+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Rusty53 said:
Congrats Kennystewart80. I have updated the spreadsheet for you. Wow this is amazing you and Teatree are right next to each other on the spreadsheet and 2 DM's I hope they keep going. Please let us know as soon as you get your landing date. Right now the average on the spreadsheet for landing is 38 days. Good Luck.
Hi Rusty,

Any news on your OWP?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
figtoria said:
Argh. So our medical results will expire about now. We're only 1.5 months after AIP. Will they automatically give us a 3 month extension, or should we just redo them?
If everything else is complete on your application the officer working on your app will most likely request that your medical be extended. However, it is at the officers discresion as to whether or not the medical extension will be requested and may ask you to redo it. If you order your GCMS notes you can see if there was an extension or not.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kennystewart80 said:
I just recieved a letter by email saying my application has been processed and Scarborough office will be in contact for landing :) woo hoo :)

Anybody any idea how long that takes and what documents I need? I know I'll get a letter confirming, just excited :)
Friggin AWSOME!!!!!! Thats great news CONGRATS!! one more down, nice to see movement. Do you mind sharing your home Country?

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
figtoria said:
Argh. So our medical results will expire about now. We're only 1.5 months after AIP. Will they automatically give us a 3 month extension, or should we just redo them?
I don't think its necessary for you to do new medicals unless they specifically ask for it. Does it say "medical received" on you e-cas?

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kennystewart80 said:
Thanks Rusty53, what does that mean 38 days to landing? Is that from now or the letter from Scarborough advising of my appointment? Also, do you or anybody else know what docs they ask for? Just passport I assume?

I couldn't believe it when I got the email, an amazing way to start the day :)
It is showing an average of 38 days from DM to Landing. Yet we show only one landing in Scarborough and it is in excess of 60 days. I think you will just have to wait to see.

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
wolanila said:
Friggin AWSOME!!!!!! Thats great news CONGRATS!! one more down, nice to see movement. Do you mind sharing your home Country?
Hey Wolania it's UK, Scotland :)

reanne86

Jan 7, 2013
i was on the phone with cic.. i asked why is it when i check my application online it only says application recieved... she said its because they havent started working on my file yet :( is this normal??? or do i have to wait for 6 months for them to start working on my file? my application was recieved on november 1 2012...

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
wolanila said:
Cool I love Scottish accents. Where are you living in Canada?
Just outside Peterborough, ON. You?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reanne86 said:
i was on the phone with cic.. i asked why is it when i check my application online it only says application recieved... she said its because they havent started working on my file yet :( is this normal??? or do i have to wait for 6 months for them to start working on my file? my application was recieved on november 1 2012...
Sometimes ecas just doesn't get updated. There are cases where peoples ecas was not updated and had received second stage approval.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darwinwap said:
I don't think its necessary for you to do new medicals unless they specifically ask for it. Does it say "medical received" on you e-cas?
Yes, it does. I guess I'm just worried about the extra time it will take for them to request it, so perhaps we should do it pro-actively.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
figtoria said:
Yes, it does. I guess I'm just worried about the extra time it will take for them to request it, so perhaps we should do it pro-actively.
We have the same situation, I don't think they will request another medical. My police clearance expired before AIP but they didn't ask for a new one.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolanila said:
If everything else is complete on your application the officer working on your app will most likely request that your medical be extended. However, it is at the officers discresion as to whether or not the medical extension will be requested and may ask you to redo it. If you order your GCMS notes you can see if there was an extension or not.
Thanks Wolanila - I'm just anxious to do anything necessary to keep the process flowing smoothly.

And wow - you must be getting close to your DM!!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just called cic , and one of the agents told me that it takes 10 months after aip to get DM and then two months to receive PR card. So another year. I dont know why I get such agents, I mean 12 months. I will go crazy.