+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

emely.tran

Nov 3, 2011
Still very new to this and need to start picking up the lingo on here, but could you tell me what AN stands for?

I was also told my work permit was denied because I needed to apply for it from outside Canada. Since I've already been denied once, does this affect my chances if I apply for another work permit?

Also, do you know if I can apply for an outland work permit while doing inland PR?

Thank you both for your help btw!

sandylew

Jul 21, 2012
emely.tran said:
Still very new to this and need to start picking up the lingo on here, but could you tell me what AN stands for?

I was also told my work permit was denied because I needed to apply for it from outside Canada. Since I've already been denied once, does this affect my chances if I apply for another work permit?

Also, do you know if I can apply for an outland work permit while doing inland PR?

Thank you both for your help btw!
AN = Application Number
Your first work permit need to be apply outside Canada. I do not think it would affect another work permit.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
emely.tran said:
Hi everyone. I am an American with a Canadian husband who is sponsoring me in Quebec.

I have been in Quebec for about 6 months but only sent out my application in July because I was waiting for my police certificate.

I've been following this forum for a few months now and finally decided to post something. It's nice to know that I am not the only one going through this long and stressful process.

Here is what little information I have so far:

Application Sent: July 11, 2012
Application Received: July 17, 2012

I had applied for an open work permit in September and received a letter of denial in October.

I am still learning about this whole process and am a bit confused on what to do still. I was hoping someone could shed some light on my situation. I apologize if my post is a bit long but I just want to explain my whole situation. Can anyone help answer the following question(s)? :

1. Since I applied inland, CIC advises that I don't leave Canada until the PR application is done. Since my application is not being processed yet, does that mean I should go back to the states until my application is on ECAS? What I've been doing is leaving and coming back to Canada to renew my status every 3 months (or however much time the immigration officer allows me to stay). Every time I leave Canada I'm scared that I will be refused entry and my application will be abandoned but every officer I've spoken to has told be even though I've applied for PR, I have no status. This completely contradicts CIC telling me I cannot leave. I'm very confused on what to do.

I just got back from the borders this morning and got a 3 month extension to stay in Quebec. The officer I spoke with told me to apply for a french course so I could apply for a CAQ so I could stay in Canada for a longer period of time.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question or if I am being unclear. My mind is going in a million directions at once.

I guess to keep it short and simple:
What do you do after you send out your application? Do you wait in Canada even if it takes more than 6 months (the amount of time I'm allowed to stay as a tourist)?

I guess in retrospect I should have just applied outland, but it's too late for that now...Anyways if you've made it all the way down to here, thank you for reading my entire post and any advice or help would be appreciated!!

Have a nice day :)
hi, emily, im no expert but here's what supposed to happen, this opinion is based on my situation, im from montreal by the way.

first, regarding your status, you can stay in quebec even if your tourist expires since you're married to a canadian and you already submitted your inland application. Just submit an extension of stay from within canada before it expires if you do not wish to lose your status. That's what I have been doing, extending my visit permit and my reasons are, to be with my husband and my baby while waiting for my sponsorship application to be finalized.

After around 3-4 months from the time you submitted your sposorship application, you should be receiving an email or letter confirming thAt your application has been received and an instruction to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate/Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ). You apply for this CSQ here in quebec. Once you filed for CSQ it will take about 1-2 mos to be approved.

Once you get approved for CSQ, all you have to do is wait until you will get approved for AIP (i think this stands for Application in Process). It will take about 6-8 mos from the time you submitted your application to CIC. By then you and ur husband should receive a letter stating that you are eligible for permanent resdency, and sometimes if you did not include medical or police clearance, CIC will request you to do it. and that is the stage 1 approval.

When you get your AIP, you can apply for an OWP, open work permit, health insurance from REGIE de l'assurance maladie. So after AIP, if all your documents are complete, you have to wait for the stage 2 approval. In my case I waited about 2 months from the time I got AIP. Again you will receive a letter regarding this.

When you get approved for Stage 2, you have to wait for a letter from local immigration office in quebec, for further instructions. That is what i have been waiting since I get a letter of my Approval.

Basically, all you have to do is wait and comply on whatever CIC is requesting during the whole 12-18 months of processing. I have renewed my visit permit for 2 times now and hoping to not renew it next year, and finally get over with this "waiting game". I applied in November 2011, and I got the Stage 2 approval in August31. Unfortunately, that's all I can share with you right now, since I haven't got any letter from montreal immigration yet. Try to find this topic 2012 Quebec Inland Applicants.

