20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jillplay said:
Further to my previous post, I just called CIC and an agent informed me that a letter was sent out TODAY from the local office ( Etobicoke ) that our landing date is June 6th !!!!
Congrats Jillplay on your landing date

Congrats to rusty and robotic on their landing. I have updated the timesheets accordingly.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jillplay said:
Further to my previous post, I just called CIC and an agent informed me that a letter was sent out TODAY from the local office ( Etobicoke ) that our landing date is June 6th !!!!
I'm on hold with CIC now while typing this message. We are landing at Etobicoke too but no word. Perhap we get same message as you saying that a letter has been sent and landing date will reveal. It been 7 weeks now.

Screech339

radio777

May 10, 2013
canuck2k said:
I requested GCSM Notes on April 15th. Still haven't received anything.
Penna7 said:
I also aplied for GCSM notes on April 15th, nothing yet!
I applied for GCSM notes on April 19th and received it on May 14.
I also noticed that my DM was before than that.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Got off the phone with CIC. Tells me that the response time for Etobicoke is 7 to 8 weeks. Says to call back next week (no surprise) but give some leeway and call back 2 weeks from now. Strange thing is that he tells me that I'm not the applicant and not authorized to reveal the full info but give general info to the sponsor which is me. That is the first time I was told this. While yes I am not the applicant awaiting PR sponsor, as a sponsor I think I should be entitled to more than just general info. After all, I am responsible for my wife's well being. What happened if sponsored applicant is unable to speak english or french. What then? I think the sponsor should have same rights to all info as sponsored spouse.

Screech339

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
screech339 said:
Got off the phone with CIC. Tells me that the response time for Etobicoke is 7 to 8 weeks. Says to call back next week (no surprise) but give some leeway and call back 2 weeks from now. Strange thing is that he tells me that I'm not the applicant and not authorized to reveal the full info but given general info to the sponsor with is me. That is the first time I was told this. While yes I am not the applicant awaiting PR sponsor, as a sponsor I think I should be entitled to more than just general info. After all, I am responsible for my wife's well being. What happened if sponsored applicant is unable to speak english or french. What then? I think the sponsor should have same rights to all info as sponsored spouse.

Screech339

That happened to us too but we scanned over form imm5475 or 5476, can't remember which one and I was added to the file.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Rusty53 said:
A quick update from Canada's newest PR. We had our landing this morning in Saskatoon. It felt like a let down! I knew exactly how it would play out because of the posts by people before me on the forum. It just seemed that after the wait and all the work involved that in my heart I was hoping that it would be a big deal. I think it was more exciting the last time I got a hair cut!!! The woman from CIC was nice and talked to us as a group, no one had any questions. She then took us in one at a time to complete the paperwork. There was three of us. We were last. Even with that the 90 minutes I put in the parking meter was enough. I asked the two other people if they had used this forum at all and they didn't know what I was talking about. It just goes to show that the list on our spreadsheet is is just a small piece of what CIC does. The only real question they ask is if you have committed a crime and if I am aware of my responsibilities as a sponsor. She had a couple of nonrelevent questions and then sign here and we were done. We idn't even get a "Welcome to Canada" from her. I was so dissapointed. Anyway it is all done.

I want to thank all of my friends here on the forum for all of your support and knowledge. I believe that I have been a part of this forum for about 3 years in one way or another. I don't think that I will leave it forever but I know that my visits will certainly diminish. A special thank you to my friend Wolanila. Lets stay in touch. Also to Schreech for taking over the spreadsheet, you are doing an amazing job. Also to Sandman, "I WIN", it is your turn to buy the beer. To all of you who are still waiting, your turn will come and if you are with the one you truely love then it will be all worth it no matter how long it takes.

Sawadee Krap!!!!

Awwee! I (and Im sure I speak for everyone) appreciate all the time, effort and encouragement you have brought to this forum. Best of luck to you !!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jillplay said:
That happened to us too but we scanned over form imm5475 or 5476, can't remember which one and I was added to the file.
If I had known this, I would have submitted that with the application to begin with. However looking at representative form, at bottom, as a sponsor I have to sign it too. It would imply that I am having someone else access to the process. Strange that I would have to give access to myself? Doesn't make sense.

Anyhoo, when did you submit the form? Early in the process or during DM stage?

Screech339

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
so if we don't get the GCSM Notes in the next few hours I guess I have to complain to the Information Commissioner?

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
screech339 said:
If I had known this, I would have submitted that with the application to begin with. However looking at representative form, at bottom, as a sponsor I have to sign it too. It would imply that I am having someone else access to the process. Strange that I would have to give access to myself? Doesn't make sense.

Anyhoo, when did you submit the form? Early in the process or during DM stage?

Screech339
I did it after AIP. We used a consultant though too, so the form just added me as someone they could release Info to.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jillplay said:
I did it after AIP. We used a consultant though too, so the form just added me as someone they could release Info to.
Makes sense to do it early after AIP or shortly thereafter. No point in filling it out during DM stage when letter could get sent anytime now. I'm only interested if they have sent letter or not. They don't need to reveal when the landing date is. I can get that in letter.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
So again I called CIC on Monday to get an update. Agent told me that background check is in progress but we haven't been approved for step 1 as yet. I asked him why background and security checks now since it was a stage 2 process. He said sometimes CIC does it that way and advised that I call back in a few months

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
So again I called CIC on Monday to get an update. Agent told me that background check is in progress but we haven't been approved for step 1 as yet. I asked him why background and security checks now since it was a stage 2 process. He said sometimes CIC does it that way and advised that I call back in a few months
Fear not JZ, u will get both approvals at once. I can feel it in my bones :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Jillplay

I'm anxious now! But suppose I'm not eligible to be sponsored when they finally read my files. Why they went as far as ordering background checks without kindly issuing AIP. I still believe that when the officer looks at ur files to send out AOR they have an idea whether or not the file would be successful with them at AIP

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
So I finally submitted my owp application online. Hoping it doesn't take the full 35 days to be processed!anyone who did a online application can tell me how long it took? Congrats to all d new PR's of Canada

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Rusty
Congrats!! I can imagine how happy you are feeling now that this daunting process was over. I am still waiting but seems like your guru powers fell asleep in my situation but I understand