+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Just an update!! My frend did her interview today in etobicoke. She said all they ask her is if she has ever been convicted of crime here or abroad and if she has ever worked in canada!!!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!

I just wanted to share this with you and hear your opinion ...

I received very bad news from back home today... a member of my family passed away last night, and well I really wanted to go there and be with my family, say good bye to my cousin (we where always very close) and well you know ...

I called CIC in the morning and see if it was possible to have any type of permission to go for a few days since I am waiting for my Landing Interview date, I know I cant leave Canada since my visa is already expired I told them I can get the papers including the death certificate translated ASAP and a letter from work authorizing me to leave for a few days so I can get any visa or permit or whatever and the answer was a firm ...NO!

The guy clearly hear my voice was cutting while I was talking to him and he told me i had to apply for a visa and will take me up to a month to get it and it might affect my process ... I am honestly disappointed about this, I understand it is part of the process to stay here while you do all this long application but not being able to leave to be with your family in a moment like this I don't get it!!!

Anyway, I just want to get my Landing Interview now more than ever and get my PR card as soon as I can to fly home and go visit him on his place of rest... please help me with your prayers for him.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
krissikris said:
Question for anyone who can answer. My common law spouse and I have submitted an inland application to sponsor him (who is in Canada) and his 2 girls (who are still in Jamaica) immigration has sent the girls a package of papers to fill out, im assuming its another application? does anyone know why they have sent them these forms to fill out when they are minors and have been included in our original application?
I have a friend and the same thing was sent to his children. I guess it must be standard. It odd to me that they forward docs to minors ( his daughter is only 6) and it sat in the postal office in Jamaica for 4 mths before they even found out anything was there!

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
sweetsher said:
Just an update!! My frend did her interview today in etobicoke. She said all they ask her is if she has ever been convicted of crime here or abroad and if she has ever worked in canada!!!
strange that they ask if she ever worked in canada... not sure if that question is relevant to becoming a PR... but good to hear it is straight forward... thanks for sharing :)

nishika

Mar 28, 2013
So sorry to hear about your loss, Loops. I wish CIC could understand the emotions of people. I pray for your entire family. Take care.

Loops said:
Hi guys!

I just wanted to share this with you and hear your opinion ...

I received very bad news from back home today... a member of my family passed away last night, and well I really wanted to go there and be with my family, say good bye to my cousin (we where always very close) and well you know ...

I called CIC in the morning and see if it was possible to have any type of permission to go for a few days since I am waiting for my Landing Interview date, I know I cant leave Canada since my visa is already expired I told them I can get the papers including the death certificate translated ASAP and a letter from work authorizing me to leave for a few days so I can get any visa or permit or whatever and the answer was a firm ...NO!

The guy clearly hear my voice was cutting while I was talking to him and he told me i had to apply for a visa and will take me up to a month to get it and it might affect my process ... I am honestly disappointed about this, I understand it is part of the process to stay here while you do all this long application but not being able to leave to be with your family in a moment like this I don't get it!!!

Anyway, I just want to get my Landing Interview now more than ever and get my PR card as soon as I can to fly home and go visit him on his place of rest... please help me with your prayers for him.

silver_oaks

Apr 19, 2013
Robotic said:
Hey for the landing interview...does the sponsor need passport photos too? Or just the applicant?
For the landing interview your spouse would need two photographs of a specific size. These photos are not the same size as passport photographs. You may check the specifications by following this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.

They fix one photo on the COPR and keep it and return a copy of the COPR along with one photo back to you.

silver_oaks

Apr 19, 2013
So guys basically wife now is a PR. Had our landing interview yesterday in Scarborough. The following procedure took place. We went there. Waited until someone from the office came and got all of us waiting. We all went to a waiting room and sat there. First there was attendance and then we were all called in to a citizenship exam room where we sat down and the officer handed out our COPR papers to check if everything was in order and if there was a mistake on the form. We all checked it and people with mistakes pointed them out. People who were planning to move to a different address were given a change of address form. Then the officer called people with children and then alphabetically. When our turn came the officer checked my ID my wife's ID. She asked us if she had been convicted of a crime and if she had any children not declared and made her sign the COPR and attached a picture to it and returned one back to us.

I also asked her about us applying for a SIN card using the COPR and she said that officers from the SIN office work with them when they have landing interviews, however as it is a Saturday no one is here. If a SIN officer was there we could have applied for the SIN right there using the COPR, however if we goto an office with the COPR we will not be entertained. I even mentioned that it is on the website that we could get the SIN using COPR and she said "trust me you wont be able to get the SIN using COPR you would need a PR card."

Any questions let me know and i will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
silver_oaks said:
I even mentioned that it is on the website that we could get the SIN using COPR and she said "trust me you wont be able to get the SIN using COPR you would need a PR card."
=( wasn't this 50% of the reason to make it a COPR... so people could have the same privilages but just need to still be together after 2 years!?
This worries me a little..

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@krissikris

Yah although they're minors they're separate applicants. My friend had docs sent to Jamaica for his three kids too. The wait gets worse because Kingston is 17 months and you'll not land here until they get medical clearance. The only thing they'll be exempt from is the.background and security checks

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone go to the landing interview without his/her visitor visa?

Mine is at my lawyers,i received my work permin a couple days after my visa so i didn't need it.
Do i have to have it? ( my lawyer live 2 hr away and i don't want to drive there just for that)
I don't have time for post because my landing date is this friday...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats to silver_oaks and brandy444 on their landing over the weekend.

I remember Brandy mentioned about trying to reschedule. I haven't read on any updates on her new rescheduled landing date. So as of now, I'm going to assume brandy has landed on may 11. I will update with new date once I get confirmation from brandy.

Good luck to Liz1986 and Django who have their landing date today. Look forward to hearing about your landing today.

The timesheets are all updated accordingly.

Screech339