+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Jillplay

I'm anxious now! But suppose I'm not eligible to be sponsored when they finally read my files. Why they went as far as ordering background checks without kindly issuing AIP. I still believe that when the officer looks at ur files to send out AOR they have an idea whether or not the file would be successful with them at AIP
That's y whoever is going to Approve u requested them before AIP was granted silly ;) It's just policy they order it so they probably knew you looked like you were going to get AIP and figured they may as well move it along and request it ahead of time. My consultant told me the fact they requested police and med reports before AIP was a good sign. That's what happened with us too.

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
@ Jillplay
jiggyzealous said:
I'm anxious now! But suppose I'm not eligible to be sponsored when they finally read my files. Why they went as far as ordering background checks without kindly issuing AIP. I still believe that when the officer looks at ur files to send out AOR they have an idea whether or not the file would be successful with them at AIP
. Jiggyzealous I totally understand you, every day I think what if I or my husband are not eligible for sponsorship..

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@jillplay

Lol so you believe they'll send both stages at the same time? Hmm!! :-[ doubt it all the same but with God all things are possible

@Sonja
I doubt that there'll be any eligibility issues for me or u. If they doubted us maybe they'd let us know by now. I think its noe a matter of wait and see. It seems as though any doubtful applications will be transferred to local office very early in the process

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ jillplay
End 1 year andlLol so you believe they'll send both stages at the same time? Hmm!! :-[ doubt it all the same but with God all things med are possible

@ Sonja
I doubt that there'll be any eligibility issues for me or u. If they doubted us maybe they'd let us know by now. I think its noe a matter of wait and see. It seems as though any doubtful applications will be transferred to local office very early in the process
Well our journey will end 1 year and 2 days after they received our application - Appl recd June 4 2012, landing date June 6 2013. Appl started Sept 30, requestd police and med reports and further prof that we lived common law on Nov 21 ( This info was required by feb 21). AIP received Feb 26, DM April 18th. All in all a pretty smooth process.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats and good luck to Jesawicked and gjfst who will be landing today.

The timesheets are updated.

Screech339

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Anybody see the CBSA reality show last week on TV. Poor guy from England coming to see his girlfriend was asked what he planned on doing in Canada. He said he was coming to visit his girlfriend and was going to help her with a partition in the basement. That answer almost landed him on a plane back home. The officer told him doing things around the house even if not paid is considered work. I guess doing the dishes and gardening as a hobby would be considered work!!!!!LOL.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Do wish they would get moving on AIP's. My hubby has had 2 job offers while waiting and can't take either. Can just sit a twiddle thumbs.

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I just landed today! It was such an easy and stress free experience. Our interviewer was so nice.

Basically we went in and they called us up to the counter. They asked for the landing interview letter we received and the receipt of the PR fee. They asked us to sit down and wait until our names were called. It was a full house when we were there (Hamilton). I think there was about 7 couples with us. We waited about thirty minutes and our names were called. We went into a room and was greeted by a friendly face. She asked us the basic questions like if I committed a crime, if I have been refused entry to Canada and if I had any dependents that we didn't put on the application. She asked for my passport and pictures, went over and signed some paperwork and told me my responsibilities as a PR. She told us the PR card should arrive in the mail in 2.5 months, boo! Although this couple, who had their interview in hearing range from the lobby, was told it could be 5-8 weeks with people receiving it as early as 3 weeks. Oh well, I guess we will see. She gave us a little booklet and we asked her a few random questions, mostly about travel. When we were finished she shook our hand and told us congratulations. She also told us to wait in the lobby and our names would be called in 10 minutes to receive my permanent SIN.

It was awesome! I feel so relieved right now. This week has been truly a blessing (we also found out a few days ago that I'm expecting :D). We will celebrate this long weekend for sure. Thank you everyone on this forum and especially this thread. I've had so many questions and concerns that was answered thanks to you guys. For that I am truly grateful. I wish everyone the best of luck! It will be your turn next!

Jesa

danseba

Aug 14, 2012
Hi there....is there anyone still waiting to hear from CIC for DM from March 2012??

1st stage got approved on October 4th, 2012 and it's almost 8 months, and I haven't heard anything. The website shows in progress and they received my med results in november last year.

Anyone on the same boat??

Dan

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi!!
I finally landed on May 13!!! My expirience was very possitive. The whole process took about hour and a half. I landed in Vancouver office. I signed some papers she asked me if i commited any crime , my wedding date, and if there was any dependants that i did not include in the application. The only thing i notice in the paper was the date i first came to canada was wrong i told her but she said that it was like that in the application. So i just signed the paper and left didnt want to argue with her. Now waiting for my PR card to apply for my permanent SIN.
Good luck to all of you still waiting! Be patient! God bless!!

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Congrats and good luck to Jesawicked and gjfst who will be landing today.

The timesheets are updated.

Screech339
Thank you!

My landing interview was simple.
They took my work permit and visitor documents than the
3 question ,signature, they checked our passport and id and done.
I applied for my permanent sin there.

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nigea said:
Anybody see the CBSA reality show last week on TV. Poor guy from England coming to see his girlfriend was asked what he planned on doing in Canada. He said he was coming to visit his girlfriend and was going to help her with a partition in the basement. That answer almost landed him on a plane back home. The officer told him doing things around the house even if not paid is considered work. I guess doing the dishes and gardening as a hobby would be considered work!!!!!LOL.
Yeah they all uploaded to youtube , interesting 12 part series.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
gjfst said:
Thank you!

My landing interview was simple.
They took my work permit and visitor documents than the
3 question ,signature, they checked our passport and id and done.
I applied for my permanent sin there.
Congrats!
Which office did you land at, please share your time line

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
gosia said:
Congrats!
@gosia,

You can find gjfst's timeline in the spreadsheet in my footnote.

@ gjfst

Congrats on landing. Glad it went without a hitch.

Screech339

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gosia said:
Congrats!
Timeline is in my signature!
London office.
I requested early landing date because i have to attend on my best friends wedding.
They asked for proof and they squeezed me in. (London isn't busy,that's why this was possible)