+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Rusty53 said:
Congratulations Jillplay. Yes you can Woop Woop now! I agree with my friend Wolanila. I would tell your consultant to take a hike. I am betting that you have learned more on this forum in the past week than you did through your consultant period. Welcome to stage 2.
Yes, I need to look into how I cancel them! I was so frightened to start the process that I figured it would be easier if they did it. But it seems based in everything that has happened to date, I'm the one doing the work so I should keep my 3000 bucks!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jillplay said:
Yes, I need to look into how I cancel them! I was so frightened to start the process that I figured it would be easier if they did it. But it seems based in everything that has happened to date, I'm the one doing the work so I should keep my 3000 bucks!
3000 bucks! Hell, I would have done it for half that! LOL

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
figtoria said:
Getting AIP gives you implied status.
Can you cite to a source for this claim? My understanding, based upon my own reading and discussions on this forum is that it is the temporary status document that gives one status. The ability to apply via the inland process when out-of-status is a "public policy" but is [ul]not[/ul] part of the regulations.

Under the current Regulations, applicants in this spouse or common-law partner in Canada class
must have a valid temporary resident status on the date of application and on the date they
receive permanent resident status to be eligible to be members of the class.
Source: IP 8 "Spouse or Common-law Partner In Canada Class"

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@computergeek,

What takes precedence dealing with the out of status applicant? Does the officer abide by what the regulations say or the public policy? It can't be both, so where is the common ground dealing with out of status applications like mine? To me the officer can only use one f the extremes; not both

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
jiggyzealous said:
@ computergeek,

What takes precedence dealing with the out of status applicant? Does the officer abide by what the regulations say or the public policy? It can't be both, so where is the common ground dealing with out of status applications like mine? To me the officer can only use one f the extremes; not both
Good point Jiggyzealous!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jiggyzealous said:
Normally the officer will abide by the public policy; there would need to be a reason for determining the applicant is not covered by the public policy.

But my point is that if you can return to status, it's better to do so as it's much easier to whip out a work permit and show it than it is to point to a long winded CIC document explaining a "public policy".

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
wolanila said:
When did your visa expire? I could be wrong but you might have some problems getting a health card being out of status. This is something you might want to look into. I know here in Saskatchewan we were asked for a document to prove she had status as a resident in Canada. If you have not extended your visa you can restore your status with in 90 days and then apply for an extension. Although I think I remember some people saying that if you are applying for PR that you don't need to restore your status and that you can apply for an OWP with your PR application and that they will process your OWP even if you are out of status. Im not sure if you can apply online or if you would have to send your application to Vegreville in this case. Just something to maybe look into. Computergeek knows a lot about that kind of stuff.

You should call your consultant and ask if they have received any correspondence. In my opinion I think you should fire your consultant as they were not very good at informing you of all your options, unless of course you have other reasons for hiring one. I know many people who say consultants are useless and that if you have a big enough problem that you need help that hiring an immigration lawyer is much better. We never used a consultant and everything turned out just fine. I think you can do a better job handling things on your own and with the help of other people in this forum. If you do fire your Consultant don't forget to take them off your account as a representative and ask CIC to resend any letters that were sent out to your Home address.

Congratulations on First Stage approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you well
You know I going to look into firing them! I asked them last week how to go about filing our income tax return and she told me call CRA. You would think she had the answer to that ? Wouldn't you?

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I have received my OWP. Was hoping I would get my PR so that I could save the $150 but I guess they will take their sweet time with that. Now I have a question. I know some people are leaving the country and coming back with an OWP but with multiple entry. So does this means I now have to apply for multiple entry visa to be able to come back to the country? Thanks

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@computergeek
The loaded language of immigration is such that you question t he officer's ability to make an informed decision on a case. Well i did go ahead and applied for the owp. So I hope my file is on an officer's desk that when I'm qualified for aip I could get back some status

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pearl75 said:
Hello everyone!

I have received my OWP. Was hoping I would get my PR so that I could save the $150 but I guess they will take their sweet time with that. Now I have a question. I know some people are leaving the country and coming back with an OWP but with multiple entry. So does this means I now have to apply for multiple entry visa to be able to come back to the country? Thanks
I have entered the info into the spreadsheet. I am waiting for my work permit and hoping it is very soon. Can you please tell me when you applied for the work permit and if you did it online or paper copy. Congrats!

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
pearl75 said:
Hello everyone!

Hi

Yes I had leave the country twice, to Seattle for the weekend, and after to Mexico for a week, I have OWP and multiple entry visa, so of course you need to have a valide document (which is the visa) to entry the country if you are from a country that requires it. Single visa will just let you in once.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rusty,

I applied online on 24th of Jan. It took 1.5 month and 2-3 days. They sent the letter on 9th March but i received it just half an hour ago :) so I would say exactly 1 an a half month. Hope it helps.

Rusty53 said:
I have entered the info into the spreadsheet. I am waiting for my work permit and hoping it is very soon. Can you please tell me when you applied for the work permit and if you did it online or paper copy. Congrats!

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Karito,

I assume you applied for multiple visitor visa. Is that right? Thanks

Karito said:
Hi

Yes I had leave the country twice, to Seattle for the weekend, and after to Mexico for a week, I have OWP and multiple entry visa, so of course you need to have a valide document (which is the visa) to entry the country if you are from a country that requires it. Single visa will just let you in once.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pearl75 said:
Hi Rusty,

I applied online on 24th of Jan. It took 1.5 month and 2-3 days. They sent the letter on 9th March but i received it just half an hour ago :) so I would say exactly 1 an a half month. Hope it helps.
Thank you. That helps a lot. I applied for ours on January 15th online. I am hopeful it will get here soon.