+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
Congrats to all who has landed, landing, DM....etc, etc!

Its really nerve wrecking waiting and waiting! Luckily, there is this forum where we support and encourage each other! Keep going.... :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
On a related note on my wife's landing, we brought in all the documents relating to immigration , 2 visitor records. She looked at the recent one and gave it all back to us. I thought they would take them back and destroy them as they are no longer valid and that they are CIC's property.

Screech339

MP

Jun 4, 2013
screech339 said:
MP,

If you leave Canada while inland process is in play, you will likely void your application especially if you intend to work in ireland. If you want to work in ireland while waiting to immigrate to Canada, your best bet is to cancel your inland application and reappy outland in ireland.

Screech339

So my plan was to work remotely from Ireland for the same Canadian company until my owp arrived then return.
I am exploring all options at d moment as I have to try and return home mid month next month.
My understanding is that ur application would only be void if you were refused entry back into Canada

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
MP said:
So I got an email from CIC today telling me no action wud be taken wit my owp until stage 1 of my common law visa is approved.
Pssssh.. Tel me something I don't know!

Application received in vegreville nov16.. They wud want to hurry the heck on.
My application was received on the same day as yours!!!-

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MP said:
So my plan was to work remotely from Ireland for the same Canadian company until my owp arrived then return.
I am exploring all options at d moment as I have to try and return home mid month next month.
My understanding is that ur application would only be void if you were refused entry back into Canada
It does not matter if its a canadian company or not. You are outside canada and you are breaking the one of the rules requirement of inland sponsorship. By working outside Canada you are breaking the requirement that you stay in Canada while the inland process is in order. This is a reason why applicants have 2 choices. Apply outland or inland, each with it own rules, pros and cons. You can't have your cake and eat it too by getting the benefits of outland while applying inland.

Screech339

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
MP,

If you leave Canada while inland process is in play, you will likely void your application especially if you intend to work in ireland. If you want to work in ireland while waiting to immigrate to Canada, your best bet is to cancel your inland application and reappy outland in ireland.

Screech339

correct, if you get refused. however, if you go and WORK in another country, they might have some questions for you, and I don't know how your answers would affect the outcome.

but like screech said, if you cancel your application, you can get refunded parts of what you paid. your timeline would start over though, and then of course you and your spouse would be separated or she/he would be doing something similar in Ireland to what you're experiencing in Canada atm (unless they can get work there also!)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I would be terrified to stay outland with an inland app in process. What if you near the very end of the long process, and you catch flack at the border as you try to come back to land? My only experiences (only entered Canada twice; by air for our house hunting trip, and then by car when we moved) with Canadian border crossings/customs and immigration officers have been very easy and positive, but it just takes ONE person having a bad day to change that. We know another couple (also Canadian/American) where the wife was denied entry at the border because the officer believed she was trying to move to Canada, not just visit. *shudder* When it comes to my ability to live legally with my husband and gain status in this country, I'm taking NO chances.

tin0306

Jun 18, 2013
tozo said:
Well i thought its wise to start the thread for the inland application for 2012 so as help each other to be able to understand the process.

Please feel free to tell your story, explain what you do during your wait, future plans, etc.

Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress.

Best of luck to all inland applicants. Lets stay strong. :-*
Hi! I'm a live-in caregiver program I just got my open work permit last march 2013. So my permanent residence application is onprocess. My boyfriend and I is planning to get marry. So obviously when I applied my permanent residence ladt December 2012 I'm still single with my application. Can I not let the immigration knows that I'm married? I will just declare later on if I got my PR already since I don't want to sponsor him yet until its done?

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
So for sh.ts and giggles called cic today for find out about my application, the very kind and polite agent told me tht inland applications 1st stage is now 8months and it will soon be update on the website and they still working on oct 8 applications! Well not tht I expected anything other than the latter but just wanted to call anyways! So my prayer is oh God help the helpless and make a change soon!

