vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th July 2012
Med's Done....
27th June 2012
walter8299 said:
For those that did "medical exam" in ontario (or particular in Greater Toronto Area).

Do you mind sharing info either here or PM me about which doctor you used and how was the process and experience?

The reason I am asking is because my wife is Chinese, so she prefers one that speaks the same language in case they ask her difficult medical terms that she won't understand if it was in English. However, we called a few from the list that is given to us by CIC. Those receptionist seems to have something against my wife, she asked them politely about when we can go in for the check, how is the process, and how much.

One say was "$190, come in 9 to 11 tomorrow" then quickly hung up.
Another one just say "$190, come in on Friday" then hung up and didn't give us a time.

I know they are busy as I have my own family doctor and they are busy everytime I need to see them. But atleast the receptionist is more polite.

For a doctor with a front desk of that type of manner, I don't know if I can trust them honestly.

Could you guys share some experience? Thank you :)
I was at doctor Francis Li and he was really nice doctor. It's just next to the Pape station at pape ave east york
Phone: (416) 778-1810

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
I need your advice. I received AIP saying I may apply for work and study permit. I am wondering what to do. To apply for OWP or wait for my PR. OWP takes 3 months right.? Does applying for it slow down the process? What is your advice, guys? thanks.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
KUKULICKA said:
I was at doctor Francis Li and he was really nice doctor. It's just next to the Pape station at pape ave east york
Phone: (416) 778-1810
CanED said:
Walter,

Mine was in Thornhill,

It was fine but didn't go into much really. Just weight, height, chest x-ray and bloods and that is it done. We needed $30 cash for postage and the rest was put on debit. Again about the same as you were quoted. Just waiting for them to be updated on ECAS now. I did mine over a month ago but still nothing. I think it could take 7 or 8 weeks from what I have been reading on some posts.

I got the same when calling for an apoointment. But there is nothing to worry about in regards to trust, as I would imagine there has to be a certain level of conduct to get on the list of DMP.
ItisTime said:
walter, here is the info of the doctor office i went to. My experience was very good. The examination was very good too. The doctor is chineese male..

CML Imaging
2901 Lawrence Ave E 103
Scarborough
416 266 7535

All the best!
Thanks for all the quick response! Much appreciated :)

By the way, after we got our AIP, in my wife's letter, CIC attached a form that with her info already entered in.
Does the doctor mail in that form for us, or they will sign/stamp and we mail that ourselves?
I have heard about the doctor will enter something in the system and CIC can have access to it.
So how does this work exactly?

So I give my wife's UCI, the form, some ID, a photo to the doctor. If everything is good, they will fill their portion, sign, stamp.
Based on what I have read before, people mail in the medical form themselves, so I suppose that is what we should be doing too, and we should be expecting to get the form back from the doctor?

We've been trying to call Francis Li too... His front desk never picks up the phone, or when she does, she hangs up quick and speaks less than 10 words (in chinese). Haha :D

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
walter8299 said:
Thanks for all the quick response! Much appreciated :)

By the way, after we got our AIP, in my wife's letter, CIC attached a form that with her info already entered in.
Does the doctor mail in that form for us, or they will sign/stamp and we mail that ourselves?
I have heard about the doctor will enter something in the system and CIC can have access to it.
So how does this work exactly?

So I give my wife's UCI, the form, some ID, a photo to the doctor. If everything is good, they will fill their portion, sign, stamp.
Based on what I have read before, people mail in the medical form themselves, so I suppose that is what we should be doing too, and we should be expecting to get the form back from the doctor?

We've been trying to call Francis Li too... His front desk never picks up the phone, or when she does, she hangs up quick and speaks less than 10 words (in chinese). Haha :D
Hi Walter,

The Doctor will send along the medical results to Ottawa and CIC Vegreville will access them through there. You will get a form stating that your wife has completed the medical and you send this to CIC yourself as a confirmation that the medical was done. The Doctor will explain the whole process to you in any case. But there is little for you to do. Just mail off the confirm.

