14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
DaleandMonica said:
Ohhhh.....then I am the confused one :D I'm so nervous right now....we will get our Stage 1 decision now the 5th of August, we were told last time we talked to an agent. So my thinking isn't really clear right now. It's a little all over the place lol Thank you guys for making it a little clearer again
In your profile it says document request on January 10,2013 can you share what was this request for? Best of luck for August 5 :D

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
guri3577 said:
In your profile it says document request on January 10,2013 can you share what was this request for? Best of luck for August 5 :D
Sure I can :) I'm from Sweden.....and on our birth cert, it says a lot about us. One of the things, is when we were married and got a divorce.....and with whom we were married and from whom we got a divorce...and when... So when we sent in our application, I pointed to this information on my birth cert, when I was going to prove I was divorced. We thought it was going to be enough proof....since it is written by the Swedish government. But it wasn't enough. They wanted copies from the court judgment back from 1994, when I got divorced. So we had to contact the Swedish court system....get them to send the file to translators....and after they were done, they sent the file to us....and we sent it to Immigration Canada. Lot of work for something they already had gotten in my birth cert lol

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sierra222 said:
Here is the link, it is on Canada Immigration site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/checks.asp
That is where I got the information on medical check. When you click on medical exam link for more details. It says that medical exams are required for immigrating to Canada. Only the temporary visitor that may get exemption of medical exam.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Called CIC today. Haven't done that in a while, just thought I'd give it a try. I (SURPRISINGLY) got through on the first try. Reached a rather spectacularly unhelpful and not particularly friendly representative. I think he put me on hold for 3 minutes just to make me think he was actually doing something. He told me that my file was still in progress, that he couldn't tell me any more than that, that he couldn't ascertain whether or not my medical/police certificate have been received, that BOTH they are working on Oct 12 apps AND Stage 1 is six months. Then he also told me it would "be a few months" until they looked at my file.

So...stage 1 is "six months," even though Oct 12 was over 9 months ago. Okay.

And...stage 1 is "six months," even though they won't look at my file again for "a few months" (which will put me at a year for stage 1). Okay.

Apparently, in a few years, when I am a citizen, I should go to work for CIC. My fear of basic math will be absolutely NO barrier to employment there, plus I have a much friendlier phone voice than the "gentleman" I spoke with today. My english is already far better than his, and in a few years, my french will likely be fine, as well. HOORAY for career aspirations, lol.

I guess maybe I should draft up a letter for my dear, resistant, allergic-to-administration husband to translate into French to send to our MP. Not that I expect it to do any good. If it was just my app lagging behind, I would be very worried. As it is, most of us seem to be in the same boat. Maybe our MP can at least confirm that my medical results and police certificate are with my file. Blerg.

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
QuebecOkie said:
Called CIC today. Haven't done that in a while, just thought I'd give it a try. I (SURPRISINGLY) got through on the first try. Reached a rather spectacularly unhelpful and not particularly friendly representative. I think he put me on hold for 3 minutes just to make me think he was actually doing something. He told me that my file was still in progress, that he couldn't tell me any more than that, that he couldn't ascertain whether or not my medical/police certificate have been received, that BOTH they are working on Oct 12 apps AND Stage 1 is six months. Then he also told me it would "be a few months" until they looked at my file.

So...stage 1 is "six months," even though Oct 12 was over 9 months ago. Okay.

And...stage 1 is "six months," even though they won't look at my file again for "a few months" (which will put me at a year for stage 1). Okay.

Apparently, in a few years, when I am a citizen, I should go to work for CIC. My fear of basic math will be absolutely NO barrier to employment there, plus I have a much friendlier phone voice than the "gentleman" I spoke with today. My english is already far better than his, and in a few years, my french will likely be fine, as well. HOORAY for career aspirations, lol.

I guess maybe I should draft up a letter for my dear, resistant, allergic-to-administration husband to translate into French to send to our MP. Not that I expect it to do any good. If it was just my app lagging behind, I would be very worried. As it is, most of us seem to be in the same boat. Maybe our MP can at least confirm that my medical results and police certificate are with my file. Blerg.
Quebecokie I was thinking about this lastnight. They changed the date to October 12 yet our MP told us they would look at my file in 4 months.... what is going on?!?!? I was soooo excited to see the change yesterday but last night it subsided. If they are telling us they will deal with our apps in few months then it probably means that the Oct 12 date will remain for more weeks.... we will see in the coming weeks... :'( ???

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@goldmoon

Last night when I made my comment you went on another thread and almost called me ungrateful because I scoffed at the ridiculous 4 day movement in the processing time for over 20 weeks. Anyone is commending this stupid movement as "progress" doesn't want to get their PRs now

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldmoon said:
Quebecokie I was thinking about this lastnight. They changed the date to October 12 yet our MP told us they would look at my file in 4 months.... what is going on?!?!? I was soooo excited to see the change yesterday but last night it subsided. If they are telling us they will deal with our apps in few months then it probably means that the Oct 12 date will remain for more weeks.... we will see in the coming weeks... :'( ???
OR, it means the block is unstuck, they're back on track and next week will see another jump.

