20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Penna7 said:
In my letter indicates date and for time it says from 9-11.30 or 1-2.30pm. We are going after lunch and I believe just stay in a line and wait for our turn.
A range of time makes sense as it was assume you would wait in line like everyone else during the time alloted. Otherwise if a specific time was made, it may imply that you can skip the line and go directly to counter for appointment.

Screech339

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Hello gjfst!

I did the payment the next day I got my DM nad sent a copy to CIC in Alberta, I received a letter from my CIC office (Montreal) yesterday with the instructions for pictures and a form to confirm my information, and apparently once they receive this I'll get the appointment... Did you receive some instructions as well?? You can always call CIC and see if you can ask to which office do you need to send it, and to make thins faster, send it by mail on xpresspost it arrives next day (A bit more expensive but faster and safer). As far as I know you can not pass by the office and drop the documents at least not in Montreal, but each office is different.

Hope it helps!!
Thank you , i got the letter about the cee from my local office so i Just drove there and gave them the receipt.
Right now i am waiting for the officer to call me if they can give me an appointment before may 22.
I have a really important wedding in my home country on the 25th...

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
it will likely say "DOES NOT PERMIT RE-ENTRY". So by leaving Canada with this new visa record can cause a lot of headache if the border agent sees this little note despite having a valid visa.

Screech339
Hi Screech actually when I was on a closed work permit I travelled to the USA using a work permit that says "DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY" I went to CIC calgary first and asked them if I can travel without a visa since I am from a visa required country. They say it was fine (for US and St pierre only) and I didn't have any problems at the airlines and border. It seems a bit risky to travel outside Canada while an inland sponsorship is pending since you have to start over if for any reason you get denied entry. A lot of people here seemed to have been able to go and back with no problems though. Personally i'd prefer to wait for the pr card cuz I get so paranoid sometimes , its just not worth the worry.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Liz1986 said:
Hi everyone!!! And congrats for the AIP and DMs!!!
I want to know if my husband ( my sponsor) need to come with me to the landing interview eventhough they don't mention his name in the letter??

Thanks a lot!!
Hello yes he has to come. It says so on the letter that if you are sponsored by someone, the sponsor should be with you. I read one guy here who came to landing interview without his sponsor and they had to reschedule his landing appointment when his sponsor is available to come with him

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jenny12345 said:
Hi Screech actually when I was on a closed work permit I travelled to the USA using a work permit that says "DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY" I went to CIC calgary first and asked them if I can travel without a visa since I am from a visa required country. They say it was fine (for US and St pierre only) and I didn't have any problems at the airlines and border. It seems a bit risky to travel outside Canada while an inland sponsorship is pending since you have to start over if for any reason you get denied entry. A lot of people here seemed to have been able to go and back with no problems though. Personally i'd prefer to wait for the pr card cuz I get so paranoid sometimes , its just not worth the worry.
@ jenny

I did make a note that if you had a open work permit, it should not be a problem leaving canada as on account that you have a work permit even though it says "do not permit re-entry". I think it is still risky to leave canada even to US or st.peirre. Every border agent is different thus most may not have a problem with you coming back. However if you got one that noticed that "do not permit re-entry" you have a harder time explaining yourself leaving Canada in the first place.

I had a similiar incident regarding my Temporary work visa to US. I asked that if I imported my car into US for state plates, would it violate my visa since it specified that I must show "bonafide non-immigrant intent". He said that while he doesn't have a problem with me having state plates on my Canadian car, he doesn't have any say on how other border agent interpret that rule against me. Thus I can legally lose my US job at the US border on account of having state plates on my car. Having state plates could be interpreted as immigrant intent. And since I have read reports online that TN temporary visa holders lost their visa on account of that. I couldn't chance it.

Screech339

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Guys,

Just talked with CIC agent, about my application. When I received my AIP in november 2012, they had requested a new medical. I had already submitted the meds with the application in June. So the thing that had happened was , the meds I had sent in June, didn't get updated in their system. After my immigration rep contacted CIC, they followed up with an email, that meds are received. And my ECAS also shows meds received.