All the best,

CanED.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Imim said:
I need your advice. I received AIP saying I may apply for work and study permit. I am wondering what to do. To apply for OWP or wait for my PR. OWP takes 3 months right.? Does applying for it slow down the process? What is your advice, guys? thanks.
It only takes 2 months according to the website - if you apply online.

Apply. If you get DM before you get the OWP, you can withdraw your OWP application and get your fee back. If you get the OWP then you can go find a job. Even if you get DM, it still takes 2-10 weeks before you land, and then you have to wait another 3 months for your PR card to show up so you can go get your SIN number (the fact they require your PR card for someone who landed inland is crazy, but that is what the rules say although I've heard some people say they got it right away.)

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
computergeek said:

Apply. If you get DM before you get the OWP, you can withdraw your OWP application and get your fee back. If you get the OWP then you can go find a job. Even if you get DM, it still takes 2-10 weeks before you land, and then you have to wait another 3 months for your PR card to show up so you can go get your SIN number (the fact they require your PR card for someone who landed inland is crazy, but that is what the rules say although I've heard some people say they got it right away.)
Thank you very much. I opened the Cic site on Work Temporary IN Canada and one of the requirements is to have a job offer. Do I need that? I would like to apply online and don't know how to do it. If you can give me a link or tell me where to look. Thanks

kermit

Jan 21, 2011
Hi just wanted to ask regarding applying work permit.i am a foreign worker my permit will expire january 2013.i told to my employer i will not renew my contract coz i can apply an open work permit.but in my ecas it says decision made and cic edmonton will contact me.do i need to apply open work permit or just wait for their email.aip received oct 11.thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Imim said:
Thank you very much. I opened the Cic site on Work Temporary IN Canada and one of the requirements is to have a job offer. Do I need that? I would like to apply online and don't know how to do it. If you can give me a link or tell me where to look. Thanks
Curse the generic forms. No, you don't need that. The form applies to all possible cases, so don't fill in the bits that don't apply to you, or if you do have to fill it in, put something generic and attach an extra page explaining the real situation. CIC seems to be good at figuring out what you are trying to do, fortunately.

Imim

Sep 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
computergeek said:
Curse the generic forms. No, you don't need that. The form applies to all possible cases, so don't fill in the bits that don't apply to you, or if you do have to fill it in, put something generic and attach an extra page explaining the real situation. CIC seems to be good at figuring out what you are trying to do, fortunately.
Thank you very much. I am going to get the OWP as soon as possible.

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
computergeek said:

When I called Service Canada this morning, she said that you can get your SIN immediately after landing interview as long as
1/ the immigration officer does his job (she mentioned that they have to write something on the COPR, and then on the passport and then told me "just tell them they need to do what is necessary for you to get your SIN)
2/ you are from a country that does not require a visa counterfoil

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks Ossie 2 for your answer!!
Today i called CIC and the agent just told me a general answer. He said that they are working on applications received on April 23 still and it may take other 2 or 3 weeks for me to hear from them.
So.. I guess i have to wait and see what happen..
Have a great day everyone!!

Ossie-2 said:
Liz, some of the AIP letters seem to have been mailed by post, so you might want to contact the call centre , especially as it takes time to update the ecas records.

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I want to apply for open work permit by paper application. (i already got AIP)
What should i write to the current country of residence question. TO part?
I am implied right now because i am waiting for my visitor visa extension.
It says the date must be greater than today...
Any idea Computergeek or anyone who knows the answer?
Thanks
John

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in canada , the date is the issue not the country.
I didnt get my visitor visa extension yet , so i don't have a date to enter.
It must be greater than todays date. Last one expired sept 30...
I cant apply online for the same reason, i can't pass that step.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
just received awesome news!

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in MONTREAL will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status."

YAY!!!!!!

It's OVER!!