App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
Is any one in the same situation with me? File transferred to Etobicoke in October 2012? Any word yet? My file was transferred without AIP. no word yet. How long on avg does Etobicoke take?

fall247

Nov 29, 2012
Spuh_dyna said:
Is any one in the same situation with me? File transferred to Etobicoke in October 2012? Any word yet? My file was transferred without AIP. no word yet. How long on avg does Etobicoke take?
I replied to you in the file transfers 2012 thread. I have seen Etobicoke transfers in some cases take 20 days and in other cases 18-24 months. I believe there are a number of variables. If you call the CIC they will tell you the current wait time. No news is good news.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Oh la la la! Someone has time on their hands. Must be slow over at the CIC! It is close to Christmas and like last year, things come to almost a halt.

alinka said:
Ohh CIC has redesigned its website, fancy :p ;D

AleMenBoj

Nov 11, 2012
canham2012 said:
Hi everyone,

I received the AIP letter in mail today. And they have asked me to redo the medicals. But I had submitted by medicals along with the application on June 4. Has anybody experienced the same situation? And when I called CIC, regarding my medicals, they said that they have received it.

Please help !!
Hi !!!

Congrats for for AIP!! I am almost in the same situation like you, I submitted the documents on June14th and got AOR on October 20th, so if my file goes like yours, maybe i'll get my AIP tomorrow!! PLEASE LORD!

How long did it take to received the letter in your house?

I wish you the best of luck!

john6514520

Dec 5, 2012
hi guys, im new to this forum and would really appreciate some help. I am a permenant resident and work in Canada. My wife recently came to Canada on a student visa. She got the student visa before getting married. We then got married and she then came to Canada. However, at the port of entry, when asked about her marital status, she mentioned she was still single, as she thought telling them she was married would create suspicion since at the time her application for a student visa was submitted, she was single. I have no idea why she did that, as student are not banned from getting married! Anyways, we can't change the past. I am now looking to sponsor her through the inland application process. I am concerned that if we show our marriage in our home country on a date before she entered canada, we might run into issues for misrepresentation at the port of entry. To overcome that, I am thinking of registering marriage in Canada and getting the marriage certificate here and using that for the inland application process. We have been in a relationship for over a year. We have lots of evidence to show our relationship is genuine, lots of pictures, emails, chats, etc. Do you think this is the right way of doing it? or do i have any other options? Any help would be highly appreciated!

confrentis

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
ON, GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/12/2012
AOR Received.
31/01/2013
Med's Done....
17/12/2012
Interview........
AIP+OWP+ DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
Dec 13, 2013
imonec said:
I'm not sure if everyone will have to do it but i sure hope not... for everyone else's sake. I immediately filled out the new form, and yes it is very similar with minor changes, like the postal code of your previous residential addresses etc, and i mailed it last night. So hopefully it is already in Vegreville...

if this delays anything I'd be really upset but who knows. maybe they're also buying time by making everyone resubmit that form...

Best of luck!

Imo
Hi imonec,

i am about to apply soon and also saw the change in the form.
How did you manage to fill it in? The form requires an electronic signature after filling in. Which i did, but i can not save the filled version.
Did you print it straight away?
i always considered myself pretty good with computers but not this tme i guess :D ;D

AleMenBoj

Nov 11, 2012
CIC just updated the processing times!

Last update: December 5, 2012

Working on applications received on June 2, 2012

June applications, FINALLY! :D

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
I have a question. When we send our application and we get first stage approval (AIP?) does the applicant get a OWP or do we have to send in a separate OWP application with our sponsor/applicant application too?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandn said:
I have a question. When we send our application and we get first stage approval (AIP?) does the applicant get a OWP or do we have to send in a separate OWP application with our sponsor/applicant application too?
you need to send an owp application with ur application if u want owp AIP together.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandn said:
is there a specific application form? I cannot find it
I can't remember clearly but I think it's the same one you use to change ur conditions of stay from with in canada. Same one u would use to apply for student visa or extend ur visitor visa

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Form IMM5710E

Google it, it will show right up :)

mandn said:
is there a specific application form? I cannot find it

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
CheshireCats said:
Form IMM5710E

Google it, it will show right up :)
Thanks for that but in the form it only says

[I am applying for one or more of the following]
1 A work permit with the same employer
2 Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
3 A work permit with a new employer
4 Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Should we pick #2 if I am applying for an Open work permit.?
She already has a work permit as a live in care giver but we want to change it to an open work permit when I submit my application to sponsor her.

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pick number 3. A work permit with a new employer.

mandn said:
Thanks for that but in the form it only says

[I am applying for one or more of the following]
1 A work permit with the same employer
2 Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker
3 A work permit with a new employer
4 Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Should we pick #2 if I am applying for an Open work permit.?
She already has a work permit as a live in care giver but we want to change it to an open work permit when I submit my application to sponsor her.