+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
frenchie57 said:
Hi there !

First comment as a Permanent Resident of Canada =) =) I'm so happy now !

Here's how it went:
my appointment was at 2pm. I got there at 1.15 (yes I know, it's very early, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be late =))
When I arrived, there was a huge line up (probably 50 people), but it turned out that these people were there for the citizenship ceremony. The agent took my letter and told me "you're too early, please comme back at 1.45".
I came back at 1.45 and she opened the doors for me. There were only 2 other couples and one lady on her own.
I was asked to go to the counter to pay. I had already paid 2.5 months ago but somehow it wasn't in their system. So I decided to pay again and I will claim my money back. I'd rather wait for money than for my PR =)
I then had to sit for a little bit and they started calling people. I was asked to go to a counter where a lady asked me to give her my passport and my husband's ID. We gave both our passport's and she realized that I was French and my husband was born in Romania. She was originally from Romania and spoke both French and Romanian, so we actually didn't even have the landing interview in English. She asked me questions in French and she asked my husband questions in Romanian. We both speak English but it was lovely =) =) She asked us both if we have committed any crime, been deported and if we have children outside Canada. We answered "no" to everything. We then had to sit and wait for a little bit again (probably 5 min). We were then called again. The woman asked me to give my picture. She took only one, she said she doesn't need 2 (not sure why they ask for 2 then). She then asked me to confirm the information that is on the COPR. She said that all that matters is that my names, date of birth and address are right. My husband's address (sponsor's address) was wrong. We had updated it online but they didn't change it. She said that it doesn't matter, all that matters is my address.
She made me sign the document (my copy + her document), she stamped my passport and the COPR and signed them and then congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident. She then explained my obligations as a PR and explained what I have to do to apply for citizenship.
It took 25 min in total and it was great =)

After that, I went to Service Canada, where I was able to get my permanent SIN.
If you are from a visa exempt country, you *CAN* get your permanent SIN the same day. The people at CIC do not always know this.

SO now I am a permanent resident and my SIN starts with a 6 =) =)
I'm super happy !!!

Congratulations :D

ckexploration

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi guys,
very interesting to read through this topic and about all the different experiences. I'd like to give you my timeline as well and if you want you can also put it on the spreadsheet.
I got a permanent job offer from my employer and we started the BC PNP (Vancouver), that was processed really quick.
My application for the PR was received on May 7.
AOR and Medical Request Form received on June 22.
Medical Examination done on July 10.
And since that I check my status every day and it says "Application received May 7 and Medical Results received".
About 2 weeks ago I talked to an immigration lawyer and he said I could expect to get news from the CIC until Christmas. It would be nice if he was right...
We will see how it goes...
Fingers crossed for all of us and happy waiting ;-)
Cheers,
CK

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
cic started processing my application oct 30 2012 i recieved a letter today stating in order for them to continue my application i must submit a client update history the thing is i have done this 3 time already how many times must i do the same thing over its really frustrating when they lose documents you have sent when will this ever end :( :mad: :-\

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Frenchie

Welcome to Canada as a new PR. Congrats

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Can anyone tell me what should friends and/or family say in a letter to support marriage as genuine? How many should you get to send letters?

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Nigea said:
Can anyone tell me what should friends and/or family say in a letter to support marriage as genuine? How many should you get to send letters?
Hi

In my case we sent 5 letters in total, 3 from my boyfriends best friends and 2 one from his parents and brother, the letters depends of the person, one friend for example stated that he knows my bf for over 8 years and how he met me, when my bf brought me to a Xmas party the guys had and how he hangout with us in numerous time and he sees that our love is real and that is the first time he sees my bf that happy. They basically all say when they met me, what's the relationship how they see us together , the letters suppose to be notarized but we realized that after I sent the package , I guess they were fine since CIC didn't ask me for anything else.