:)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
We're all pretty frustrated and tense and disheartened by the even-slower-than-expected timeline. I was glad to FINALLY see some movement, even if it's only a little, and only after an incredible delay.

I'm "lucky," I suppose, as I have something new to piss me off and take my mind off of immigration for a little while, haha. Someone's car rolled across the lot at my husband's work and banged up our bumper, and due to Québec's "no fault" insurance, it seems there's no way to avoid either paying out of pocket OR letting them jack up our insurance rates, even though my husband's car was parked and he wasn't even in it at the time. And still with no guarantee that it won't void our corrosion guarantee (that *should* cover us for another decade, and which is really needed up here, as most cars seem to go to rust quickly with the harsh winters). Ugh. Not a big deal, I know, but "Bunny" (my husband's car - mine is Ginny) is only a year old and was in perfect shape before this.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I have a question that I was wondering about guys, I hope someone has a solid answer for me here!

All of my documents were changed in the USA after my marriage. My drivers license, my social security card, title/registration to my car, credit cards .. you name it. The only thing that I did NOT change was my passport, and that was a two part decision at the time. One was the time frame it would take to send off and receive a new passport in relation to wanting to get the paperwork going. The other part was I still have valid passport for the next 5 years (expires April 2018).

So, obviously, even though all my other documents have my married name, my passport has my previous name, which is what was put on all my PR application stuffs. So, my question is, once my PR is granted, are they going to keep it under my maiden name, or will they change it to my married name? If they won't change it to my married name until my passport is also changed, how would I go about that at the correct time?

Hubby and I are not in a great hurry for my total PR, mostly only my AIP, so would it be better to change my passport now to my married name and let them update it in the case files before the file is finished?

Gah, just so many questions that I am not sure how to answer! LOL

sierra222

Jul 27, 2013
screech339 said:
That is where I got the information on medical check. When you click on medical exam link for more details. It says that medical exams are required for immigrating to Canada. Only the temporary visitor that may get exemption of medical exam.

Screech339
Yes that is true, but when you click on more info it also says you have to have the medical before coming to Canada - which is true for outland sponsorships, but I have been in Canada for 3 years now and applied as an inland sponsorship.

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I've just got my landing letter in the mail. The interview is scheduled for the morning of August 23. I am so happy that the letter arrived this early. However, I have a question to ask. I'm planning to travel to the States for a concert at the end of September and I've heard that they will take away your immigration documents at the interview...Is it true? Does it mean that you cannot travel out of the country until you receive your PR card? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Cheers

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@sierra
You're like doubtful Thomas in the Bible. You MUST do a medical! If CIC didn't ask you for a medical it was a mistake on their part and its contrary to their statutory requirement for PR. If you don't want to be rejected at landing I'll advise you AGAIN to go book a medical and let the doctor send it in

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sierra222 said:
Yes that is true, but when you click on more info it also says you have to have the medical before coming to Canada - which is true for outland sponsorships, but I have been in Canada for 3 years now and applied as an inland sponsorship.
Technically, whether you are landing within Canada or outside Canada, you are still "coming to Canada" to land as a Permanent Resident, and having a medical exam done is one of the mandatory requirements of becoming a Permanent Resident. Medical results for spousal sponsorship, even if the result is not favourable, will not have an effect on becoming a PR but it is still required regardless.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
neyuli said:
Hi,

I've just got my landing letter in the mail. The interview is scheduled for the morning of August 23. I am so happy that the letter arrived this early. However, I have a question to ask. I'm planning to travel to the States for a concert at the end of September and I've heard that they will take away your immigration documents at the interview...Is it true? Does it mean that you cannot travel out of the country until you receive your PR card? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Cheers
Congrats on getting your landing date. I will update timesheet shortly.

As for your questions:

Some CIC offices do take all your immigration papers back, others give it back to you. Immigration papers are CIC's property and they have the right to ask for them back. If they give back to you, good. If not, oh well.

You can travel outside Canada if you travel privately in your car between US and Canada. However if you plan to use a commerical travel, ie bus or train or plane, they will not let you on without your PR card. They do this to prevent getting heavily fined by Canada for allowing undocumented/illegal immigrants to come to Canada without proper IDs.

screech339

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Congrats on getting your landing date. I will update timesheet shortly.

As for your questions:

Some CIC offices do take all your immigration papers back, others give it back to you. Immigration papers are CIC's property and they have the right to ask for them back. If they give back to you, good. If not, oh well.

You can travel outside Canada if you travel privately in your car between US and Canada. However if you plan to use a commerical travel, ie bus or train or plane, they will not let you on without your PR card. They do this to prevent getting heavily fined by Canada for allowing undocumented/illegal immigrants to come to Canada without proper IDs.

screech339
Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm planning on driving. However, if they take away immigration documents, they will take away my OWP, right? Without OWP, can I still travel to the States? I do have TRV valid for 2 years.