MP

Jun 4, 2013
sounion said:
correct, if you get refused. however, if you go and WORK in another country, they might have some questions for you, and I don't know how your answers would affect the outcome.

but like screech said, if you cancel your application, you can get refunded parts of what you paid. your timeline would start over though, and then of course you and your spouse would be separated or she/he would be doing something similar in Ireland to what you're experiencing in Canada atm (unless they can get work there also!)
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Its just bad timing, being needed at home.. Makes you explore all options you can.
I will leave to visit home if and only if I receive the open work permit in time.
8 months is the new processing time for stage 1? Interesting

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MP said:
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Its just bad timing, being needed at home.. Makes you explore all options you can.
I will leave to visit home if and only if I receive the open work permit in time.
8 months is the new processing time for stage 1? Interesting
Even with an open work permit, you can still get denied to come back into Canada. The OWP will also say "THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY."

Right now for first stage it has been 8 months since last update in website as some are now on their 8 month wait for first stage, even though it says 6 months wait for 1st stage on website.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I'm betting it's over 8 months. Sunday will be 8 months for me. If they're still working on October 8th today, I really don't see them making up the difference between Oct 8 and Oct 23 by the beginning of next week.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
screech339 said:
Hi everyone,

My wife has landed today at etobicoke office.

It is a small office space. Not your typical huge room that you see at ontario service office There were a number of couples waiting. There was one from holland. I asked her how long has she waited since she submitted application. She told me 3 years to land today. So my wife and I are graceful that it took us 10 months.

We went up to the counter when my wife's name was called. The agent asked me for my photo id for id and address confirmation. She reminded me that I am financially responsible for her for the next 3 years. While I agree with that. The issue I had was that my letter stated that I am responsible for 3 years it also said that if sponsored came to Canada as visitor followed by inland sponsorship, then my 3 year responsiblity starts when she entered Canada as a visitor.

Anyway my wife was asked 3 standard questions, have you been convicted in Canada. Have you been denied entry into Canada? 3rd question I don't remember as I was distracted by my 2 kids as the questions were directed at my wife.

After getting COPR in passport, we went back to wait area again to be called back later for SIN application. She has her SIN now. After all that we went to Ontario service office to update her OHIP for status change to permanent OHIP.

The wait for my wife and I is officially done. Just have to wait for PR card and start getting her resume out for job hunting.

Screech339
Hi

I have a question that is been bothering for a while, as I'm waiting for the interview, I saw ppl writing when you go to the interview they ask your partner for photo ID with proof of you both reside in the same address ? Which this will be the drivers licence right.

I'm asking this, because we still live in the same building but moved to a bigger apartment so a different suite #, I renewed my licence last October with our current address but my boyfriend has his licence with the old address, and yesterday we wanted it to change it online but because now there's a new drivers licence (EDL) enhanced driver's licence it says you have to get it personal, so my bf says we can prove we live together because you know mail etc. but Im not that confident about it. Any input will be appreciate it

MP

Jun 4, 2013
screech339 said:
Even with an open work permit, you can still get denied to come back into Canada. The OWP will also say "THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY."

Right now for first stage it has been 8 months since last update in website as some are now on their 8 month wait for first stage, even though it says 6 months wait for 1st stage on website.

Yeah I know your not guaranteed re-entry wit owp.. But really u I don't foresee any issues if I come back with a permit.
I've left the country already twice while PR has been on progress beforey current visa expired and they didn't even mention it. So if I have owl I will take the risk.
I think your right it will be over eight month wait which annoys me, why can't they give a more realistic estimate.

Screech339

Kaela6

May 10, 2013
hockeyfan said:
I am surprised no one's contacted their MP to look into their app for these late October applicants who haven't gotten AIP for stage 1. Once I am over the 6 month mark on my app, I will certainly do so. It doesn't hurt to ask and it might even get something going on your application.
I did contact my MP for the Essex region.. his assistant has been looking into it for a few days now.. haven't heard anything yet- I will post on here if we do though! She said she agreed with us that it was strange that nothing was going on. She also had us sign authorization forms so that she can speak to CIC on our behalf.