Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
thanks for the quick reply computergeek !!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
The 30 days is a statutory requirement, regardless of holidays. I'd be surprised if you don't receive it on Monday.
SWEET!! Thanks for the input now I'm really excited!!!!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Serenity482 said:
Hello :)
i have 2 questions.
I send my inland application at the end of september. But i didnt included a application for a new work permit. My work permit ends at the end of june. So i guess i will need a new one. What form should i use??

The second question is, i live in quebec and i dont really know when do i have to start the application for Quebec? The Callcenter said after the application in canada. but does it mean after its finished or after the first steps?

Many greetings!!
Hey!! Im applying from QC as well!! We received the email saying they received our docs on November 19th and on January 3rd we've got the letter with the instructions for Quebec. I'll also recommend you to have everything ready, in my case they gave me only until March 3rd to get the CSQ from MICC so we have to send everything no later than monday! It is not hard to fill them up but with our crazy work schedules it gets hard to go to Canada Post on time to send them.

So no worries, its going to come soon!!! :D

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
canham2012 said:
Hi guys,

Things have slowed down for stage2, has anyone received DM for stage 2 recently?
SEEMS not.. not even those sent their application in 2011~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
ichbinella said:
SEEMS not.. not even those sent their application in 2011~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I dont understand what these immigration people are up to, first they showed us a ray of light by giving the AIP, and then its complete darkness from their end huh!! Seriously it is a long wait.

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
canham2012 said:
I dont understand what these immigration people are up to, first they showed us a ray of light by giving the AIP, and then its complete darkness from their end huh!! Seriously it is a long wait.
yup , to me, the biggest problem is that inland applicants r not allowed to leave Canada, even not going home visiting family from far. I dun mean i hv to stay in my home country, but at least we should hv the freedom to do so, they can set time limit for that, i dun mind...

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Hey, I am usually on the Quebec thread but I have a issue with CIC and wondered if anyone had info.

I sent medicals with my app in May. The doctor was approved and on the CIC list.

I got a letter in December saying application in progress but i need new medicals with approved physician.

Just checked and the doctor i used isn't on the list anymore.

Should this really mean I have to get new medicals?????? Should the fact that she was approved when I got them count???????

CIC really are dumb, this must happen to a lot of people who used the same doctor. What a waste of time and money for us.

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Am out of status since Nov 10th 2012, so for my IMM0008 form, how long should I put for my duration of being out of status. Any suggestions, pls and thank you

Thanks

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Foss Note question imm5563E

guys do i neeed to request under the Access to Information Act and include the 5 fee? or should i select privacy act?

also in section C i dont know which option to request? Status of an application or electronic file or physical file?

i m currently waiting for stage 2 and i need to retrive info to understand where am i standing since the aip letter of my wife " applicant" has been lost in mail delivery" left me in blackout weather they need more supporting document or not !!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Kayvanblue said:
guys do i neeed to request under the Access to Information Act and include the 5 fee? or should i select privacy act?
Requesting information about someone else = "access to information" and you pay $5
Requesting information about yourself = "privacy act" and there is no fee

Note that in either case you must be inside Canada to make a request.

Kayvanblue said:
also in section C i dont know which option to request? Status of an application or electronic file or physical file?
Electronic. If you ask for the physical file they will pull your application out of queue. The only time to ask for a physical file would be for a refusal, an interview or for your records AFTER the application is approved.

The law says they must respond in 30 days. That is how CIC interprets it - you get the response on the 30th day (or the previous business day). I've had them violate this rule twice - once was 2.5 months later, the other was 2 weeks after the request. Also, the notes are usually ~30 days old. I think they do that in order to ensure that any real news about your application has already arrived. Again, I've only had this one violated twice - that 2 week response and one other (where the notes were only about 10 days old, which was good because that told me quite a bit.)

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
computergeek said:
Requesting information about someone else = "access to information" and you pay $5
Requesting information about yourself = "privacy act" and there is no fee

Note that in either case you must be inside Canada to make a request.

