20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kanadskazena said:
Conclusion: all spouses should allow their spouses to be their representatives and addresses should be changed through the call centre! And hopefully my husband's landing date hasn't been pushed to mid-2015!

kanadskazena
Not only should the spouses/common-law be allowed to be representatives, they should be representatives by default. Shouldn't have to fill out that application in the first place. If CIC want the sponsor to be financially responsible for 3 years, the sponsor should have same rights as the applicant's right to info regarding sponsorship. Without the sponsor, there would no sponsorship process. CIC should make a note in the guildeline that sponsors will not have representative rights until they complete the forms.

What if there was a case of the applicant inability to speak a word of English or French? What then? How would the applicant speak to the call centre?

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
So I see am about the only one on the 2012 list without AIP yet, wow lucky me I guess! Anyways I see on my ecas that my medical as been updated don't know if I should be happy about that or not but I am keeping hope alive that soon I should get a reply soon. Tried calling today but was told I should send the marriage cert which I have and has been received few days ago but no update yet. I am praying they don't loose it again! Congrats to everybody with good news! Just an update guys. Cheers!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
UGH, Nairaboy, so sorry that you're still playing the waiting game. :( I hope you receive good news, and SOON!

screech339 said:
Not only should the spouses/common-law be allowed to be representatives, they should be representatives by default. Shouldn't have to fill out that application in the first place. If CIC want the sponsor to be financially responsible for 3 years, the sponsor should have same rights as the applicant's right to info regarding sponsorship. Without the sponsor, there would no sponsorship process. CIC should make a note in the guildeline that sponsors will not have representative rights until they complete the forms.

What if there was a case of the applicant inability to speak a word of English or French? What then? How would the applicant speak to the call centre?

Screech339
Agreed 100%! We went ahead and filled out the representative form (did it with my French course enrollment, as well, in case he had to translate for me, though I'm starting to use the phone on my own), but it seems awfully silly. If I'm confident enough in our relationship to leave all of my family and friends and move to his country, and he's confident enough in our relationship to sponsor me, supporting me while I can't work and agreeing to be responsible for me for 3 years after I receive PR, then it seems we should BOTH be able to talk to CIC about any part of this process. I don't even see sponsorship and applicant evaluation as two separate things, just different steps in a long process with a single goal.

Nafafa

Jul 4, 2013
hey all,
hope everyone is doing well, and staying calm and sane during everything.
just a quick update for the sheets, i got my PR Card in the mail today, so am finally alll done!
good luck to everyone still waiting.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nafafa said:
hey all,
hope everyone is doing well, and staying calm and sane during everything.
just a quick update for the sheets, i got my PR Card in the mail today, so am finally alll done!
good luck to everyone still waiting.
Congrats on getting your PR card in the mail. Took you 60 days after landing.

I have the sheets updated.

Thanks for the updates. Good luck.

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
QuebecOkie said:
UGH, Nairaboy, so sorry that you're still playing the waiting game. :( I hope you receive good news, and SOON!
Thanks QuebecOkie, I am hoping and praying to hear something soon! I remba u saying u were once asked to send in some info, do have an idea of how long it took b4 they got back to after I sent in the info them.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
They got back to me almost immediately. I received a call from a gentleman at CIC on Thursday evening, August 29. He requested that I send him a copy of my passport (the info page and the page with the stamp from my last entry to Canada) by fax and provided a fax number. I asked if he could call to confirm receipt of the fax, and he said he would (he couldn't provide me a number to use to call him back, so he said he'd call me). We tried to send the fax that night using an online fax service, but the CIC agent called back and said the images were not clear enough to use. My husband went into work early the next morning, Friday, August 30, and faxed the copies to CIC. I received a call later that day (I was in class until noon and had told the agent that) telling me that the images were received and were clear enough to use.

(Note: I had provided copies with my application, not sure if CIC lost them or what.)

