Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jonico said:
No update for the processing time, we are on Oct 15th still... :mad:
I wouldn't put much stock in their application date of Oct 15th. We are now having applicants getting AIPs whose application been submitted well beyond October 15th. We have had 2 people getting AIPs who submitted dates on October 25 and 26. I just think that someone who is responsible for updating CIC's website application date was getting too lazy or don't bother updating the date.

Screech339

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
ntonchu said:
Hi guys, sorry i have been very busy. Got my landing letter dated Aug 23rd and landed yday in Vancouver. Good luck to all still in the process. Trust and believe the God who did it for me will do it for you all
Maybe we were at the same appoinment! Was yours at 1pm?

goldfinch

Sep 12, 2013
Hello everybody, I'm sorry if I put this post in the wrong place... I am reading all posts last couple day here, and I do not what to think ? I am AP already for 12 month ( I got it last September). and nothing has happened since then. They asked for a new police certificate, because police certificate I sent before probably expired, my medical have been received and with that is all fine. Also I have not luck to get someone on the phone in CIC. in January will be a full two years since I sent my application. Some advice please, Thank you.

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
screech339 said:
I wouldn't put much stock in their application date of Oct 15th. We are now having applicants getting AIPs whose application been submitted well beyond October 15th. We have had 2 people getting AIPs who submitted dates on October 25 and 26. I just think that someone who is responsible for updating CIC's website application date was getting too lazy or don't bother updating the date.

Screech339
When I called cic in the past,
the agent told me that they've changed dates when they finish all of documents on the date.
For example, the website says Oct 15th.
Probably applications before Oct 15th are finished unless there are problems.

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
yffAm said:
Hi there,

I have some good news to everybody and a question for Screech too.. :) Finally CIC is moving now. My accompanying dependent received a document request yesterday through mail. They are asking her to re-do her medical and there was something on the letter that confused me a lot where I need Screech to enlighten me. They also requesting us to submit some forms which we already did and submitted along with our application.

To Screech, would you mind if I send you the letter on your inbox and pls tell me if I really need to send it again to them. Thank you in advance!

-yffam
Hi there!! May i ask you is it the declaration from non accompanying parent for minor immigrating to Canada form that cic is askIng you to send again? Iam in same boat they asked my accompanying dependant to have the medical redone and also requested this fofm again eventhough i sent it to them already. But i will send it again to be in the safe side. :)

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Just received and email from CIC and I'm a bit confused.

As a bit of background, original application was received at CIC's office on November 27 and received confirmation email on January 24 that application was received on December 3 and began processing on January 23.

On July 18 we submitted unsolicited supplementary information to our original application.

Today I received CIC email confirming that it received our application on November 27 but no mention of the supplementary material from July.

Is this a generic response that is generated by CIC that only refers to the original application although new material was received (and possibly prompted the recent email) but not referenced in today's email?

Is my application now moved to the back of the cue? :(

thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lsj2767 said:
When I called cic in the past,
the agent told me that they've changed dates when they finish all of documents on the date.
For example, the website says Oct 15th.
Probably applications before Oct 15th are finished unless there are problems.
That may be. But still doesn't make sense. Are they saying that one problematic application out of hundreds can hold up the application date on website? Doesn't seem fair to do that or make sense.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Migrain said:
Just received and email from CIC and I'm a bit confused.

As a bit of background, original application was received at CIC's office on November 27 and received confirmation email on January 24 that application was received on December 3 and began processing on January 23.

On July 18 we submitted unsolicited supplementary information to our original application.

Today I received CIC email confirming that it received our application on November 27 but no mention of the supplementary material from July.

Is this a generic response that is generated by CIC that only refers to the original application although new material was received (and possibly prompted the recent email) but not referenced in today's email?

Is my application now moved to the back of the cue? :(

thanks
I don't think you would be put in the back of the queue on account of your additional documents sent later. I think this is just a generic response to original application. They can't add a lot of details/specifics on the website. Too many variables for them to sort out. So they make a very vague description and leave it as that.

Screech339

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
As far as I understand it, when I get AIP here in Alberta I'll be able to immediately get my Alberta Health Insurance reinstated. (This is what the agents there have told us.) What is this about a 3 month delay for OHIP? Is this only an Ontario thing?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
As far as I understand it, when I get AIP here in Alberta I'll be able to immediately get my Alberta Health Insurance reinstated. (This is what the agents there have told us.) What is this about a 3 month delay for OHIP? Is this only an Ontario thing?
It is not just an ontario thing. Some of the provinces have put on a 3 months residency requirement before they can get on the provincal health coverage. Some provinces like I think Alberta doesn't have the 3 month residency requirment qualification period. It is all up to each provincal rules in how to qualify for provincal health care.

Screech339

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
I just got my invite to the landing interview! who hoo! DM on sunday, and today this later. :D Landing scheduled on October 1-st.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
um_dunno said:
I just got my invite to the landing interview! who hoo! DM on sunday, and today this later. :D Landing scheduled on October 1-st.
Congrats on your landing. Etobicoke office is spitting out the landing letters awfully quick.

Screech339

um_dunno

May 23, 2013
screech339 said:
Congrats on your landing. Etobicoke office is spitting out the landing letters awfully quick.

Screech339
I am happy about that. But sorry about your experience with them. Seems like everything is start moving nowadays, wheels are in motion. Good luck to everybody who haven't got good news yet.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
So I got a letter from CIC in the mail today and was all excited. NOT a landing appointment. It was a small packet asking me to verify all of the info on one form and to send it all to the Montréal CIC office in the envelope provided with a copy of my passport, RPRF receipt, and two PR photos (they provided specs, the ones I had done to submit with my medical are too big). So hopefully I can get photos done tomorrow and send it all back.

Also, just FYI, in Québec, I'm eligible for medical coverage 3 months after AIP, like in ON.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
QuebecOkie said:
So I got a letter from CIC in the mail today and was all excited. NOT a landing appointment. It was a small packet asking me to verify all of the info on one form and to send it all to the Montréal CIC office in the envelope provided with a copy of my passport, RPRF receipt, and two PR photos (they provided specs, the ones I had done to submit with my medical are too big). So hopefully I can get photos done tomorrow and send it all back.

Also, just FYI, in Québec, I'm eligible for medical coverage 3 months after AIP, like in ON.
Hi, QuebecOkie. I'm not surprised that you received the letter to send your documents. But, I guess only applicants who will land in Montreal office are asked it. Maybe, I will be asked it in future. :p

I wish your photo for PR card is nice one! :D