Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

This was by far the easiest part of the process. The gentleman from CIC arrived at the conference room of the hotel (since this was a traveling office) at 8am on the dot. We sat down across the table from him. He verified our address, the date and location of my entry into Canada, and that I hadn't left since that entry. He then asked my husband the "million dollar question." "Quinton, do you still want to sponsor your wife?" :-D

I signed two copies of the COPR, he went over a few points (when to expect PR card, residency obligations, all stuff I know well from the forum), and then he congratulated me. It didn't even take 10 minutes. Because this was a traveling office, no SIN for me yet. I'll have to wait until I get my PR card.

For Québec applicants, be sure to bring the full undertaking along with your CSQ.

WOOHOO! I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident!

@quebecOkie, congrats Hun!!! It's good to see one of our own
Go through the process and complete! It gives hope to those of us waiting!

Jolly1

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 25 2012
Doc's Request.
September 11 2013
AOR Received.
December 21 2012
Med's Request
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
June 17 2012
LANDED..........
:/
Mimence777 said:
I just want to ask from the people that have gone through my route....how long on average after being requested medicals, should I expect a DM? I am very anxious to say the least....
@Mimence, I've also heard that you don't normally
hear anything for at least three months.
I've also been ask to redo my medicals and so
Im averaging sometime at the end of December or January I'll
hear something. Would you care to share
your timeline?

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
Hi Jolly 1, I have sent my application on Nov/16/2012, AOR Jan/10/2013, medicals I did on Feb/14/2012 and police clearance from home country on Jul/29/2012. They only requested me to re-do my medicals, no other docs....I got AIP on Oct/04/2013.....I haven't seen my family since 2011 summertime :( and I really, really miss them and was planning a long trip in the summer of 2014....that is why I have been so anxious to get my DM and the landing appt and my PR card and so....so I can go visit them. I am kinda afraid to go without a PR card, I know I would need to go to an embassy and request a Visa...does anyone know if they would decline such an entry visa for whatever reason...or if it is a possibility that while I am gone, my PR card is ready and if someone can send it to where I am....just wondering ???

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thank you again, so much, for all of the congratulations! I'm so grateful that I found this forum. Not ONLY is it amazing to share the frustrations, and finally the joy of this process with others who understand, but this forum actually significantly shortened my wait for PR. I think back to how confused and STUPID I was about all of this last year, when we started. I sent my app in without the medical or police certificate. Thanks to reading on here, I realized my mistake, made an informed decision (CONTRARY to the advice of the CIC rep at the call centre!) and got my police certificate and did my medical before CIC requested them. So when my AIP finally rolled around, everything was in place to get DM at the same time. That would NOT have happened without all of the help and information on this forum.

Alurra71, your post made giggle. Even as thrilled as I am today, the reverse holds a bit true, as well. Knowing how many are still waiting, even many who applied before me, tempers the joy just a little. I can't wait until 2012 sees its last applicant approved!!!!!!! I'll definitely be hanging around here for quite a while. I'm still waiting with a lot of you!

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
I checked my application

Received application to sponsorship on February 2012.

Started processing your application on June 2012.

Sent you a letter on September 2012.

On April 16, 2013 I got the email from cic that

" This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status."

Now I'm waiting for Immigration Centre in Scarborough to contact !!!

I so nervous with my case , NEED Suggestion :'(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lakeshore said:
I checked my application

Received application to sponsorship on February 2012.

Started processing your application on June 2012.

Sent you a letter on September 2012.

On April 16, 2013 I got the email from cic that

" This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status."

Now I'm waiting for Immigration Centre in Scarborough to contact !!!

I so nervous with my case , NEED Suggestion :'(
While I give you a congrats on getting your DM, 6 months is way too long to get a landing letter appointment from your local CIC. I suggest that you contact CIC and find out what's the hold up. COPR has an expiry date to be used before actual landing. Otherwise they have to reissue COPR again.

Screech339

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
Thank You terki :)
I hope that positive ...
but it's almost 6 month for waiting

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Lakeshore said:
Thank You terki :)
I hope that positive ...
but it's almost 6 month for waiting
Right... so have you called the CIC call centre and said "I've been waiting six months?" My concern would be that this is so long they may have sent you a letter that you did not receive and then a second letter saying "if we don't hear from you we will assume you are not interested any longer and close your file". You should try to make contact ASAP.

