Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
thnx Johanna for the detailed reply ,i really appreciate that.

I called CIC too today to ask about what after AIP ,they said that they inform the sponsor n the applicant about AIP at the same time by mail n the letter that has been addressed to my spouse contains info about getting health coverage n work permit.which we havent received yet ,hope to c that soon.

Actually we applied for OWP along with our application so as i understand they shall b issuing it along with AIP ,m i right?

About health card i heard somewhere that for meeting requirements of temporary OHIP ,one needs AIP as well as proof that we hav sent medical to cic n its a pass.Dont knw if its true or not.

I c you got thru ur stage 2 as well ,u sent ur medicals along with the application? what to xpect after stage 2?

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Here's hoping today is the big day for March 2012 inland applicants.

Application sent to CIC Vegreville: March 5, 2012
Received by CIC: March 12, 2012
Started Processing Sponsorship Application: June 29, 2012 - notified by email
Medical Done: February 2012
Police Check: February 2012
Visitor Visa Extended: until June 2013

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
Nahmed said:
Hi Sara,
Does your ecas say that "application in process"?

Congrats to new aip holders :)
Yes, my Ecas says application in process as of August 8, 2012

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
Since my previous post didn't get any attention, I'll try my luck again and re-post it. I appreciate if you can shed some light on my question please..

Hello everybody. Thank you for this enlightening thread..

My wife and our son are Canadian citizens. She is sponsoring me. We sent our inland application while we were both in Canada (I have a valid study permit). After that, we had to leave Canada for some family issues and went back to our home country. We plan to come back to Canada as soon as I get my PR. Is their a problem of leaving Canada before the PR is granted? (note: my study permit is still valid). Please find below my stat:

Application received: Nov, 4 - 2011
Processing started: Aug 31st, 2012
Approved in principle: Aug 31, 2012
Medical and police certificate sent: Sep 20, 2012

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Deepcove said:
Since my previous post didn't get any attention, I'll try my luck again and re-post it. I appreciate if you can shed some light on my question please..

Hello everybody. Thank you for this enlightening thread..

My wife and our son are Canadian citizens. She is sponsoring me. We sent our inland application while we were both in Canada (I have a valid study permit). After that, we had to leave Canada for some family issues and went back to our home country. We plan to come back to Canada as soon as I get my PR. Is their a problem of leaving Canada before the PR is granted? (note: my study permit is still valid). Please find below my stat:

Application received: Nov, 4 - 2011
Processing started: Aug 31st, 2012
Approved in principle: Aug 31, 2012
Medical and police certificate sent: Sep 20, 2012
Hi Deepcove,

You are advised not to travel until the full process has been completed. You should have made CIC aware of your reasons for travel. If your study permit is still valid you could try returning to Canada on that, but if you arestopped and not allowed back in then your current application for PR will be deemed void as far as I am aware and you will have to start the process again. Not very positive I know but from what I have heard I think it's correct. Best of luck.

Regards,

CanED

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Hi Deepcove

CanED is right in his reasons ,even CIC doesnt suggest u to travel because they cannot guarantee that u vl b allowed to re-enter .upon re-entering canada ,the officer at the port has the final authority to let a person in or not.

I need a little advise regarding my case from u ,u got ur AIP on August 30 2012 and u managed to send medical and police clearance in 20 days, were you asked for it from cic to send medical n police certificate?

I ,the sponsor,received my AIP on 20th sept but my spouse(the principle appl) has not received anything so i wonder what should i do ,wait for medical request or send myself.Can u suggest?

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
CanED said:
Hi Deepcove,

You are advised not to travel until the full process has been completed. You should have made CIC aware of your reasons for travel. If your study permit is still valid you could try returning to Canada on that, but if you arestopped and not allowed back in then your current application for PR will be deemed void as far as I am aware and you will have to start the process again. Not very positive I know but from what I have heard I think it's correct. Best of luck.

Regards,

CanED
Thank you CanED. Canceling the application entirely seems to me a very strong punishment for leaving Canada, especially that I don't remember CIC advising me not to do so while filling the forms. Any way, I tend to believe that if the officer considers me inadmissible to Canada then it won't matter whither I have study permit or PR.

I appreciate your advise though :)

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
i.imran said:
Hi Deepcove

CanED is right in his reasons ,even CIC doesnt suggest u to travel because they cannot guarantee that u vl b allowed to re-enter .upon re-entering canada ,the officer at the port has the final authority to let a person in or not.

I need a little advise regarding my case from u ,u got ur AIP on August 30 2012 and u managed to send medical and police clearance in 20 days, were you asked for it from cic to send medical n police certificate?