Best of luck with you application!

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
Hi Can i be added to the spreadsheet please. My application was sent July 2012 no AOR yet.

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
emely.tran said:
Hi everyone. I am an American with a Canadian husband who is sponsoring me in Quebec.

I have been in Quebec for about 6 months but only sent out my application in July because I was waiting for my police certificate.

I've been following this forum for a few months now and finally decided to post something. It's nice to know that I am not the only one going through this long and stressful process.

Here is what little information I have so far:

Application Sent: July 11, 2012
Application Received: July 17, 2012

I had applied for an open work permit in September and received a letter of denial in October.

I am still learning about this whole process and am a bit confused on what to do still. I was hoping someone could shed some light on my situation. I apologize if my post is a bit long but I just want to explain my whole situation. Can anyone help answer the following question(s)? :

1. Since I applied inland, CIC advises that I don't leave Canada until the PR application is done. Since my application is not being processed yet, does that mean I should go back to the states until my application is on ECAS? What I've been doing is leaving and coming back to Canada to renew my status every 3 months (or however much time the immigration officer allows me to stay). Every time I leave Canada I'm scared that I will be refused entry and my application will be abandoned but every officer I've spoken to has told be even though I've applied for PR, I have no status. This completely contradicts CIC telling me I cannot leave. I'm very confused on what to do.

I just got back from the borders this morning and got a 3 month extension to stay in Quebec. The officer I spoke with told me to apply for a french course so I could apply for a CAQ so I could stay in Canada for a longer period of time.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question or if I am being unclear. My mind is going in a million directions at once.

I guess to keep it short and simple:
What do you do after you send out your application? Do you wait in Canada even if it takes more than 6 months (the amount of time I'm allowed to stay as a tourist)?

I guess in retrospect I should have just applied outland, but it's too late for that now...Anyways if you've made it all the way down to here, thank you for reading my entire post and any advice or help would be appreciated!!

Have a nice day :)

Hi, just for my own experience there is no problem travelling in and out Canada during applying for PR.

I had travelled twice to USA and twice for Brazil, once longer than a month.

On my way back I just had with me some of the application papers, my postal receipt and confirmation of receival, my AOR and ofiicers where really nice and gave my one year visitor visa.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Sandman

Where in Canada do you live?

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Sandman

Not far away. We may have to get together for a drink when this is all done!

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been going through the posts and figuring out the Lingo. Can anyone tell me what AOR means? I am sponsoring my spouse. Here is the timeline below:
March 23rd 2012 - Application sent
March 26th 2012 - Application received by Vegreville office
October 11th 2012 - email received confirming receipt of the application
The next line states: Your file has been transferred to the Etobicoke Office. The office may contact you.
October 16th - a decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you.

Can anyone tell me if this is good or bad?

It was a complete application with medical, police certificate, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Spuh_dyna

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty53 said:
Sandman

Not far away. We may have to get together for a drink when this is all done!
I want to drink too haha!!!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Wolanila

I am usually in Regina a couple of times a month. The last time my wife was with me. Siam is the best Thai restaurant in SK by far.

PM me.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Spuh_dyna said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been going through the posts and figuring out the Lingo. Can anyone tell me what AOR means? I am sponsoring my spouse. Here is the timeline below:
March 23rd 2012 - Application sent
March 26th 2012 - Application received by Vegreville office
October 11th 2012 - email received confirming receipt of the application
The next line states: Your file has been transferred to the Etobicoke Office. The office may contact you.
October 16th - a decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you.

Can anyone tell me if this is good or bad?

It was a complete application with medical, police certificate, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Spuh_dyna

probably it's a good decision :) just wait to receive the mail and see that's the AIP so we can congratulate soon. fingers crossed!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty53 said:
Wolanila

I am usually in Regina a couple of times a month. The last time my wife was with me. Siam is the best Thai restaurant in SK by far.

PM me.

I love siam

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
Hi everybody!

We sent our application in June and they received June 15th, my husband got an email October 17th where confirm the receipt (AOR) and the October 18th got an email that said they start to process our application October 16th and ask to proceed with Quebec... They don't ask for nothing more in that letter (just to send the undertaking application and the CSQ), so that's good news for us?

Good luck to all in this process ;)