Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
gjfst said:
Hey , Just some info for the ones who waiting for the Landing letter.
My local office just sent me a letter that i have to pay the Right of PR fee!
They DO NOT schedule an appointment before i pay it online and i send them the receipt by mail :/

Did anyone go into the local cic office without appointment? Do they still have a walk in service?
I think i'll try to drop off the receipt...
I wonder if that's the reason why my wife hasn't receive a letter from the Scarborough office regarding her landing interview.
We received the DM on april 3, heard nothing ever since... According to the DM letter (emailed from the IO), we haven't pay the $490 fee yet, but it didn't indicate we must pay before the landing date can be given. Just say we must pay before the documents can be release at the office, and so I was planning to pay the fee a few days before her landing date.

Either way, I made the payments a moment ago and printed 2 copies of the receipt. Anyone know where I can submit this receipt or their system automatically sees we paid, and we just bring the receipt as proof on the landing date?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Brandy :D ;D ;D :D :D ;) :)
Congratulations!! I'm 8 days behind you. Go Brandy go! Go Brandy good!! Did u ever contact CIC throughout the process of your application? Did the agent make u feel like u were making any progress?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Brandy444 said:
Received a letter via email today regarding our application:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in SCARBOROUGH will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."

I think this is AIP & DM all in one day, right guys? I'm crying and shaking all at once! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats to you brandy.

It appears that so far the toronto October applicants are getting DM and AIP same time and all landing at scarborough.

Could this be a trend or mearly a coincidence?

Screech339

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
congrats brandy444 dts great .....!!!!! make sure u have fun tonight because its official!!!

Brandy444

Apr 4, 2013
sunsun said:
@ Jiggy... LOL
@ Brandy444... Congratulation
jiggyzealous said:
@ Brandy :D ;D ;D :D :D ;) :)
Congratulations!! I'm 8 days behind you. Go Brandy go! Go Brandy good!! Did u ever contact CIC throughout the process of your application? Did the agent make u feel like u were making any progress?
screech339 said:
Congrats to you brandy.
It appears that so far the toronto October applicants are getting DM and AIP same time and all landing at scarborough.
Could this be a trend or mearly a coincidence?
Screech339
folks-g said:
congrats brandy444 dts great .....!!!!! make sure u have fun tonight because its official!!!
Thanks guys!

@Jiggy; nope, I never called them. I didn't really see the point. They have no information in the system really until you at least get AIP (meaning, from my viewpoint no one has literally picked up your packet). I think you just have to be patient and this forum has really helped me. Had I not found it, I'd be losing the faith. Instead, seeing progress on others and them being close to my date helped me get through that "10/5 listed for 4 weeks" period, which was especially hard because I just cancelled a trip for a close friends wedding two weeks ago and another close friend's 1st baby shower last. You're coming up -- just gotta wait it out!

@Screech; I'm an actuary (so if you don't know what that means, it's that I do prob & stat and I'm a mathematician). It does seem a bit coincidental but we don't have near enough of a large sample to make any conclusions. I just say its random luck / they're trying to clear out applications prior to the 10/25 date change in rules. Again, just IMHO.

@folks-g; Oh I couldn't agree more. The weather in Toronto is beautiful and both my CLS and I have already made plans to leave work early and enjoy a patio this evening.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi,Rusty... Is this CPC-V ?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&gs_rn=11&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=12&gs_id=1o&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45921128,d.aWc&biw=1366&bih=667&q=map+of+vegreville+alberta&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x53a09c46f669a723:0xe411b3727f789924,Vegreville,+AB&gl=ca&sa=X&ei=cmmBUe3-FuaeywHBsoFw&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q8gEwAA

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
12 days to landing :D! Does anyone know if i need to leave the border and come back in to get my pr?. I know a few people that did that in the past but i'm not sure if its still being done

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Screech
I could be very wrong but I don't believe AIP and DM are any coincident. Why? I believe when the officer examined your file to send an AOR he or she might be able see if both stages will be completed at the same time and order background checks so by first stage is due, they might have results for security check and medical check; so the next step would DM. At aor if the officer wasn't satisfied with initial examination file might be transferred to local office then

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Django_unleashed said:
12 days to landing :D! Does anyone know if i need to leave the border and come back in to get my pr?. I know a few people that did that in the past but i'm not sure if its still being done
Don't think you are required to leave canada to get PR. You get PR landing status when you get COPR at landing office.

Screech339

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Jiggy... You can ask PMM , I always wonder who is he ? He has been in this forum since 2006 or since the first time this website was created ? Is he a Visa Officer or a lawyer or a consultant or .......??

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
it's been 3 weeks but i haven't heard from Vancouver office still with regard to my appointment date..

congrats to those who got dm's and aip though

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadaeh1234 said:
it's been 3 weeks but i haven't heard from Vancouver office still with regard to my appointment date..

congrats to those who got dm's and aip though
@ canadaeh,

If you think 3 weeks wait is bad, we have been waiting almost 5 weeks from Etobicoke and no letter yet. Just have to sit patiencely.

Screech339

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Brandy444 said:
Received a letter via email today regarding our application:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in SCARBOROUGH will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."

I think this is AIP & DM all in one day, right guys? I'm crying and shaking all at once! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! CONGRATS!!! It must be soooo exciting! I cant wait for my (my husbands) turn!!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Sunsun
Seems like next week will be our week :'( :D. Anxious and excited in one.

@thagirl123
We are claiming AIP and DM at once in Jesus' name........ say AMEN!!!