+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I meant can i still get back to Canada without OWP?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Congrats Neyuli
It's not over til it's over. I'm happy for you. Seems as though landing dates are becoming sooner. ll the best

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sierra222 said:
Yes that is true, but when you click on more info it also says you have to have the medical before coming to Canada - which is true for outland sponsorships, but I have been in Canada for 3 years now and applied as an inland sponsorship.
My husband was in Canada for 4 years before applying inland and he had to do a medical.

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiggyzealous said:
Congrats Neyuli
It's not over til it's over. I'm happy for you. Seems as though landing dates are becoming sooner. ll the best
Thank you very much jiggyzealous!! Im pretty psyched for the process to be completely over! I also wish the rest of you all the best..Good news will come, sooner or later :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
neyuli said:
Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm planning on driving. However, if they take away immigration documents, they will take away my OWP, right? Without OWP, can I still travel to the States? I do have TRV valid for 2 years.
They will likely take back the OWP as a PR, you no longer qualify to use OWP. OWP implies Temporary Open Work Permit. You are now permanent resident. You can still come back into Canada via road crossing. They may likely to be a delay due to processing your information to confirm that you are in fact a PR in their system. So take your COPR with you when you go. Just don't lose it, for heaven's sake.

screech339

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
They will likely take back the OWP as a PR, you no longer qualify to use OWP. OWP implies Temporary Open Work Permit. You are now permanent resident. You can still come back into Canada via road crossing. They may likely to be a delay due to processing your information to confirm that you are in fact a PR in their system. So take your COPR with you when you go. Just don't lose it, for heaven's sake.

screech339
Oh ok. haha. Screech 339, thank you very much for your answer. You're very helpful :)
I will make sure the COPR stays safe and sound during the travel.

Have a nice day everyone! Hope good news keeps on coming!

Miminnie

Nov 21, 2012
Just a little update from my end as my application happens to fall between the Oct. 8 and Oct. 12 mark.
I was pretty excited to find out about this update, but I have received nothing so far.
The call cetre told me that they will send email to Vegreville to find out what's going on.
Hopefully AIP will be coming soon, or else they have no right to be showing "Working on applications received on October 12, 2012" (mine was received Oct 9).

@Tomorisu
Thanks for the message, but it seems that I cannot send direct messages. I'm sure we both chose inland for hopefully a better outcome, hope there will be progress for us both in the near future!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
Miminnie said:
Just a little update from my end as my application happens to fall between the Oct. 8 and Oct. 12 mark.
I was pretty excited to find out about this update, but I have received nothing so far.
The call cetre told me that they will send email to Vegreville to find out what's going on.
Hopefully AIP will be coming soon, or else they have no right to be showing "Working on applications received on October 12, 2012" (mine was received Oct 9).

@ Tomorisu
Thanks for the message, but it seems that I cannot send direct messages. I'm sure we both chose inland for hopefully a better outcome, hope there will be progress for us both in the near future!
@Miminnie
You are welcome. I'm glad that you were able to read my message. After 10 postings, you can send your PM to anyone. ;)

sierra222

Jul 27, 2013
figtoria said:
My husband was in Canada for 4 years before applying inland and he had to do a medical.

Did they request it from you or did you send it in with your application? What about a police clearance - is that mandatory too for inland? They have not requested that either.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sierra222 said:
Did they request it from you or did you send it in with your application? What about a police clearance - is that mandatory too for inland? They have not requested that either.
Hi, Sierra.

CIC says: If you are applying for permanent residence, you must have one done.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sierra222 said:
Hi sierra,

Since you have received DM without either a police check or a medical exam doesn't sound very good. Sounds like bad news to me. Only time a police check is not required like neyuli's case, is when you have turned 18 after you entered Canada as all applicents who are 18 and older prior to immigrating to Canada must also submit police checks of their home country. Neyuli came to Canada at 16 on a study visa and turned 18 since then. Thus he wasn't required to submit police check.

While I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt of getting a DM for PR without a medical exam, but since you haven't submitted a police check either, it is impossible to be able to get PR without both police check and medical.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Hi, Sierra.

CIC says: If you are applying for permanent residence, you must have one done.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/
Hi Tomorisu,

Although a police check is also required, there are exemption to the rule. If you immigrate to Canada prior to turning 18, say on a study visa and turned 18 while in Canada. You do not require to submit your police check of home country when you apply for PR within Canada so long as you never left Canada after turning 18. Moment you step out of Canada after turning 18 and then apply for PR, you would be required to submit police check.

screech339

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
figtoria said:
My wife has been in canada with refugee claiment status for past 6 yrs.we still had to do medical when we did our inland application back in march 2012...last time i called cic (may 14,2013) The agent told us that he will send request to vegreville to send us the letter to take with us to the doctor office in order to do the test again..after 3 month i called cic today asking for my medical letter that i was supposed to pick up...this agent said she can not see any new request for medical redo from vegreville ...i think some agents Improvise some answers just to get rid off us and hang up the phone...one agent says something and when you tell the other agent your co worker said something else...they say ok i dono...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sierra222 said:
Yes that is true, but when you click on more info it also says you have to have the medical before coming to Canada - which is true for outland sponsorships, but I have been in Canada for 3 years now and applied as an inland sponsorship.
IRPA and IRPR require a medical examination.

IRPA Section 16

16. (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Marginal note:Obligation — appear for examination

(1.1) A person who makes an application must, on request of an officer, appear for an examination.
Marginal note:Obligation — relevant evidence

(2) In the case of a foreign national,

(a) the relevant evidence referred to in subsection (1) includes photographic and fingerprint evidence; and

(b) subject to the regulations, the foreign national must submit to a medical examination.
IRPR Section 30:

(3) Every foreign national who must submit to a medical examination, as required under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act, and who seeks to enter Canada must hold a medical certificate — based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under that paragraph and which took place within the previous 12 months — that indicates that their health condition is not likely to be a danger to public health or public safety and, unless subsection 38(2) of the Act applies, is not reasonably expected to cause excessive demand.
Thus a DM without a medical should not properly be a positive decision. Are you certain that it is not a refusal?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
Hi Tomorisu,

Although a police check is also required, there are exemption to the rule. If you immigrate to Canada prior to turning 18, say on a study visa and turned 18 while in Canada. You do not require to submit your police check of home country when you apply for PR within Canada so long as you never left Canada after turning 18. Moment you step out of Canada after turning 18 and then apply for PR, you would be required to submit police check.

screech339
@Screech,
Yes, you are right. Thanks for correcting me. If Sierra came to Canada before she was 18, then she isn't asked to get her police certificate. She might be young. :)