Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
QuebecOkie said:
I'm hoping you, and Tomorisu, and the rest of my fellow 2012ers hear good news SOON!

And you're smart. I SOOOOOO wish I'd changed my name. Who knows how long it will be before I finally have everything in my legal, married name?!? At least next summer, if not later.

Thank you ;D.....from your mouth to Jah's ears!!!......I applied for a new passport with my hubby's name so it worked out perfectly!!!....am sure you'll work it out!!!And it might not take that long ;)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Mrembo said:
Thank you ;D.....from your mouth to Jah's ears!!!......I applied for a new passport with my hubby's name so it worked out perfectly!!!....am sure you'll work it out!!!And it might not take that long ;)
My "problem" (it's a GOOD problem, lol) is that we already have a family trip booked in late March. Had to use the name on my passport (still maiden name), so we have to wait until after that. And I'm trying to talk the husband into FINALLY going on a honeymoon (so what if our second anniversary will have come and gone) this summer, so I don't know when I'll have time to send off my passport to get the name change done. Oh well! I know I'm "Megan O[rest of hubby's last name]". :)

Gaur

Oct 15, 2013
Hi all,

Please let me know if I can travel outside Canada and come back during my inland application.

Myself and my Spouse are planning to go to our home country for a month.

thanks,

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
QuebecOkie said:
My timeline is in my signature. Unfortunately, CIC is very inconsistent, and there's no real way of knowing just how long your app will take. The best you can do is do a lot of reading, take care with your application, include everything that's needed, and hope for the best.

If you submit your application inland, the sponsored person is supposed to remain in Canada for the duration of the process. Your wife can always leave, but if she is denied re-entry, then the application is void, your money and time has been wasted, and you have to start over (AND you have to report the denial of entry as you put together a new application). Some have traveled and reentered Canada during the process with no difficulty. However, for me, I thought the risk too great. If I got that one Immigration officer at the border who was in a pissy mood, and I got denied (despite being an American, and visa-exempt - it happens, my husband personally knows one man whose American wife was denied entry at the border), I would be CRUSHED if we had to start over again.

I don't know much about the OWP, as I didn't not submit one, but I do know you cannot apply online before AIP is received. You must submit a paper application for OWP with your PR application, and yes, it is granted when AIP (first stage approval) is received. You get the paper permit in the mail a little while after getting the AIP email.
@Gaur,

Please read what QuebecOkie mentioned above ;)

Gaur

Oct 15, 2013
Well, We are not applying for name change at this stage. We

We will do that once everything is done. (after receiving PR Card)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
QuebecOkie said:
My "problem" (it's a GOOD problem, lol) is that we already have a family trip booked in late March. Had to use the name on my passport (still maiden name), so we have to wait until after that. And I'm trying to talk the husband into FINALLY going on a honeymoon (so what if our second anniversary will have come and gone) this summer, so I don't know when I'll have time to send off my passport to get the name change done. Oh well! I know I'm "Megan O[rest of hubby's last name]". :)
That's not a bad problem to have,we haven't been able to leave the country for the twelve years I have been here so we've just traveled around Canada,(went to BC in the summer for two weeks).....I haven't seen my parents/siblings and extended family for this long so I can't wait to be able to travel:(....I miss them like words can not express and my hubby and kids haven't met them even so we'll have a long trip to Kenya when this process is done! :D

de_to_ca

May 6, 2012
In my case it really took one month. Check with RCMP if they have sent the report to CIC. If everything is fine RCMP responds in 3 days of receiving the fingerprints. Good luck!

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
Finally, got the date of interview... so it will be on Nov 4 @10 in Etobicoke...
This will be a great birthday gift for me... Hope the IO will be super nice to me. LOL
yahoooooooooooooooo :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Gaur said:
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for my spouse from Canada. (waiting for the marriage certificate to come)

Can someone please tell me the details regarding the open work permit part which we can get after 1st stage?

We are also planning to travel outside country (for a month) after applying for the immigration.
Can someone please clarify if I can travel during the processing of my application because I heard they can void the immigration application if you travel outside Canada?

Also, I will appreciate if someone can share their timeline who recently applied. Does it really take 11+8=19 months to get the immigration?

Thanks in advance,
Gaur,

You may put your application in jeopardy if you leave Canada for a month during inland process especially if you are PR sponsor. Most people can get away with it for a week or 2. CIC will consider that you were away on vacation. With you going away for a month may raise a flag as applicant is suppose to stay in Canada during the process. However you may get away with it if you actually left Canada shortly after submitting the application since your application probably is not in the system yet when you come back from vacation.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rxpei said:
Finally, got the date of interview... so it will be on Nov 4 @ 10 in Etobicoke...
This will be a great birthday gift for me... Hope the IO will be super nice to me. LOL
yahoooooooooooooooo :)
Congrats on getting your landing date. The wait is almost over.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats and good luck to Sunbrey and sweetsher on their landing today. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone. I have updated the timesheets according to latest feedback. Want to thank everyone for their contributions. I noticed that we hit another milestone in the timesheet. We have hit the 60% mark of completion. It wasn't that long ago that we hit the 50% mark. Here to hitting 70% soon.

Screech339

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
good morning :)
can someone help me with OWP app?? ??? I'm really confused, I can not find it on CIC website because I use the iPad

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
QuebecOkie said:
I'm hoping you, and Tomorisu, and the rest of my fellow 2012ers hear good news SOON!
Merci beaucoup, QuebecOkie. :D :-*

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
Sonja/srb said:
good morning :)
can someone help me with OWP app?? ??? I'm really confused, I can not find it on CIC website because I use the iPad
I often have this problem,I can get to this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp but after that it will not load :(