App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
thatgirl123 said:
Helllo!! Im New to the forum. :)

Just sent off my husbands app last week, Vegerville will prob get it in the next day or so.
I hope I filled out all the forms properly! My worst fear is getting it back with an error or missing something :/
hey welcome to the forum
we had the same fear when we first sent out our app...dont worry you good

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Rusty53 said:
thatgirl123

When you recieve confirmation that CIC has your application let me know and I will add you to the spreadsheet. Did you send OWP, police clearance and medical?

The link is attached
I dont even know where to check the progess of our app - so I dont know if it has been received or not :/

Uuummm........what is an OWP ? ::) We did the police clearance ..and the medical he came up on is still valid (at least for now) so I assumed they would let me know when and if they will request another one to be done. I have heard horror stories of people doing medicals and then they expire and then they have to pay and do it all over again. One couple I know actually did 3 in total (so they say)

His work permit expires on Dec 15, I really wasnt sure what to request when we requested extension - so, I applied for another work permit and assumed that if they reject that then they would maybe just issue a temp visitor visa while we awaiting app processing ( the one he has now is restricted to a specific employer)

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Hi all,

Haven't received AOR yet, although I received a letter requesting to resubmit the Schedule A Background Declaration form IMM 5669...

Called the hotline and the person said it is because they updated the form November 2012... makes sense.

Anyways, I assume this means they have my application and I assume this means I can use this as AOR, or will that be once they've received my resbumitted form?

Anyone else had similar situation?

thanks

Imo

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
thatgirl123

you wont hear anything from CIC until you get an AOR and that will be about 110 days. You can see this on the spreadsheet. It is a good tool to help you see when your turn might be next. When I asked about confirmation of CIC getting your application I am asking about when you recieve notice from either Canada Post or the courier that you used to tell you that they have delivered your package. This thread is great for you because you can follow the people ahead of you and quiz them at every turn to ease your anxiety.

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Rusty53 said:
thatgirl123

you wont hear anything from CIC until you get an AOR and that will be about 110 days. You can see this on the spreadsheet. It is a good tool to help you see when your turn might be next. When I asked about confirmation of CIC getting your application I am asking about when you recieve notice from either Canada Post or the courier that you used to tell you that they have delivered your package. This thread is great for you because you can follow the people ahead of you and quiz them at every turn to ease your anxiety.
oh ok.....110 days......wow..that seems so long! I sponsored before in 1989, and at that time the app was 1 (long) page and a total of $250, evrything was done directly at an office here in my city - it was much easier and less confusing!!

I think I need a dictionary for all these terms and abreviations! lol What is an AOR?

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Can anyone tell me where to go or the form number for an OWP

thanks

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ughh so this means that everyone who applied before November and haven't received their AOR yet will receive this letter?? :-\ :-\

I checked out the form and at first glance, it seems no different from what we filled out back in September..

imonec said:
Hi all,

Haven't received AOR yet, although I received a letter requesting to resubmit the Schedule A Background Declaration form IMM 5669...

Called the hotline and the person said it is because they updated the form November 2012... makes sense.

Anyways, I assume this means they have my application and I assume this means I can use this as AOR, or will that be once they've received my resbumitted form?

Anyone else had similar situation?

thanks

Imo

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hi guys!

Forgive me if this question has been answered before, but there are too many posts and I haven't been able to find the answer.

I'm applying for Permanent Residency through the Family Class Sponsorship class. I'm almost done with the documents, but I have doubts about what to answer on question 10 (Current country of residenc) of the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). I am currently living in Canada as a visitor, but I am from Puerto Rico. Should I write, Puerto Rico or Canada? And if I have to write Puerto Rico, since it asks from date X to date X, should I write my date of birth till the day before I travelled to Canada? Thank you in advanced for you help!

P.S.
Sorry for the topic change.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Start out here...it depends on your circumstances. Use the Quick Find to figure out which application you need.
Form 5710 allows for you to apply for a couple applications at one time.
Also, you are best to contact the CIC at 1-800-242-2100 just to make sure you are filling out the correct forms and they will also email you a list of what forms you need, including the guides.

Hope this helps!

Nigea said:
Can anyone tell me where to go or the form number for an OWP

thanks

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
layla

are you applying inland or outland? If you are staying in Canada and applying from within Canada you are in the same boat as me. I put my address in Canada down and the date I arrived and the present date.
Best of luck. I hope to get mine off next week

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Hello Nigea.

Yes, I'm applying inland and staying in Canada. I thought I should do the same as you, since when you select Canada as the option, it requires you to say if you are there as a visitor. I hope to get it sent by the end of December. Best of luck to you too.

mini2404

Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
10-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
Med's Done....
04-12-2012 and 03-10-2014
Interview........
Decision made: February 24, 2015
LANDED..........
March 18-2015
Hi everyone:

I have a question, hopefully someone can help me. I went today to do my husband medicals here in Toronto (BTW they still use the old forms and procedures). We haven't receive the AIP yet (I printed the Section A from CIC website) but we wanted to save time. My question is: my husband has a non-accompanying dependent child in Dominican Republic and we want to have her medicals done too now. Does anybody know the procedure and forms we have to send her? Anyone in similar situation?

Thanks!!!

Minerva

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hi everyone,

I received the AIP letter in mail today. And they have asked me to redo the medicals. But I had submitted by medicals along with the application on June 4. Has anybody experienced the same situation? And when I called CIC, regarding my medicals, they said that they have received it.

Please help !!

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
I checked the Canada Post tracker today and Vegerville received our package on Friday Nov 30th. Its not much..... but at least I know it is in their offices!

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
alinka said:
Ughh so this means that everyone who applied before November and haven't received their AOR yet will receive this letter?? :-\ :-\

I checked out the form and at first glance, it seems no different from what we filled out back in September..
I'm not sure if everyone will have to do it but i sure hope not... for everyone else's sake. I immediately filled out the new form, and yes it is very similar with minor changes, like the postal code of your previous residential addresses etc, and i mailed it last night. So hopefully it is already in Vegreville...

if this delays anything I'd be really upset but who knows. maybe they're also buying time by making everyone resubmit that form...

Best of luck!

Imo