20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusty53 said:
Noomay.2011 What city are you in. My wife is Thai and we have landed but are still waiting for PR card to arrive.
@rusty

Hi rusty, long time no see. How you been?

Noomay2011 lives in Vancouver I believe.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
over_jj said:
Quick question here.

I've submitted my Inland application Nov 2012 and received AOR December 3rd 2012. No news after that.
Do you think it is risky to re-entry to Canada if I want to go to Vegas for 4 days considering my current work permit (PGWP) expires Nov 2013??
It is risky to go to vegas and get denied re-entry back to Canada, however you have a work permit which makes a big difference. Canada is likely to let you back in simply because you have a work permit thus allow re-entry. Those with no work permit are more at risk of being denied back into Canada as you don't have papers saying you need to be in Canada to work or study.

Screech339

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
over_jj said:
Quick question here.

I've submitted my Inland application Nov 2012 and received AOR December 3rd 2012. No news after that.
Do you think it is risky to re-entry to Canada if I want to go to Vegas for 4 days considering my current work permit (PGWP) expires Nov 2013??
Hi,

I have a valid work permit and multiple-entry visa (valid till Sept 2013) I have been chicken shit to leave Canada ever since I applied for spousal inland application.

If refused entry, I'm screwed!!

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (sent from Calgary)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
screech339 said:
It is risky to go to vegas and get denied re-entry back to Canada, however you have a work permit which makes a big difference. Canada is likely to let you back in simply because you have a work permit thus allow re-entry. Those with no work permit are more at risk of being denied back into Canada as you don't have papers saying you need to be in Canada to work or study.

Screech339
Thanks Screech339,

I was more concerned about expiry date. (Work permit expires in November 2013)
Will they question me on "Why do you want to come back to Canada with only few months left on work permit?" and "What are you going to do after your work permit expires?"

Can I answer them I've been applied Inland PR ? Would it make even harder for re-entry?

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
hn1234 said:
Hi,

I have a valid work permit and multiple-entry visa (valid till Sept 2013) I have been chicken *censored word* to leave Canada ever since I applied for spousal inland application.

If refused entry, I'm screwed!!
Oh I feel your pain.
My husband and I spent really busy summer, so we would like to have a REAL vacation down in Vegas just for 4 days.
Husband has Canadian Citizenship, so he doesn't know my pain. It's only me worrying about my status.. :(

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
over_jj said:
Thanks Screech339,

I was more concerned about expiry date. (Work permit expires in November 2013)
Will they question me on "Why do you want to come back to Canada with only few months left on work permit?" and "What are you going to do after your work permit expires?"

Can I answer them I've been applied Inland PR ? Would it make even harder for re-entry?
I would not volunteer them that information about applying for inland PR unless asked by them. Let them find out for themselves. If you bring it up, then they may start questioning you why you left, knowing full well you broke the rules of Inland Process.

I don't think they would ask you "why you come back with a few months left of work permit?" You are techincally working until November 2013, so you have a right to continue working, however they do have a right to deny you back in. So don't bring it up. Only answer their questions asked and only that. Nothing more.

The reason I say that you can get away from going to US and coming back into Canada is that there are some people that posted that they have been able to enter US and back into Canada a few times with Inland Process in play. The big thing is that they have US visa to enter and work visa to come back into Canada. Canada Border Agents, I believe, tends to be willing to overlook this slight of rule breaking if you have a work permit, between US and Canada and it is a one time thing. Just don't make a habit out of it as your entries are recorded. I believe Sweetsher just came back from Jamaica recently and she has a OWP. If she didn't have a OWP, she may have more difficulty in convincing agent to come back in.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cant imagine it being a problem at all.

If you bring the documentation proving you have applied via PR that's all you would need to show them as proof. its more than enough to let the officer know

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I cant imagine it being a problem at all.

If you bring the documentation proving you have applied via PR that's all you would need to show them as proof. its more than enough to let the officer know
Yes as long as you bring documentation proving you applied, which you should have on hand anyway, as proof. Although it is more than enough to let the officer know that you applied, the officer now knows you broke the rules of inland process as you are suppose to stay in Canada during the process. Remember the officer has all the rights to decide to let you in or not. That is a lot of power in one person's hand. Imagine showing up at the border and your inland process depends totally on his/her border's hands decision to let you back in or not. That is a scary thought knowing that.

screech339

over_jj

Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan-17-2013
Med's Done....
Sep-10-2012
screech339 said:
I would not volunteer them that information about applying for inland PR unless asked by them. Let them find out for themselves. If you bring it up, then they may start questioning you why you left, knowing full well you broke the rules of Inland Process.