I got home from class that same day, August 30, and within about two hours I had received an email for AIP, and a little later an email for DM. Hopefully the document request means that they're getting reallllllly close on yours, as well! I think I remember some others on here who had additional information requested and then saw fast action on their apps.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
QuebecOkie said:
They got back to me almost immediately. I received a call from a gentleman at CIC on Thursday evening, August 29. He requested that I send him a copy of my passport (the info page and the page with the stamp from my last entry to Canada) by fax and provided a fax number. I asked if he could call to confirm receipt of the fax, and he said he would (he couldn't provide me a number to use to call him back, so he said he'd call me). We tried to send the fax that night using an online fax service, but the CIC agent called back and said the images were not clear enough to use. My husband went into work early the next morning, Friday, August 30, and faxed the copies to CIC. I received a call later that day (I was in class until noon and had told the agent that) telling me that the images were received and were clear enough to use.

(Note: I had provided copies with my application, not sure if CIC lost them or what.)

I got home from class that same day, August 30, and within about two hours I had received an email for AIP, and a little later an email for DM. Hopefully the document request means that they're getting reallllllly close on yours, as well! I think I remember some others on here who had additional information requested and then saw fast action on their apps.

Thanks for the update! I guess some of the officers go the extra mile while others just take their time! Hopefully I should hear something soon fingers crossed! Thanks again!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I'll be crossing my fingers for you, too! I can't wait for the time when I know all of my fellow 2012ers are DONE!

tatey

Sep 9, 2013
Has anyone recently received their PR card? I landed on Sept 30th - 46 days ago and the wait on the website is now down to 38 days. Is it worth giving them a call?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
tatey said:
Has anyone recently received their PR card? I landed on Sept 30th - 46 days ago and the wait on the website is now down to 38 days. Is it worth giving them a call?
I think your timeline for PR card should be based on the timeline of PR at time of landing. Anyone who landed this week would get the timeline based on this week PR card timeline of 38 days. If you can remember how long your PR card timeline was at time of landing, that would be how long you may have to wait before you call.

My wife's PR card arrived in the expected time based on PR card timeline at week of landing. Even though the PR card timeline was getting shorter as weeks went by.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
nairaboy said:
So I see am about the only one on the 2012 list without AIP yet, wow lucky me I guess! Anyways I see on my ecas that my medical as been updated don't know if I should be happy about that or not but I am keeping hope alive that soon I should get a reply soon. Tried calling today but was told I should send the marriage cert which I have and has been received few days ago but no update yet. I am praying they don't loose it again! Congrats to everybody with good news! Just an update guys. Cheers!
Wait a minute. I have read read and re-read this post. You are saying that you have not yet received AIP, yet your e-cas states that your medical has been received? Am I reading that correctly? If that is the case, I think you will find they are fixing to give you both AIP and DM at the same time because although my husband got an AIP email on Oc 28th, I got nadda (I'm the applicant) and my e-cas only states that they started working on my application on Oct 28.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
Alurra71 said:
Wait a minute. I have read read and re-read this post. You are saying that you have not yet received AIP, yet your e-cas states that your medical has been received? Am I reading that correctly? If that is the case, I think you will find they are fixing to give you both AIP and DM at the same time because although my husband got an AIP email on Oc 28th, I got nadda (I'm the applicant) and my e-cas only states that they started working on my application on Oct 28.
Sure Alurra it states on my ecas that medical received, I got an email b4 then to send it my marriage cert which I submitt with my application. So just sent it in and for some reason I thought to check ecas and it states medical received!

Thanks for ur support QuebecOkie! Hope u get ur PR card soon.

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Is anyone else who applied in October still waiting for DM? My husband's sponsorship was approved in March ... and nothing since. Everyone else seems to be getting their AIP and DM days from one another.

Cheers!

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
@ Screech

Finally I got a snail mail for my landing interview in Scarborough this afternoon...the letter was dated on Nov. 7th and my landing date has been scheduled on DEC. 19th.... ;D
The letter mentioned that I need to provide them with satisfactory original identity documents, which It means my pass port ????

The letter also asks me to bring the following:
1. My own interpreter, if required.
2. My sponsor
3. 2 Photos with specific size
4. All document issued by CIC (I thinks I need to bring my visiter records ...)
5. Proof of valid Temporary Residence status in canada ( what is this ?? I don't apply OWP...)
6. Notice of seizure form IMM5265, if applicable--->this one is strange...

Is there any other thing I should be aware of before my appointment ??
thank you so much for your advice