouldn't the medical result bypass the embassy and go to the appropriate authorities that deals with medical results and get forwarded to CIC?

Screech339
Hello screech! :) I actually asked my aunt to accompany my son to have his medical yesterday (Philippine time), but the staff of the medical facility said that they need a copy of the request from the embassy...geeeez!!! I even phoned their call center there and explained everything... But the lady told me to wait for the request and that's their protocol... I will try to call other Panel physician's office and see if they will allow my son to have his medical...

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Tell me more about outside processing office. The worst embassy and the longest delay is Accra Ghana . This month will be 1 year for me since I got my AIP . My son did his medicals around August. They did not send me medical instruction or anything. Someone took my son and did upfront medicals which cic has confirmed already that they received it . I ordered gcm note sometime last month and there is a note on file from Accra office saying the relationship has not been verified despite the fact that I sent in birth certificate and everything . Officers in Accra are all bunch of craps lazy ass all they do is delay application forever . So my guess is probably they will ask for DNA test because that what Accra office is known mostly for DNA and interview . I know of someone who waited for two years before they sent him DNA request . Like for real this is so crazy . I wish I could do DNA upfront would do it so I can shut them up for once. Vegreville is done with my file they are just waiting for Accra to complete my son file before they can make a decision . Even though he is non accompanying . The minister has to do something about Accra office. It's so frustrating . Does anyone know if I can do DNA upfront? Because from the notes I see that's what Accra is trying to request. But only God knows when they are going to send me a letter for that . Till today they never sent me medical form for my dependent medical , if I didn't do it upfront I guess by now vegreville would have stopped processing my file . Remember when vegreville sends you a letter they give u a dead line . I would suggest u so your son medical upfront . Now that it is e-medicals once it's done it will be on the file and vegreville can see it . Though the embassy in your country still needs to give vegreville OKAY to finalize your file . Funny thing Accra office doesn't have a phone number to contact them you can only email them and they respond to you in 45 days time that's if you lucky or you never hear from them . I sent them email November and they never responded till today. Sigh .

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Hiya,

Any updates on the Vancouver office landing timeline?

We received DM at the beginning of January.... Can't wait to travel!!!
~a.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Victorswife said:
Hiya,

~a.
Couple of people from Inland 2013 got landing letters today with landing date of February 26. I am also waiting for mine. Good luck!!

qosmio

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville__Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
AIP__26 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Victorswife said:
Hiya,

~a.
Hello Victorswife, tomorrow will be the end of the 5th month of waiting for the landing interview in my case at Vancouver office. I don't know what I could do to make the progress faster but hoping and wishing. I don't know others' cases but it's too long for me..... I wish you luck :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You folks that are waiting for such a long time for your landing interview letters NEED NEED NEED to get on those phones to CIC and INSIST that they see what the hold up it. For most when they start passing months while they wait when they do finally call, they are called in to land very very quickly because usually they were accidentally shuffled to the bottom and forgotten.

munah

Feb 24, 2013
I had my landing interview yesterday, the whole process lasted about 10 munites it was very pleasant and quick. I am so happy that everything worked out and now I am a permanent resident of canada. Thanks everyone for your help and support and i hope the ones who are still waiting hear good news soon

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
munah said:
I had my landing interview yesterday, the whole process lasted about 10 munites it was very pleasant and quick. I am so happy that everything worked out and now I am a permanent resident of canada. Thanks everyone for your help and support and i hope the ones who are still waiting hear good news soon
Congrats. Where did you land?

Screech339

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Just had my landing interview in Calgary. I was so nervous but everything went smoothly. We were just asked a couple questions about whether we had criminal convictions and/or dependents. So now I am officially a Permanent Resident of Canada!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
canadianthrower said:
Just had my landing interview in Calgary. I was so nervous but everything went smoothly. We were just asked a couple questions about whether we had criminal convictions and/or dependents. So now I am officially a Permanent Resident of Canada!
&

munah said:
Congratulations to both of you!! I can't wait to get mine! ;D