I don't think they would ask you "why you come back with a few months left of work permit?" You are techincally working until November 2013, so you have a right to continue working, however they do have a right to deny you back in. So don't bring it up. Only answer their questions asked and only that. Nothing more.

The reason I say that you can get away from going to US and coming back into Canada is that there are some people that posted that they have been able to enter US and back into Canada a few times with Inland Process in play. The big thing is that they have US visa to enter and work visa to come back into Canada. Canada Border Agents, I believe, tends to be willing to overlook this slight of rule breaking if you have a work permit, between US and Canada and it is a one time thing. Just don't make a habit out of it as your entries are recorded. I believe Sweetsher just came back from Jamaica recently and she has a OWP. If she didn't have a OWP, she may have more difficulty in convincing agent to come back in.

Screech339
Thanks Screech339,

I have a open work permit and US visa, so I'm in the safe zone now.
I'll bring all documents (some record of PR application, marriage certificate, job offer letter from the company ...etc) in case they stop me to come to Canada....

I had really bad experience about Immigration at the airport, it was back in 2006. They questioned on my status and they gave me 1 week of visitor visa to figure it out.
They were like "1 week of visitor visa or you have to leave this country NOW !!" . It was horrifying attitude of them. :(

arhel

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-01-2012 and 28-09-2014
Interview........
12-09-2013
WE secure the help of our MP last tues for a follow up of our application. We have not receive anything since our file was transferred to cic etobicoke last oct. 10. Our MP called this morning said the only reply they got from CIC is "sponsorship for further verification". What is this mean,how come they took them this long and still verification on my part as sponsor? I didn't have any sponsorship since then. Just an overview, i am sponsoring my husband, we've been common law partner before we came here in nov.2010, but this is not recognized in our country. Got married feb. 2012 filed sponsorship last march 2012.
Thinking of sending and outland sponsorship instead, will this be wise? So depressing to wait this long.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
arhel said:
WE secure the help of our MP last tues for a follow up of our application. We have not receive anything since our file was transferred to cic etobicoke last oct. 10. Our MP called this morning said the only reply they got from CIC is "sponsorship for further verification". What is this mean,how come they took them this long and still verification on my part as sponsor? I didn't have any sponsorship since then. Just an overview, i am sponsoring my husband, we've been common law partner before we came here in nov.2010, but this is not recognized in our country. Got married feb. 2012 filed sponsorship last march 2012.
Thinking of sending and outland sponsorship instead, will this be wise? So depressing to wait this long.
You must wait it out, like the rest of us, sadly. You can not send in a different type of sponsorship package after you have already chosen the inland option. I know there is a rule written somewhere on it, but I don't have it handy for this post.

I think you should be OK, and you will probably hear something from them requesting some more documentation or some such information, but I can't be positive on that. It might be because if you just got your PR status yourself in 2010 or in that area they might feel they need to scrutinize it just a bit closer since you got married here on Canadian soil to someone you had a previous relation with in your home country but did not marry then. There are SO MANY scenarios of "what if's and could be's" that it is not worth your effort to stress too long or hard over it.

Waiting is the hardest part of all of us, I think. We have to wait for essentially a total stranger to make a determination about our lives and our relationships with our spouses/partners. But we all do it because we love the one we are with (well, for MOST of the applicants anyhow) and will climb any obstacle placed in front of us to be with them.

Good luck!

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
CIC is driving me nuts.

I am very confused.

I called today to asked if CIC has issued a new COPR already. and she said no. Also she said that my file hasn't transferred yet to Vancouver office. I was like how come? I got DM last APril 9. I am very confused.

Any insights on this.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I can't wait for all this wait to end. Like this isn't living at all. Staying at home day out day in not working. I feel rather restless.

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Doesn't look like they are even updating the website today. The last article I read after arbitration failed said that they were ALL going to walk out from what I understood. So unless the government has a skeleton crew doing basic stuff, nothing may get done. This is frustrating.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
canadianthrower said:
Doesn't look like they are even updating the website today. The last article I read after arbitration failed said that they were ALL going to walk out from what I understood. So unless the government has a skeleton crew doing basic stuff, nothing may get done. This is frustrating.
Even the ones at Vegreville? That is unbelievable. What are we supposed to do.. We have a hard time alright.