Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
I already explained my whole landing interview story and I just wanted to say thanks everybody for your support. This forum helped me a lot ! You guys rock !

Today, I received a mail from CIC with my open work permit ... 2 days after becoming a PR ... ahahah completely useless

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Loops

The spreadsheet seems to be a bit off. What day did CIC actually get your application? That is the day we need in the AOR column. That determines your placement on the spreadsheet. Please let me know if that date is in August and if your "Recieved in process email" came on November 20.

Thanks

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hi Guys,

I just saw the status on my Pr application ECAS. It says Decision Made and they have mailed the letter. Is it that my Pr has been approved?

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Rusty53 said:
Loops

The spreadsheet seems to be a bit off. What day did CIC actually get your application? That is the day we need in the AOR column. That determines your placement on the spreadsheet. Please let me know if that date is in August and if your "Recieved in process email" came on November 20.

Thanks
Rusty,
I looked through previous posts and looks like Loops' AOR should be August 14...

just thought i'd mention it.

Imo

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm really looking forward to seeing the next person get DM. That would make me smile!!!

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012 - Change Address

Hi guys,

any thoughts on the easiest way to change my address... I'm not in ecas yet so not possible to do it online... or should I be able to do it...

I haven't received AOR confirmation yet.

much appreciated!

Imo

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
canham2012 said:
Hi Guys,

I just saw the status on my Pr application ECAS. It says Decision Made and they have mailed the letter. Is it that my Pr has been approved?

[/quote

Guess that is all about your AIP! CONGRATS!!! Hope ill be next in line! crossing my fingers !!!

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
weary-damsil31 said:
canham2012 said:
Hi Guys,

[/quote

Guess that is all about your AIP! CONGRATS!!! Hope ill be next in line! crossing my fingers !!!
Hi Thanks!! I am so excited, Yeah hope everyone gets it soon. It seems they are already working on June applications :D . They mailed the letter on friday, so I will get it in a day or two .

Just one more question, I am on student visa right now, will AIP allow me to change my status in university, so that I dont have to pay international fees ?

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Just curious... Other than police check and medical check, what else do they check in Stage 2 after you received AIP?

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
walter8299 said:
Just curious... Other than police check and medical check, what else do they check in Stage 2 after you received AIP?
Hey walter8299
I have the same question...im the sponsor..i got my AIP on Oct 3d...
First Qz :
are they gonna check the sponsor again? Or the sponsor part is done and they are Focusing on the applicant' s background during the 2nd stage?
2nd question:
Is the applicant given any sort of privilege while the sponsor is a canadian citizen rather than a Pr. ?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
walter8299 said:
Security checks (e.g., are you a terrorist or involved in organized crime - things that won't necessarily show up on a police check). Review your relationship evidence.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
- What do you mean by that? I was thinking just send main application + OWP to get implied status. My visitor record is valid till Feb'06. I hope to do only OWP..isn't it enough?
I emailed CIC today to see if you needed to apply for both extension and OWP or just OWP to keep status, Here is the reply

"
Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Maintaining a Legal Status During the Process of the Permanent Residence Application

When you are in Canada, you must always keep a legal status until you become a permanent resident. If you do not, you could be removed from Canada. If an immigration document was issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Work Permit, Study Permit or a stamp in your passport), this document states for how long you can stay in Canada. Having a legal status means that your document or authorization to stay in Canada is still valid.

You have two options available in order to maintain a legal status in Canada until you become a permanent resident:

1. Depending under which immigration program you apply, you could apply for an extension of your status as a visitor, student or worker, while applying for your permanent resident status. If you choose this option, complete both an application to extend your status and an application for permanent residence and mail them before your current status expires. Be sure to include both applications and all the necessary supporting documents and payment for each application in the same envelope.

If you stay in Canada during the processing of your application, you will only have to extend your status once because this option will allow you to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time your application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If your status expires before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will still have a legal status in Canada. This is known as implied status.

2. You can apply to extend your status as a visitor, student or worker separately from the application for permanent residence; you must do it before the expiry date of your current status. You may have to extend your status more than once.
The application is available on our Web site. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or fill it out by hand.

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background verifications for you and, if applicable, your family members. "

I am panicking right now as my hubby went for his medical on Fri, shwed the Dr. his passport, gave the forms and pics had the medical and left. Sat he realized he did not have his passport. The Dr. can't seem to find it. Fortunately I have a photocopy in order to send with PR application. However, getting a new one is going to be a hassle from here.

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
frenchie57 said:
I already explained my whole landing interview story and I just wanted to say thanks everybody for your support. This forum helped me a lot ! You guys rock !

Today, I received a mail from CIC with my open work permit ... 2 days after becoming a PR ... ahahah completely useless
Frenchie
how long after AIP did you receive the open work permit?
I mean did you apply after AIP? or with application?

cheers

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi guys,

My wife just received AOR(email) tonight exactly 10:10pm Saskatchewan time.
Kindly add me to the spreadsheet. Our application was received Aug24 as per canada post tracking number.

AIP----> next waiting game hehe

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
canham2012 said:
Hi Thanks!! I am so excited, Yeah hope everyone gets it soon. It seems they are already working on June applications :D . They mailed the letter on friday, so I will get it in a day or two .

Just one more question, I am on student visa right now, will AIP allow me to change my status in university, so that I dont have to pay international fees ?
Congrats Canham! That gives me some hope for June applicants! Also my husband called yesterday asking for my CSQ to the local office (quebec applicant) and they already approved our application and sent the info to the CIC, hopefully my CSQ will be here soon... Also any news from CIC too :) I'm so excited! ;D