+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
I just checked my Ecas and it shows decision made instead of in process... I clicked on the link and this is what it says...

We sent you a letter on November 5,2013 about the decision on your application. please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Is this good or bad? It never says if our application is approved or not...

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
mikekmk said:
I just checked my Ecas and it shows decision made instead of in process... I clicked on the link and this is what it says...

We sent you a letter on November 5,2013 about the decision on your application. please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Is this good or bad? It never says if our application is approved or not...
Hi mikekmk. I think it is shown at Sponsor side on e-cas. And at Applicants side, 'In Process' is shown. Is it right? You have already received AIP letter that you are approved as a sponsor. Don't worry! E-cas was just updated. Sometimes, e-cas is not updated on the same day when people received AIP/DM. ;)

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Hi mikekmk. I think it is shown at Sponsor side on e-cas. And at Applicants side, 'In Process' is shown. Is it right? You have already received AIP letter that you are approved as a sponsor. Don't worry! E-cas was just updated. Sometimes, e-cas is not updated on the same day when people received AIP/DM. ;)
Hi Tomorisu. Oh... so what I'm going to receive in mail is not DM... ohhhhhhhh..... I couldn't sleep last night and thought we got the DM.... Lol.... nevermind... back to sleeping...

Thanks Tomorisu!

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
i went to Service Ontario in Burlington to apply for OHIP.
They told me that no Office in my city can do it with my AIP

I have to go to Oakville/Hamilton. And some offices are closed this Monday
The same thing will be with SIN i suppose

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
confrentis said:

Congrats on AIP, OWP and DM!

However, I guess you haven't received your OWP paper yet, because you got AIP on last Thursday. To apply for temporary SIN, you need to bring your OWP paper, not AIP letter. And yes, Service Canada is closed on Monday because of Remembrance Day.

As I don't live in Ontario, I don't know OHIP. Sorry.

Spaz

Sep 11, 2013
confrentis said:

I think we went to the same office. I went there on Friday and an officer told me the same thing they told you. Well, I'll try to apply at 3455 Fairview street next week. But you can apply for SIN in Burlington. The office is at 646 Appleby Line. I applied for my SIN there. Everything went well and the officers were very nice.

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
Tomorisu said:
Congrats on AIP, OWP and DM!

However, I guess you haven't received your OWP paper yet, because you got AIP on last Thursday. To apply for temporary SIN, you need to bring your OWP paper, not AIP letter. And yes, Service Canada is closed on Monday because of Remembrance Day.

Thank you!

Well, as they told me in the Office i went - some offices are not competent enough to manage all the cases.
They said there are government Service Offices and franchises. So those franchises do not deal with case like mine ( i wanted OHIP with my AIP letter)
OWP I'm still waiting. I just wanted to apply for med insurance right away! My husband always laughs at me as I want everything right away and now))

So my recommendation is to cal those 1-800 numbers and find out for sure which office to go)

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
Spaz said:
I think we went to the same office. I went there on Friday and an officer told me the same thing they told you. Well, I'll try to apply at 3455 Fairview street next week. But you can apply for SIN in Burlington. The office is at 646 Appleby Line. I applied for my SIN there. Everything went well and the officers were very nice.
That's funny)) glad to meet another Brlingtonian))
I went to 760 Brant st)
Thanks for the SIN hint. I will go there then when i get my OWP mail.

Spaz

Sep 11, 2013
confrentis said:
That's funny)) glad to meet another Brlingtonian))
I went to 760 Brant st)
Thanks for the SIN hint. I will go there then when i get my OWP mail.
Small world, eh? :D
Well, I've just checked on the website. We can't apply for OHIP in Burlington office with AIP or OWP. We have to go to Hamilton or Oakville office. I think Oakville office is closer. Address is 220 North Service Road West, Oakville. Health card service is by appointment only. Nice to meet you and good luck!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
confrentis said:

As others have advise, I would suggest you go to another Ontario Service and apply for OHIP with your AIP. However since you got OWP approval, I would wait until you get that so that you can also apply for temp SIN. You can also apply for OHIP with your OWP as well. You can't apply for SIN with AIP since it doesn't give you permission to work. The OWP does and the letter itself is not good enough. You have to show the OWP in your hand to apply for SIN.

Screech339

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
screech339 said:
As others have advise, I would suggest you go to another Ontario Service and apply for OHIP with your AIP. However since you got OWP approval, I would wait until you get that so that you can also apply for temp SIN. You can also apply for OHIP with your OWP as well. You can't apply for SIN with AIP since it doesn't give you permission to work. The OWP does and the letter itself is not good enough. You have to show the OWP in your hand to apply for SIN.

Screech339
Morning Screech,
Once obtaining an OWP, do you instantly get OHIP or you wait for 3months as when you get your AIP?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
salsal31 said:
Morning Screech,
Once obtaining an OWP, do you instantly get OHIP or you wait for 3months as when you get your AIP?
I believe you would have to wait 3 months like everyone else. Including myself.

Screech339

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
hello guys.i need help.i just mailed my application for owp and pr and as i was going over my passport i noticed that i missed a page to be photocopied . what should i do :( I'm so stressed thinking about it.

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
bing1978 said:
hello guys.i need help.i just mailed my application for owp and pr and as i was going over my passport i noticed that i missed a page to be photocopied . what should i do :( I'm so stressed thinking about it.
My advise would to to wait till you get AOR and them send
then send the missing documents using the UCI that comes with AOR.