30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
Loops said:
HN ... Im the same situation as you, my cousin passed away this past weekend and I was not able to go to the funeral and Im really looking forward to my PR card and flight to visit his grave and spend some quality time with my family! .... I still cant believe how cold they are with this delicate things, I understand that you cant travel and you have to stay here but they should really do some exception in cases like this!
Hi Loops,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I absolutely agree with you.. I still have a valid multiple entry visa but didn't want to risk a refusal while re-entering Canada and getting my application closed out..

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
My Wife called the Call Centre this morning. Same old response. 8 months hasn't past since AIP so don't call until beginning of August!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hn1234 said:
Thank you for raising these concerns. My grandfather had passed away recently and I couldn't make it to his funeral. I can't wait till I can get my PR card and travel back home to atleast be able to visit his grave.
Loops said:
HN ... Im the same situation as you, my cousin passed away this past weekend and I was not able to go to the funeral and Im really looking forward to my PR card and flight to visit his grave and spend some quality time with my family! .... I still cant believe how cold they are with this delicate things, I understand that you cant travel and you have to stay here but they should really do some exception in cases like this!
@ Loops and HN,

I am sorry about your loss regarding your family. It is a little unfair that those who apply outside Canada from a visa exempt country can go back to their home country without jeopardizing the application process, while those to applied inland can't. It is a little cold on CIC's part. However they will argue that if you wanted freedom to fly out without affecting your PR application, should have applied outland to begin with as you were aware of the rule differences between inland and outland procedures.

While I understand your predictament you are in, being stuck in Canada while Inland application, I do believe there should be some exceptions to the rules like these situations, like death in the family. If companies here allow bereavement leave, CIC should allow too for Inland Applicants as well. But if they ever did made changes to the rules regarding that (not bloody likely), it would likely apply to applicant's immediate family only. HN would qualify for bereavement on account it is HN's grandfather. Loops would not as cousins doesn't fall in the category of immediate family.

Screech339

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
Loops said:
Overall, J.K. is a friendly person who takes opinions and suggestions, and i think he has the heart to do something. But the current system has lots of defects/

he explained why it takes so long for the process, cos for >50% of the time, staff have to spend on interview and investigate fraud marriage and sponsorship... he said by tightening the regulations and requirements, rate of fraud has dropped a lot.. so applicants will see a faster pace

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ichbinella said:
Overall, J.K. is a friendly person who takes opinions and suggestions, and i think he has the heart to do something. But the current system has lots of defects/

he explained why it takes so long for the process, cos for >50% of the time, staff have to spend on interview and investigate fraud marriage and sponsorship... he said by tightening the regulations and requirements, rate of fraud has dropped a lot.. so applicants will see a faster pace
While I appreciate J.K in trying to fix the problem which is what he is suppose to do anyway. By tightening the rules and investigating fraud and the like, it require more manpower/hours to do this. So unless he intents to hire more and more agents to tackle the fraud side of the business, it is not going to reduce the number of people who will try to scam the system. Thus I don't see applicants will be seeing a faster pace in the future especially with across the board government cutbacks.

Screech339

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
screech339 said:
While I understand your predictament you are in, being stuck in Canada while Inland application, I do believe there should be some exceptions to the rules like these situations, like death in the family. If companies here allow bereavement leave, CIC should allow too for Inland Applicants as well. But if they ever did made changes to the rules regarding that (not bloody likely), it would likely apply to applicant's immediate family only. HN would qualify for bereavement on account it is HN's grandfather. Loops would not as cousins doesn't fall in the category of immediate family.

Screech339
I actually called CIC to see if there was a small chance to go and be with my family, the agent gave me a straight no, and I actually asked him if it was because it was a cousin and not a direct family member and he said that that has nothing to do with the fact that they wont allow us to go for a few days. I spoke to my boyfriend about this and even thought it was a hard situation I would agree if they said no because he was not a direct family member, that would have calm me a bit more instead of a cold no, at leaset I would know that they try (I know it sounds crazy)

And as you mentioned it before, my employer even told me they can give a letter authorizing my bereavement leave for a few days in case CIC needed it.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
A quick update from Canada's newest PR. We had our landing this morning in Saskatoon. It felt like a let down! I knew exactly how it would play out because of the posts by people before me on the forum. It just seemed that after the wait and all the work involved that in my heart I was hoping that it would be a big deal. I think it was more exciting the last time I got a hair cut!!! The woman from CIC was nice and talked to us as a group, no one had any questions. She then took us in one at a time to complete the paperwork. There was three of us. We were last. Even with that the 90 minutes I put in the parking meter was enough. I asked the two other people if they had used this forum at all and they didn't know what I was talking about. It just goes to show that the list on our spreadsheet is is just a small piece of what CIC does. The only real question they ask is if you have committed a crime and if I am aware of my responsibilities as a sponsor. She had a couple of nonrelevent questions and then sign here and we were done. We idn't even get a "Welcome to Canada" from her. I was so dissapointed. Anyway it is all done.