Hope it helps :)

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
Nigea said:
If you give me your personal email address I can send you one or 2 that we sent so you can see what they look like.
We sent 4 in total: one from a colleague of mine (who actually introduced us), 2 from friends that my husband knew before in knew me and one from my parents in law

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
Karito said:
Hi

In my case we sent 5 letters in total, 3 from my boyfriends best friends and 2 one from his parents and brother, the letters depends of the person, one friend for example stated that he knows my bf for over 8 years and how he met me, when my bf brought me to a Xmas party the guys had and how he hangout with us in numerous time and he sees that our love is real and that is the first time he sees my bf that happy. They basically all say when they met me, what's the relationship how they see us together , the letters suppose to be notarized but we realized that after I sent the package , I guess they were fine since CIC didn't ask me for anything else.

Hope it helps :)
We got only of of the letters notarized out of the 4. I guess if you have enough proves, then notarizing the letters isn't necessary

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Rusty53 said:
Loops

I can add you to the spreadsheet if you like.

Thank you Rusty53!

Sorry for the late reply! I added myself already... now Im just waiting and waiting like everyone else! hahaha!

I never did the medical exams, are they going to let me know when to do it or I just have to do it anytime I want?

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
frenchie57 said:
We got only of of the letters notarized out of the 4. I guess if you have enough proves, then notarizing the letters isn't necessary
Notarized letters? We sent like 25 and non of them was notarized ... hope its not a problem!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Notarized letters? We sent like 25 and non of them was notarized ... hope its not a problem!
Im sure you are fine. We sent 7 and non of them were notarized. Although they were signed originals.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
I am trying to fill out the extension form to send in with the PR application. A few questions. I was married 2 weeks ago and he is here as a visitor.

1.under details of visit to Canada do I put tourism (as previous) or other now that we are married???

2.how long do you plan to stay??-- do you ask for a year - does date go from original entry date or todays date?

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
If you give me your personal email address I can send you one or 2 that we sent so you can see what they look like.
We sent 4 in total: one from a colleague of mine (who actually introduced us), 2 from friends that my husband knew before in knew me and one from my parents in law
I set you a PM Frenchie

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
frenchie57 said:
Hi there !

First comment as a Permanent Resident of Canada =) =) I'm so happy now !

Here's how it went:
my appointment was at 2pm. I got there at 1.15 (yes I know, it's very early, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be late =))
When I arrived, there was a huge line up (probably 50 people), but it turned out that these people were there for the citizenship ceremony. The agent took my letter and told me "you're too early, please comme back at 1.45".
I came back at 1.45 and she opened the doors for me. There were only 2 other couples and one lady on her own.
I was asked to go to the counter to pay. I had already paid 2.5 months ago but somehow it wasn't in their system. So I decided to pay again and I will claim my money back. I'd rather wait for money than for my PR =)
I then had to sit for a little bit and they started calling people. I was asked to go to a counter where a lady asked me to give her my passport and my husband's ID. We gave both our passport's and she realized that I was French and my husband was born in Romania. She was originally from Romania and spoke both French and Romanian, so we actually didn't even have the landing interview in English. She asked me questions in French and she asked my husband questions in Romanian. We both speak English but it was lovely =) =) She asked us both if we have committed any crime, been deported and if we have children outside Canada. We answered "no" to everything. We then had to sit and wait for a little bit again (probably 5 min). We were then called again. The woman asked me to give my picture. She took only one, she said she doesn't need 2 (not sure why they ask for 2 then). She then asked me to confirm the information that is on the COPR. She said that all that matters is that my names, date of birth and address are right. My husband's address (sponsor's address) was wrong. We had updated it online but they didn't change it. She said that it doesn't matter, all that matters is my address.
She made me sign the document (my copy + her document), she stamped my passport and the COPR and signed them and then congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident. She then explained my obligations as a PR and explained what I have to do to apply for citizenship.
It took 25 min in total and it was great =)

After that, I went to Service Canada, where I was able to get my permanent SIN.
If you are from a visa exempt country, you *CAN* get your permanent SIN the same day. The people at CIC do not always know this.

SO now I am a permanent resident and my SIN starts with a 6 =) =)
I'm super happy !!!
hahah very kool story. love to read happy stories...
Many congratulations and thanks for sharing :D

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....