+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
Hello Everyday,

After getting my AIP, I submitted my medical results on October (received by CIC on November 8). That was after the release of the new eMedical measures. Does that mean I'll have to redo my medical?

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
Sonja/srb said:
Hi everyone,

I sent my application on Nov.22, since then I read many of your posts and wonder,
does anyone know the reasons why someone might be denied , except bad criminal history? For example, my husband and I had a small wedding with just two witnesses and no reception, so we do not have a lot of wedding pictures, is that a problem? :-[
hi my husband and i had a civil wedding with 3 witnesses. Well basically, 2 witnesses to sign the declaration of marriage and his father. We didn't have any celebration at all, just a simple lunch but we have no pictures for the lunch. We only had 4 pictures from the wedding ceremony. Maybe the only difference we have is that I was already pregnant during the wedding and when we sent our application our baby was born already. But I think your wedding pictures are fine. Don't worry you should be receiving an acknowledgment letter with in 2-3 months.

Goodluck!

zoezou

Nov 28, 2012
Hi guys,

I have a question about my status now. I had work permit before I sent PR application in family class, but my work permit expired by Oct 29th, and I sent my PR app. two months before this expiration date.

I am wondering, can I still act as an worker status from Oct 29th till I got new OWP with AIP(I sent OWP app together)??
Cuz I have a job now, I need to tell whether I will quit from the job for several months... Is it still legally for me to get payroll from my boss during my waiting time for AIP and OWP???????? :-\

As I posted before, I got my AOR by Nov. 28th, said my app. received by August 31st.

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
lyn28 Thank you, I hope everything will be fine.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Sonja/srb said:
Hi everyone,

I sent my application on Nov.22, since then I read many of your posts and wonder,
does anyone know the reasons why someone might be denied , except bad criminal history? For example, my husband and I had a small wedding with just two witnesses and no reception, so we do not have a lot of wedding pictures, is that a problem? :-[
Your case is very similar to our case..my wife has no family here. i am 29 and she is 25 , she's been a refugee here since her 19th bday..we got married last year, we had no one in our wedding day..even my own family refused to attend....i submitted all our pictures from our trips together since 2009 ,we got the AIP in October..2nd stage approval means that she can see her mom after 6 years..

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Good morning friends

Well I am just about ready to submit my application, just waiting on marriage certificate to be returned and the fingerprints sent to St. Vincent, so waiting for the police clearance to be returned also. I guess I should send my extension in now as I am scheduled to leave Jan. 9. Is it OK to send in first with receipts for PR application? What exactly should I say on it? Or should I send it now with the PR app and send in the certificate I received at the church and say that the marriage certificate and police check will follow? Also can you send in OWP in a few months(after Christmas when we might have more money) or does it need to go now with PR

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
comflakes, I have added you to the spreadsheet. Did you send OWP, medicals and police clearance with your application?

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
Nigea said:
Good morning friends

Well I am just about ready to submit my application, just waiting on marriage certificate to be returned and the fingerprints sent to St. Vincent, so waiting for the police clearance to be returned also. I guess I should send my extension in now as I am scheduled to leave Jan. 9. Is it OK to send in first with receipts for PR application? What exactly should I say on it? Or should I send it now with the PR app and send in the certificate I received at the church and say that the marriage certificate and police check will follow? Also can you send in OWP in a few months(after Christmas when we might have more money) or does it need to go now with PR
you dont need to wait for the marriage certificate. as it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get deleivered to you..i only submitted the solemnization of marriage paper and with that i got the first stage approval...but i sent out the police certificate with my application

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
kayvanblue It must be hard for you and your wife, I hope that she will be able to visit her mother as soon as possible :)

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
Nahmed said:
Frenchie
how long after AIP did you receive the open work permit?
I mean did you apply after AIP? or with application?

cheers
I had applied for OWP as soon as I got AIP (a day later). It took 2.5 months, which was more than it took from AIP to landing interview =)

kbwaterh

Nov 29, 2012
Hi All
I just did my medical today after I got my AIP etc. The doctor didn't seem to be using the new emedical system..the receptionist didn't know anything about it! Hope it all goes through ok!

Will keep the forum updated on when things get changed in my files.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
You are supposed to apply for an extension on your OWP at least 30 days before it expires.
If you applied for the OWP with the PR application then you should be okay but please call the call centre to verify ... 1-888-242-2100
My husband is in a similar situation. His OWP expires Dec. 31st, however he's rec'd first stage. We just sent in an extension on it about 3 weeks ago and were told he can continue to work as an implied worker status until we receive a decision.

Hope this helps!

zoezou said:
Hi guys,

I have a question about my status now. I had work permit before I sent PR application in family class, but my work permit expired by Oct 29th, and I sent my PR app. two months before this expiration date.

I am wondering, can I still act as an worker status from Oct 29th till I got new OWP with AIP(I sent OWP app together)??
Cuz I have a job now, I need to tell whether I will quit from the job for several months... Is it still legally for me to get payroll from my boss during my waiting time for AIP and OWP???????? :-\

As I posted before, I got my AOR by Nov. 28th, said my app. received by August 31st.

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone has to redo their meds if it passed one year or they dont ask for it every case?
I sent mine with my application in march. ( i did the exam feb5)
If they ask for it for sure i would redo them before they request it to save some time...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
gjfst said:
Everyone has to redo their meds if it passed one year or they dont ask for it every case?
I sent mine with my application in march. ( i did the exam feb5)
If they ask for it for sure i would redo them before they request it to save some time...
The VO can ask to have them extended for an additional year.