I want to thank all of my friends here on the forum for all of your support and knowledge. I believe that I have been a part of this forum for about 3 years in one way or another. I don't think that I will leave it forever but I know that my visits will certainly diminish. A special thank you to my friend Wolanila. Lets stay in touch. Also to Schreech for taking over the spreadsheet, you are doing an amazing job. Also to Sandman, "I WIN", it is your turn to buy the beer. To all of you who are still waiting, your turn will come and if you are with the one you truely love then it will be all worth it no matter how long it takes.

Sawadee Krap!!!!

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Still waiting for Etobicoke office to contact us for my common law's landing date; we got Stage 2 approval on April 18th. But while I'm waiting, we may as well prepare for the landing interview ;)

What documents do they mean when they say on the letter " Bring all original identification documents at the time of our appointment".

Do they just mean bring his birth certificate from his home country ?

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey guys!!! I landed!!!! Y'all have absolutely NOTHING to be nervous about!! My agent was soooo nice, took like 20 min or less....no personal questions, nothing intimidating!....I wish everyone the best of luck and hope everyone gets their PR soon!! Oh and I asked about traveling across the border and they said there shouldn't be a problem but can't guarantee :) ill be back soon to let y'all knw when I get my card in the mail!!

Screech! Keep me updated with u when u get ur letter k!

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
Rusty53 said:
A quick update from Canada's newest PR. We had our landing this morning in Saskatoon. It felt like a let down! I knew exactly how it would play out because of the posts by people before me on the forum. It just seemed that after the wait and all the work involved that in my heart I was hoping that it would be a big deal. I think it was more exciting the last time I got a hair cut!!! The woman from CIC was nice and talked to us as a group, no one had any questions. She then took us in one at a time to complete the paperwork. There was three of us. We were last. Even with that the 90 minutes I put in the parking meter was enough. I asked the two other people if they had used this forum at all and they didn't know what I was talking about. It just goes to show that the list on our spreadsheet is is just a small piece of what CIC does. The only real question they ask is if you have committed a crime and if I am aware of my responsibilities as a sponsor. She had a couple of nonrelevent questions and then sign here and we were done. We idn't even get a "Welcome to Canada" from her. I was so dissapointed. Anyway it is all done.

I want to thank all of my friends here on the forum for all of your support and knowledge. I believe that I have been a part of this forum for about 3 years in one way or another. I don't think that I will leave it forever but I know that my visits will certainly diminish. A special thank you to my friend Wolanila. Lets stay in touch. Also to Schreech for taking over the spreadsheet, you are doing an amazing job. Also to Sandman, "I WIN", it is your turn to buy the beer. To all of you who are still waiting, your turn will come and if you are with the one you truely love then it will be all worth it no matter how long it takes.

Sawadee Krap!!!!
I didn't get any welcome to canada either, that lady was not very professional. She didn't even dress in a professional manner. But i'm glad the process is over. Congrats.

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Further to my previous post, I just called CIC and an agent informed me that a letter was sent out TODAY from the local office ( Etobicoke ) that our landing date is June 6th !!!!

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
Rusty53 said:

Sawadee Krap!!!!
Sawadee kha Rusty53

Congrats to you and your Thai wife that she finally landed.

For me I have to wait for awhile. Hopefully I'll get AIP and Open Work Permit next month.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jillplay said:
Hi Everyone,

Still waiting for Etobicoke office to contact us for my common law's landing date; we got Stage 2 approval on April 18th. But while I'm waiting, we may as well prepare for the landing interview ;)

What documents do they mean when they say on the letter " Bring all original identification documents at the time of our appointment".

Do they just mean bring his birth certificate from his home country ?
You need the letter that tells you your appointment
Your passport
2 pictures
If you have a work permit or visitor visa they must be brought
Your reciept showing that you paid all your fees
Your spouse must also be there with identification (I took my passport)
Thats it