I ,the sponsor,received my AIP on 20th sept but my spouse(the principle appl) has not received anything so i wonder what should i do ,wait for medical request or send myself.Can u suggest?
Hi Imran,

in Aug 31, I received a letter from CIC advising me that I'm approved in principle, yet I need to submit both the medical test and the police certificate from my home country (which is a good reason to travel to my country since the authorities in my country don't respond to police certificate requests from abroad). As soon as I received the medical form from CIC (which was included in the mail) I did the test in my home country, and sent it back. It is currently in the mail.. I hope it gets there soon.

If you were approved, then your spouse should receive a letter soon. In my case, there was a week difference between the arrival of my letters and my wife's letter. You may want to wait a few days before contacting CIC to inquire about that.

I wish you the best of luck imran :)

JOR2012

Sep 26, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm new in this forum, and will need some help! I am permanent resident sponsoring my husband inland.
We sent my husband's application on August 31st and they received on September 5th, we sent the OWP application with the sponsored application for Permanent Resident.
He has a closed work permit now and will expire the end of october, so, my question is, Is he going to be able to work while waiting the AIP(implied status) or should we apply for another work permit???
The main problem is that we will have to travel and he will loose the implied status, so, can we apply for another work permit before leaving, and before expiring his visa?
Help please

Thank you

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Deepcove said:
Thank you CanED. Canceling the application entirely seems to me a very strong punishment for leaving Canada, especially that I don't remember CIC advising me not to do so while filling the forms. Any way, I tend to believe that if the officer considers me inadmissible to Canada then it won't matter whither I have study permit or PR.

I appreciate your advise though :)
Hi Deepcove,

I know - it seems very heavy handed to cancel an application in this case but unfortunately that is what I have read. I understand your rationale on travelling on a study permit or on your PR card, but in this case that is not the issue. The issue is that under CIC guidelines - the applicant should not travel while a PR application is in process as if they were not allowed back into Canada then the application would be cancelled. I will look for some information on this but - when beginning the whole process I called CIC to check whether I would be able to travel and they advised me not too over the phone.

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Deepcove said:
Hi Imran,

in Aug 31, I received a letter from CIC advising me that I'm approved in principle, yet I need to submit both the medical test and the police certificate from my home country (which is a good reason to travel to my country since the authorities in my country don't respond to police certificate requests from abroad). As soon as I received the medical form from CIC (which was included in the mail) I did the test in my home country, and sent it back. It is currently in the mail.. I hope it gets there soon.

If you were approved, then your spouse should receive a letter soon. In my case, there was a week difference between the arrival of my letters and my wife's letter. You may want to wait a few days before contacting CIC to inquire about that.

I wish you the best of luck imran :)
Thanku Deepcove for the info

its so hard to wait while expecting something from cic :) but i guess i hav no option.Actually the AIP i recieved had nothing but statement saying i meet the requirements as sponsor n then they had reminded my duties as a sponsor. While i was expecting a work permit as well because we applied for OWP along with our appl to sponsor.
Another unusual thing i got to knw that my landlord has received a letter from CIC asking if my spouse lives at this address or not.I guess its a part of their security checking :s

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Peaches14 said:
Here's hoping today is the big day for March 2012 inland applicants.

Application sent to CIC Vegreville: March 5, 2012
Received by CIC: March 12, 2012
Started Processing Sponsorship Application: June 29, 2012 - notified by email
Medical Done: February 2012
Police Check: February 2012
Visitor Visa Extended: until June 2013
I hope so too mate, :)but why would you think that? Are feb apps all done?

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
sarakhans said:
Yes, my Ecas says application in process as of August 8, 2012
Mine just says, application received on 19 march 2012....
Dont know whats happeing...

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
As of last weekend I know they were working on February's because somebody reported getting an email indicating that their sponsorship was approved in principle. So even if it is updated to February 5 this week they will definitely be working on March's by the weekend. I am confident we will be getting good news very soon. P

Deepcove

Sep 22, 2012
i.imran said:
Thanku Deepcove for the info

its so hard to wait while expecting something from cic :) but i guess i hav no option.Actually the AIP i recieved had nothing but statement saying i meet the requirements as sponsor n then they had reminded my duties as a sponsor. While i was expecting a work permit as well because we applied for OWP along with our appl to sponsor.
Another unusual thing i got to knw that my landlord has received a letter from CIC asking if my spouse lives at this address or not.I guess its a part of their security checking :s
Contacting the landlord? hmmm.. I wonder if this is a new security measure or has been done before. Do yiu think they do it to everybody or just selected cases?