Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
We sent our PR and OWP apps simultaneously Nov 23rd, 2012 and got our AOR/in process notification as of Jan 17th 2013. Still in process. Can't wait for this all to be over!

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
canham2012 said:
Dont worry, whenever I call CIC they just tell me that my application is going to take 1 year after AIP. They say it is the standard timeframe. which makes me more frustrated. I have a good job offer but couldn't take it as no work permit yet. Seems to be a mess sometimes. Please hang in there. you will hear soon. Dont listen to this agents, they always have bad days at work I guess..

Best of luck my friend!!!
She's waiting for AIP, so I think she would follow-up since most 2012 applicants get theirs 5-6 months. I heard of some people here who wait more than 2 years for an interview because of file transfers. Spuh_dyna A member here named kiwi2 got her file transferred and she just sent supporting documents to her local office and they gave her AIP without interview. Why dont you order your GCMS notes, see the reason for file transfer and then send the necessary documents/evidence to your local office.

AniWinnipeg

Jan 29, 2013
Hi everyone

Just letting you know that I received AIP on February 27 at 5:28pm (Central Time) and Work Permit is on its way. I submitted my application on August 30, 2012. :p

I have to re-do my medical exam and CIC gave me time until March 28 to submit it - however the doctors in Winnipeg (2) are really busy and I might not be able to get an appointment before March 28 if no one cancels. Do I just call them and ask for an extension?

Cheerio
Ani

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
AniWinnipeg said:
Hi everyone

Just letting you know that I received AIP on February 27 at 5:28pm (Central Time) and Work Permit is on its way. I submitted my application on August 30, 2012. :p

I have to re-do my medical exam and CIC gave me time until March 28 to submit it - however the doctors in Winnipeg (2) are really busy and I might not be able to get an appointment before March 28 if no one cancels. Do I just call them and ask for an extension?

Cheerio
Ani
Congrats!! I would send a letter informing them about the medical , include a copy of the AIP email with your letter.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I think there is something wrong with spread sheet inland 2012.....or my computer is error?

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
sunsun said:
I think there is something wrong with spread sheet inland 2012.....or my computer is error?
No your computer is not messed up. The spreadsheet is messed up again! *%$%#@$% I will fix it this evening!

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow. I don't even know HOW you could screw that up so badly?

Just view it! If you don't know how to use a spreadsheet, send your information to Rusty!

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
canham2012 said:
Dont worry, whenever I call CIC they just tell me that my application is going to take 1 year after AIP. They say it is the standard timeframe. which makes me more frustrated. I have a good job offer but couldn't take it as no work permit yet. Seems to be a mess sometimes. Please hang in there. you will hear soon. Dont listen to this agents, they always have bad days at work I guess..

Best of luck my friend!!!
Thank you! This forum is amazing and i applaud you folks for staying positive.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
darwinwap said:
She's waiting for AIP, so I think she would follow-up since most 2012 applicants get theirs 5-6 months. I heard of some people here who wait more than 2 years for an interview because of file transfers. Spuh_dyna A member here named kiwi2 got her file transferred and she just sent supporting documents to her local office and they gave her AIP without interview. Why dont you order your GCMS notes, see the reason for file transfer and then send the necessary documents/evidence to your local office.
Thank you for your recommendation. I will do so as soon as possible. I dont know why this happening. My spouse is not out of status as he extended visa. I am not on welfare. What in the heavens did we do wrong? We sent tons of documents, proof, receipts, etc and i am prepared to send more.
Do i send to vegreville or Etobicoke?

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
May 2012
Spuh_dyna said:
Thank you for your recommendation. I will do so as soon as possible. I dont know why this happening. My spouse is not out of status as he extended visa. I am not on welfare. What in the heavens did we do wrong? We sent tons of documents, proof, receipts, etc and i am prepared to send more.
Do i send to vegreville or Etobicoke?
Etobicoke.

She sent supporting documents to local office where her file was transferred and she got AIP without interview. Here's the thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t134800.0.html

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
darwinwap said:
Etobicoke.

She sent supporting documents to local office where her file was transferred and she got AIP without interview. Here's the thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t134800.0.html
Thanks!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
The spreadsheet has been fixed. Please please please please do not attempt to enter information if you don't know how. Just Ask!!!!

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
OCWP

sorry if this question is off-topic but didn't receive any response from other forums.

Applying on-line for off-campus work permit. Application (pdf) requires a digital signature. How to include a digital signature?

Called CIC and they said to just type name on pdf in applicable field - but pdf form doesn't allow this. Called again and CIC said either print and submit hard copy application (what's the point of online application?) or send question to CIC IT folks which takes 10 days to reply. I suggested printing application, signing, scan and submit electronically but CIC that would not likely work.

anyone else encounter this problem with on-line applications requiring digital signature and have a solution.

thanks

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi,Migrain.. I think you should ask in International Students section, someone over there will give you a good answer.. :)

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
Spuh_dyna said:
Hi spuh_dyna, just trying to tell u r not the only one with the transfer file dilemma, we have applied since November 2011 and still waiting, just found out after all this wait that my file transfer to etobicoke without AIP which we are still in first stage, my wife and I want to start a family but we are hesitant because I can't work although I'm sitting on a bachelor's degree which is very frustrating. Ive heard it's not positive when they transfer files to local office without AIP, makes me wonder about this system here. We live in Mississauga and honestly I'm so ready to take her with me and we continue our lives Kingston where I know I can use my contacts and get a job for her there. We are just at the end of our wits. Contacting our MP and we just get the same answer "file is transferred for further assessment" dear god help us.