Electronic. If you ask for the physical file they will pull your application out of queue. The only time to ask for a physical file would be for a refusal, an interview or for your records AFTER the application is approved.

The law says they must respond in 30 days. That is how CIC interprets it - you get the response on the 30th day (or the previous business day). I've had them violate this rule twice - once was 2.5 months later, the other was 2 weeks after the request. Also, the notes are usually ~30 days old. I think they do that in order to ensure that any real news about your application has already arrived. Again, I've only had this one violated twice - that 2 week response and one other (where the notes were only about 10 days old, which was good because that told me quite a bit.)
Most useful....thank you sir...you educate me quite nicely. :))

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Loops said:
Hey!! Im applying from QC as well!! We received the email saying they received our docs on November 19th and on January 3rd we've got the letter with the instructions for Quebec. I'll also recommend you to have everything ready, in my case they gave me only until March 3rd to get the CSQ from MICC so we have to send everything no later than monday! It is not hard to fill them up but with our crazy work schedules it gets hard to go to Canada Post on time to send them.

So no worries, its going to come soon!!! :D
Hey thank you very much!! So i`ll wait for the instructions :) Now i don´t need to worry. ;)
Hope everythings works with Québec!! (for you and for me :D)

gie2205

Dec 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
Meds req sent in Oct with AIP and OWP(OWP filed in Aug)
Med's Done....
last week of November appeared on E-Cas in Dec.
Interview........
may not be required
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hello everyone!
My spouse's pr application was filed in May 2012, she got her AIP and Work Permit (valid thru 2014) in November. She is a US citizen. She also received a Visitor's Record which is valid thru May 2013. On her online status it says Medicals have been received, FBI clearance was already sent along with her PR application so we're on Stage 2.
I have a few questions, do we have to apply for an extension of her Visitor record before it expires in May of this year even if she has a work permit which is valid until 2014 assuming that she's not landed yet before her Visitor record expires? When does the 8 months timeline for Stage 2 process starts?
Another thing is, she hasn't visited her family since she came here in 2011. We were stupid enough not to apply Outland as it would have been faster with no travel restrictions. It's my fault as I didn't do a thorough reasearch. Anyhow, we're planning to visit her family in California soon. Do we have to wait until she lands as PR or can we travel while waiting for her PR approval? She misses her family so much and we're just afraid that if she leaves while her PR application is in process, everything will be jeopardized is she was denied re-entry. I've read somewhere that as long as she's with me (I'm a PR) when she travels, it would be okay. Thank you in advance for sharing your insights! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
gie2205 said:
Hello everyone!
My spouse's pr application was filed in May 2012, she got her AIP and Work Permit (valid thru 2014) in November. She is a US citizen. She also received a Visitor's Record which is valid thru May 2013. On her online status it says Medicals have been received, FBI clearance was already sent along with her PR application so we're on Stage 2.
I have a few questions, do we have to apply for an extension of her Visitor record before it expires in May of this year even if she has a work permit which is valid until 2014 assuming that she's not landed yet before her Visitor record expires? When does the 8 months timeline for Stage 2 process starts?
Another thing is, she hasn't visited her family since she came here in 2011. We were stupid enough not to apply Outland as it would have been faster with no travel restrictions. It's my fault as I didn't do a thorough reasearch. Anyhow, we're planning to visit her family in California soon. Do we have to wait until she lands as PR or can we travel while waiting for her PR approval? She misses her family so much and we're just afraid that if she leaves while her PR application is in process, everything will be jeopardized is she was denied re-entry. I've read somewhere that as long as she's with me (I'm a PR) when she travels, it would be okay. Thank you in advance for sharing your insights! :)
No, she only needs one temporary status document and a work permit is sufficient.

The risk in travel is that she might be refused re-entry into the country. It's very unlikely, but it is a risk and the risk is there whether she travels alone or with you. But a US Citizen with no criminality and an active work permit really would need to have some sort of serious issue (e.g., criminality) to be refused re-entry.

She doesn't happen to have a Nexus card does she? That further minimizes the already low risk...