Sep 11, 2013
I had posted this in the other forum and did got some good response back!.

How ever here is the letter text what I got from CIC for my Husbands Interview.

Please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you as there may be a requirement to question them.
Please bring the following documents to the interview:

1. A valid passport, identity or travel document.

2. Recent evidence of your living arrangements or co-habitation as well as the financial co-dependence normally present in all conjugal relationships, this may include-

co-signed rental agreement or shared land title/property ownership documents.
correspondence received in you and your spouse's name at the common address.
shared household utilities bills showing both your names.
common bank account records showing activity/transactions.
common credit account records showing activity / transactions and billing information.

3. Evidence of your relationship in-Canada, this may include-

correspondence to each other, in your time of separation.
statutory declarations from personal acquaintances and/r service providers who may atest to your marital union.
recent dated photographs of your life together in Canada.

4. Your sponsor's proof of employment/source of income.
5. Any other new information you feel is relevant to the case.

Please fill me in if anyone have received anything like this? and what was the next step?. Any recommendation of what to take with me?.
Thank You

Edit: We have our 2nd baby on the way, he's been living with me ever since we have applied for his PR in Feb 2012 (inland app).

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
screech339 said:
Not sure if schengen visa would allow COPR. I looked up how to apply for schengen visa. It mentioned that if you are a PR, you must provide original and photocopy of both side of your PR card at visa appointment interview. So I guess COPR is not accepted. Remember COPR is not a travel document. You cannot fly back with COPR. They know you can't fly back with COPR, thus no proof you will leave schengen area at end of your stay. This is why they want to see you have a PR card first.

Screech339
oh thanks screech ....i guess we have to wait a a bit longer then

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
So here's a little question for you guys,what would be the thing to do if we found out my wife was pregnant?she is the sponsor,do we need to notify cic? Any help is appreciated :)

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
It's my understanding, after receiving the DM letter, the local office (in our case, Vancouver) would send out a different letter with instructions to pay the right of permanent residence fee (along with appointment time, etc); is this correct? ... You don't actually need to pay it before they'll send you an appointment, right? Has anyone received their appointment before paying it? Can you pay it at the time of your appointment? What are the payment options at the Vancouver office?

mahnova

Jun 3, 2013
Mimence777 said:
Hi Jolly 1, I have sent my application on Nov/16/2012, AOR Jan/10/2013, medicals I did on Feb/14/2012 and police clearance from home country on Jul/29/2012. They only requested me to re-do my medicals, no other docs....I got AIP on Oct/04/2013.....I haven't seen my family since 2011 summertime :( and I really, really miss them and was planning a long trip in the summer of 2014....that is why I have been so anxious to get my DM and the landing appt and my PR card and so....so I can go visit them. I am kinda afraid to go without a PR card, I know I would need to go to an embassy and request a Visa...does anyone know if they would decline such an entry visa for whatever reason...or if it is a possibility that while I am gone, my PR card is ready and if someone can send it to where I am....just wondering ???
I understand your desire to visit your family. Even I haven't seen my family since 2007 fall, and I have to blame my poor decision for filing a refugee claim for that. Now since all that is over, I have received AIP on Oct 1st 2013. They haven't requested anything yet from me. And I called CIC about the exact same thing, and she told me that its not impossible to get visa, but highly recommended to not leave, because upon entry they have the power to re-evaluate everything and can deny you entry based on health, medical , national security, etc etc . And if that happens, your spousal application will be dropped. Anyway I went to CBSA, but they didn't release my passport. Guy told me, I will get it at the time of landing. Hope you get your DM and PR card soon so you can have a long vacation :)
I was planning on something similar too, but my work only gives me a two week vacation lol

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jaimeirl said:
So here's a little question for you guys,what would be the thing to do if we found out my wife was pregnant?she is the sponsor,do we need to notify cic? Any help is appreciated :)
You notify CIC about it when baby is born. It won't affect your application since baby will be born in Canada. And since sponsor is the one having the baby, there is no worries about medical cost.

Screech339