+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Hi, buzybee

It's sooo cool being part of your spreedsheet. Actually I didn't know that I was added on, but THANKS anyway.

It always a relief talking to people that is going through the same experience.

Actually noticed that you are from Brazil. Did you do your application inland or outland, I was tempted to do in Brazil cause the time was shorter but decided to apply inland cause medical and etc...

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
Never thought this would be pain in the butt ::)received a letter yesterday for client update history so i called CiC aN agent told me to disregard the letter but me worrying so much since i called again and talked to a different agent she did all the checking of my application and told me yes to fill out the form and send it back she did however confirm that stage 1 was complete i hope it wont be to much longer so much stress over this

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ughh the 1st stage has again gone up to 6 months from 5-6 months(( Speed it upppppppppp! :p

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Six months is awesome! It sure beats 2 years. Stay positive!

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
6 months is great - comparing 11 months showing on July when I sent the papers ;)

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
OWP - Open Work Permit

Hi there... We will be mailing our application in the next couple of weeks.

Do we add the OWP application with it at the end? or does that go somewhere else.
Thanks!

if you have any advice for how you organized your documents that would be great!
Hi there! We are about to send off our package to Vegreville!
A couple last things I would love your help with.

We are grouping our application into 3 parts.... Sponsor, Applicant and Supporting... What's the verdict on presentation? Staple forms but not supporting details of the form? no staples at all? We have an extensive table of contents explaining each item at the beginning of the whole package and at the beginning of each section.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: OWP - Open Work Permit

Victorswife said:
Do we add the OWP application with it at the end? or does that go somewhere else.
Yes. If you have a complete OWP application, the VO will process the application at the same time as AIP.

Victorswife said:
We are grouping our application into 3 parts.... Sponsor, Applicant and Supporting... What's the verdict on presentation? Staple forms but not supporting details of the form? no staples at all? We have an extensive table of contents explaining each item at the beginning of the whole package and at the beginning of each section.
No staples.

Yes, this is a fairly standard organizational scheme. You can put each section in a separate envelope (e.g., 9x13, with a clear label on it).

moeytja

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
Doc's Request.
July 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
Sent in october 2012 along w police cert
Interview........
we were asked for another police cert sept 2013
Passport Req..
they received new police cert nov 2013
hey guys... so what's the bottom line with stage 2... like in a nutshell, how long is it taking now these days? is it faster this year like stage 1?

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joining in on this! Very glad to see the processing times going down as well.

I'm American and being sponsored by my Canadian husband.

We have been together for four years and got married in July. :)
Ended up having a fairly thick complete application. I can't tell you how much I've worried that I've missed something! I put together the application fairly quickly since my police check was about to expire (huge oops on my part).

We mailed out our application September 24 and it was received on the 26th.

emely.tran

Nov 3, 2011
Hi everyone. I am an American with a Canadian husband who is sponsoring me in Quebec.

I have been in Quebec for about 6 months but only sent out my application in July because I was waiting for my police certificate.

I've been following this forum for a few months now and finally decided to post something. It's nice to know that I am not the only one going through this long and stressful process.

Here is what little information I have so far:

Application Sent: July 11, 2012
Application Received: July 17, 2012

I had applied for an open work permit in September and received a letter of denial in October.

I am still learning about this whole process and am a bit confused on what to do still. I was hoping someone could shed some light on my situation. I apologize if my post is a bit long but I just want to explain my whole situation. Can anyone help answer the following question(s)? :

1. Since I applied inland, CIC advises that I don't leave Canada until the PR application is done. Since my application is not being processed yet, does that mean I should go back to the states until my application is on ECAS? What I've been doing is leaving and coming back to Canada to renew my status every 3 months (or however much time the immigration officer allows me to stay). Every time I leave Canada I'm scared that I will be refused entry and my application will be abandoned but every officer I've spoken to has told be even though I've applied for PR, I have no status. This completely contradicts CIC telling me I cannot leave. I'm very confused on what to do.

I just got back from the borders this morning and got a 3 month extension to stay in Quebec. The officer I spoke with told me to apply for a french course so I could apply for a CAQ so I could stay in Canada for a longer period of time.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question or if I am being unclear. My mind is going in a million directions at once.

I guess to keep it short and simple:
What do you do after you send out your application? Do you wait in Canada even if it takes more than 6 months (the amount of time I'm allowed to stay as a tourist)?

I guess in retrospect I should have just applied outland, but it's too late for that now...Anyways if you've made it all the way down to here, thank you for reading my entire post and any advice or help would be appreciated!!

Have a nice day :)

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emely.tran said:
Hi everyone. I am an American with a Canadian husband who is sponsoring me in Quebec.

I have been in Quebec for about 6 months but only sent out my application in July because I was waiting for my police certificate.

I've been following this forum for a few months now and finally decided to post something. It's nice to know that I am not the only one going through this long and stressful process.

I had applied for an open work permit in September and received a letter of denial in October.

I am still learning about this whole process and am a bit confused on what to do still. I was hoping someone could shed some light on my situation. I apologize if my post is a bit long but I just want to explain my whole situation. Can anyone help answer the following question(s)? :

1. Since I applied inland, CIC advises that I don't leave Canada until the PR application is done. Since my application is not being processed yet, does that mean I should go back to the states until my application is on ECAS? What I've been doing is leaving and coming back to Canada to renew my status every 3 months (or however much time the immigration officer allows me to stay). Every time I leave Canada I'm scared that I will be refused entry and my application will be abandoned but every officer I've spoken to has told be even though I've applied for PR, I have no status. This completely contradicts CIC telling me I cannot leave. I'm very confused on what to do.

I just got back from the borders this morning and got a 3 month extension to stay in Quebec. The officer I spoke with told me to apply for a french course so I could apply for a CAQ so I could stay in Canada for a longer period of time.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question or if I am being unclear. My mind is going in a million directions at once.

What do you do after you send out your application? Do you wait in Canada even if it takes more than 6 months (the amount of time I'm allowed to stay as a tourist)?
If quebec is the same as Ontario , than you can just apply for a visa extension 1 month before your current visa expire. (in your case you should apply in 2 month). You shouldn't leave the country until the whole process is done,because if they deny you at the entry your case is cancelled.

Include a letter with your visa application and explain your situation , that you applied for PR.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

You can apply for a work permit after AIP (This is the first stage) which is about 6 month from the date you sent in your application.
(This is in Ontario , not 100% sure if quebec is the same)

Don't leave the country until you Landed!

Read on the CIC website , that can help you a lot.

PS: The visitor visa processing time is 3 month, don't worry about that, you still have a status if you send in the extension, before the last one expire)
This called implied status. (They let you to stay until they decide about your extension, they won't refuse you because of the PR application)

sandylew

Jul 21, 2012
emely.tran said:

I am not from Quebec. I am not very sure the difference,
but general speaking since you applied inland, you are better stay in Canada to wait for the decision.
As you sent our the application on mid July, you should be getting the AN in next couple week. My application was received on July 6, and I got the AN 3 days ago. According to the current process time, it takes about 6 months for the 1 stage. You have waited for 3.5 months and got 3 month extension, so your current Visa should be ok till they make a decison. Once you get AIP, you can apply for the Open Work Permit.

After you send your application, you can't really do anything beside waiting. Or once you receive your AN, you can apply for a visitor record. In your application, tell CIC you are applying for the PR under family class, and attach your AN so they konw what you are doing. I think you should be able to get a visitor record that allows you stay longer. One of my friends got one for 2 years extension.