Now today I spoke with the agent, and he tells me, that meds are not there in their system ??? . But Ecas shows medicals received. Any body experienced , this before? I am really upset, about how the CIC works. I had called the agent in december , and she said meds are in their system . I am really worried, any help will be appreciated. :'(

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
canham2012 said:
Now today I spoke with the agent, and he tells me, that meds are not there in their system ??? . But Ecas shows medicals received. Any body experienced , this before? I am really upset, about how the CIC works. I had called the agent in december , and she said meds are in their system . I am really worried, any help will be appreciated. :'(
Something similar happened to me with the CSQ! ...My recomendation: Call again and speak with someone else!! I did that, the 1st time, I called, a guy told me they had nothing on file, this was after almost 2 months since I sent it. Got stressed and decided to call again later during the day, a nice lady answered this time and she told me they have them on file, but probably the previous agent only read the last notes on the file and that is why he said they didnt have anything! ... She asked me the aprox date that it was sent and confirmed to me that they got it 2 days after, so she actually took time to look and read my file to help me!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Loops said:
Something similar happened to me with the CSQ! ...My recomendation: Call again and speak with someone else!! I did that, the 1st time, I called, a guy told me they had nothing on file, this was after almost 2 months since I sent it. Got stressed and decided to call again later during the day, a nice lady answered this time and she told me they have them on file, but probably the previous agent only read the last notes on the file and that is why he said they didnt have anything! ... She asked me the aprox date that it was sent and confirmed to me that they got it 2 days after, so she actually took time to look and read my file to help me!
My Immigration representative had faxed CIC, and they replied back with a fax that they have meds. And after that my ECAS was updated that meds are received. I have asked my Immigration reps to follow up on this. I was hoping to get this to conclusion, and this medicals confusion, has really stressed me.

silver_oaks

Apr 19, 2013
canham2012 said:
Guys,

Just talked with CIC agent, about my application. When I received my AIP in november 2012, they had requested a new medical. I had already submitted the meds with the application in June. So the thing that had happened was , the meds I had sent in June, didn't get updated in their system. After my immigration rep contacted CIC, they followed up with an email, that meds are received. And my ECAS also shows meds received.

Really sorry to hear this happened, however sometimes these agents misinform you. Call again and you would get a different answer. If ECAS says that medicals have been received then they must have them and the agent is not giving you the right information. My suggestion call again and talk to another one of cic call centre reps and see how they handle your query.

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
silver_oaks said:
Really sorry to hear this happened, however sometimes these agents misinform you. Call again and you would get a different answer. If ECAS says that medicals have been received then they must have them and the agent is not giving you the right information. My suggestion call again and talk to another one of cic call centre reps and see how they handle your query.
Thanks for the support. I have asked my immigration representative to follow up on this. But he said he has a fax from CIC , stating that meds have received. But still I want to double check.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
canham2012 said:
My Immigration representative had faxed CIC, and they replied back with a fax that they have meds. And after that my ECAS was updated that meds are received. I have asked my Immigration reps to follow up on this. I was hoping to get this to conclusion, and this medicals confusion, has really stressed me.
Honestly I think they dont understand how hard and stressful is this process, in my case my ECASwas really NEVER updated, and only 2 days after I got my DM they change it on Ecas, so I never really saw any medicals or police check update. It just frustraiting! And well I called them like 1347128731982748 times because I didnt know what was happening!!!!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Loops said:
Honestly I think they dont understand how hard and stressful is this process, in my case my ECASwas really NEVER updated, and only 2 days after I got my DM they change it on Ecas, so I never really saw any medicals or police check update. It just frustraiting! And well I called them like 1347128731982748 times because I didnt know what was happening!!!!
So true, I think the cic agents, should have updated information. As its very stressful for us, if they give us any information.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Robotic said:
Can you travel with your COPR without any problems or do you have to wait for your actual pr card to travel?
I think you can travel with COPR since you have offically landed and your name is in the system. It is not like you gotten COPR outside canada first before landing in Canada. Plus I think it is rather unfair of you to be stuck in Canada after landing waiting for PR card.

Screech339