AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Awfully quiet today. No news from anyone on AIPs, DMs or landing dates.

Screech339

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
I finally received my OWP today ;D :D, I am so happy I cam finally apply for another job :). Now waiting to do my medicals and send them off. Does anyone knows approximately how long does it slow down the process for DM if they ask you to redo the medicals?

sdelima

Oct 8, 2013
Mimence777 said:
I finally received my OWP today ;D :D, I am so happy I cam finally apply for another job :). Now waiting to do my medicals and send them off. Does anyone knows approximately how long does it slow down the process for DM if they ask you to redo the medicals?
Hello. Can i ask what are the forms you filled up in applying OWP within canada? My husband wants to apply SOWP for me. Thanks

Cirene

Sep 9, 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Sent with Application // PCC: Sent with Application
sdelima said:
Hello. Can i ask what are the forms you filled up in applying OWP within canada? My husband wants to apply SOWP for me. Thanks
Go here :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Then you'll fill the IMM 5710 form and you'll select "A work permit with a new employer"

Then in the 3rd page it says what kind of work permit and you select "OWP" :)

Jul 28, 2013
screech339 said:
Congrats. That is a DM. I will update tomorrow. With Etobicoke sending out landing letter fast as bullets, you will be landing very soon. It is in this situation that makes you wonder if you spent 150 worth when you get DM quickly after AIP and landing even quicker after receiving DM.

Screech339
Thanks Screech!

I had a couple of questions:

1) Landing date sets a date for the landing interview?

2) If so, could anyone please explain what happens in the landing interview and after?

3) Do I have to cross the border to the US and come back in for stamping?

4) And, does the PR card processing time starts the day after interview or crossing?

Cheers!

sdelima

Oct 8, 2013
Then you'll fill the IMM 5710 form and you'll select "A work permit with a new employer"

Then in the 3rd page it says what kind of work permit and you select "OWP" :)
[/quote]

Thank you so much. ^^

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
guys i have a question? how long is it taking to get the medical updated in the system after doing it???and how long after they request medical we can get stage 2 approval when only medical is the only thing left out???

vicphone

Apr 4, 2013
our update: got DM email on 26th Oct..and 2 mins after we got another email saying pls ignore the previous email because there's error in it. see attached..(wtf..) I knew there's error as cic office at our location is closed... regardless, await a weeked, logged in ecasp, it says dm had been done. await cic office to contact.....

my wife and i left the country for wedding, and honeymoon travel, she might not be able to get back in as she does not have a visa for now....

i guess when i go back to Canada, and get the cic letter and mail her the letter and so she can apply for a visa to board???

thanks everybody

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
esthersun said:
Thank you. Did they call you?
Yes, just for faxing my wife (sponsor)'s passport.
It was a date entry error.
Normally they don't call for AIP.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
waitinginanticipation said:
Thanks Screech!

I had a couple of questions:

1) Landing date sets a date for the landing interview?

2) If so, could anyone please explain what happens in the landing interview and after?

3) Do I have to cross the border to the US and come back in for stamping?

4) And, does the PR card processing time starts the day after interview or crossing?

Cheers!
1. The landing letter you get in the mail will set your landing date.

2. You show up, answer 3 questions, initial on COPR next to questions asked, sign at bottom on COPR. You officially become PR. Then shortly after get called back to get your SIN. After that you're done.

3. No. You become PR at etobicoke. No need to leave Canada.

4. The PR card timeline starts from moment you land, day of landing appointment.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to quebecOkie on her landing and becoming a PR today.

@Mimence777

Congrats on getting your OWP in the mail. Now you can work for any employer.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thanks!

This was by far the easiest part of the process. The gentleman from CIC arrived at the conference room of the hotel (since this was a traveling office) at 8am on the dot. We sat down across the table from him. He verified our address, the date and location of my entry into Canada, and that I hadn't left since that entry. He then asked my husband the "million dollar question." "Quinton, do you still want to sponsor your wife?" :-D

I signed two copies of the COPR, he went over a few points (when to expect PR card, residency obligations, all stuff I know well from the forum), and then he congratulated me. It didn't even take 10 minutes. Because this was a traveling office, no SIN for me yet. I'll have to wait until I get my PR card.

For Québec applicants, be sure to bring the full undertaking along with your CSQ.

WOOHOO! I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
@QuebecOkie

Congrats, again! ;D I'm so happy for you! ;) :-*

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
QuebecOkie said:
Thanks!

This was by far the easiest part of the process. The gentleman from CIC arrived at the conference room of the hotel (since this was a traveling office) at 8am on the dot. We sat down across the table from him. He verified our address, the date and location of my entry into Canada, and that I hadn't left since that entry. He then asked my husband the "million dollar question." "Quinton, do you still want to sponsor your wife?" :-D

I signed two copies of the COPR, he went over a few points (when to expect PR card, residency obligations, all stuff I know well from the forum), and then he congratulated me. It didn't even take 10 minutes. Because this was a traveling office, no SIN for me yet. I'll have to wait until I get my PR card.

For Québec applicants, be sure to bring the full undertaking along with your CSQ.

WOOHOO! I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident!
Congrats on becoming a PR. Sad that you got to wait for PR card to get SIN.

At least your husband didn't screw up and say "No" to his question. Ha ha ha. I could only imagine the look on your face or even the agent's face. I can see it now. Jaws dropping to the floor. Ha ha ha.

Screech339