20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
computergeek said:
Which is why I said "This isn't a rejection, you just cannot land unless you have paid it."

Indeed only (1) leads to a permanent rejection. The others require that you take some sort of corrective action - e.g., that your file isn't REALLY ready. For someone who experiences such things it would seem like rejection, but these are all very rare.

Real rejections come long before the landing interview.
Or the sponsor stupidly said "NO" to a question "Do you want to continue the sponsorship".

Yes. Most outright rejections occurs long before the landing interview. But it is normal rare to get outright rejected at landing interview.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
Or the sponsor stupidly said "NO" to a question "Do you want to continue the sponsorship".
LOL. I suspect a sponsor that said that at the landing interview would make (1) the case anyway!

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Last week we spoke to the deputé here in Magog because we still havent heard anything from vegreville.
He called monday and the person in the call center said " oh there was a mistake, the CSQ is already there but someone forgot to press the button "CSQ arrived"..... ahhhhhh i called 3 times, and no one noticed that????
I am glad the deputé called.
and today...
i got DM!!!!!!!

Wohoooo now i have to wait for Montreal office!! hope my landing interview is soon!!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Serenity
Congratulations!!!! Didn't I tell you to call and not sit and wait?? I'm so happy that you are done!!! Pray for us waiting

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
jiggyzealous said:
Serenity
Congratulations!!!! Didn't I tell you to call and not sit and wait?? I'm so happy that you are done!!! Pray for us waiting
yeah i did call, but they never seen anything... weird.
but i am so glad that i finally have DM.
Hope you will get your DM soon!!! :)

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Wow, cic updated their website and still saying octber 8,:( . These ppl have us playing the waiting game, and acts like its nothing! For all those anticipating AIP my prayers r with u! I am here hoping I get dm soon but I guess I shud be counting my blessings!!! I sent my OWP by mail on march 6, and still not. A word!! :(

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
sweetsher said:
Wow, cic updated their website and still saying octber 8,:( . These ppl have us playing the waiting game, and acts like its nothing! For all those anticipating AIP my prayers r with u! I am here hoping I get dm soon but I guess I shud be counting my blessings!!! I sent my OWP by mail on march 6, and still not. A word!! :(
You should have done an online application.

barley

Oct 7, 2011
Thank you Rusty and Screech for the dedication on maintaining the spreadsheet, and the current color definition makes it even easier to understand.

There are a couple of corrections that could be made to mine (app sent April 2012 in case that helps you locate it):
OWP was 'sent in with the application'- the date in October that's currently recorded was 'receipt' of the OWP.
Medical was sent in October, not with the application.

Congrats to all who are moving smoothly through the process and receiving their good news!!

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
My wife finally got her landing date. June 25 at Scarborough.

By the way, on the letter where it says the things we need to bring to the interview, it says "All documents issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada".
For those that have been to the interview already, what documents do they expect from you? (I know it could be case by case, but just want a general idea).
I have already gather all the letters issued by CIC like my wife's current study permit and on-campus work permit, the AIP letter, and the DM letter (printed from pdf sent by IO).
The TRV is a sticker in the passport, so I guess they can see in the passport to know my wife has legal status in Canada currently and during the year of waiting.
However, we no longer have the original study permit and the extended study permit for the first 2 years when my wife first came to Canada as a student, because when we were returning back from our USA trip last x'mas, the Canadian border officers said the expired permits should be removed from the passport and they took it. At that time, since it is expired and really serve no purpose on any applications (and we had a new one that is valid anyways), we didn't thought of asking them to return it back to us. Do you think that will become a problem when we have the landing interview?...... Nervous and excited!

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
silver_oaks said:
Finally got my landing interview letter in the mail. Interview is scheduled on a Saturday 11 May 2013. Scarborough CIC Office is open on Saturday and they do conduct interviews. Letter states that

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for......

You must attend the interview with the following:
- Valid passport.
- Your sponsor.
- 2 photos.
- all documents issued by CIC
- Proof of TRV
- Notice of seizure form (if it applies to you)

IMPORTANT

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada an your file may be closed.

Will let you guys know how the interview went and what was asked in it.
Exactly same wording as the letter we got from Scarborough CIC. We got the time 8:15am. I wonder if we line-up there with others that are schduled for 8:15am as well or that is the time-slot dedicated to us only.

Also, when you finish your interview, can you let us know how it goes? Thank you :)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Screech I like your spreadsheet. Very easy to look at :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
@ Victorswife

Thanks for the advice to shorten the url link. Makes it a lot easier to write details of each link. I really appreciated it. Not just me, also for everyone that clicks on the links as well. Easier for them to know the differences.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Everyone, I have updated the timesheets. I compared Rusty's timesheet line by line. I corrected each user's timeline as best as I can. If I have your individual timeline incorrect, please let me know.

I have removed some people from the sheet due to lack of info, ie only one date submitted, or lack of input from user to forum or timesheet. If I removed you in error, let me know and I will gladly put you back on.

@ Serenity487. Congrats on getting DM. Hopefully you get a letter from Montreal shortly. Could you also provide me with your AIP date. I noticed that your AIP date is not filled in. I appreciate it.

@ walter8299. Congrats on receiving your landing date.

@ Barley. I corrected your timeline.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
wolanila said:
Hey Screech I like your spreadsheet. Very easy to look at :)
Thank wolanila,

Glad you like the spreadsheet. You are welcome to use it as a guide for your 2013 inlander sheet if you wish.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.