AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
johanna125 said:
congrats buzybee. so happy for you.

hi caned. We also didnt receive any email notice. My sponsor and I just saw changes in our ECAS to DM. I think it depends on the visa officer handling your account. Some send emails only, some update ecas first, etc.
I called up visa office this morning to double check results, and agent I talked to said the same thing about whats in my ECAS.

Buzybee, my ecas page on PR says "DM-our office will contact you blah blah..", but it didnt say Scarborough, but I live in Toronto too so I dont know yet what landing office they'll assign me.

Someone from the 2011 forum said that the interview that they is mentioned in the Stage 2 letter (PR completion notice) is just a formality when you sign your PR papers when you land. Basically, youre finished with the processing. you just have to sign papers, pay landing fee, submit photos and go to landing office with partner/spouse. Here's the difference:

1. If Interview is before Stage 1 decision --- means they will interview you and your sponsor and ask tricky questions because they doubt your relationship or marriage

2. if interview is after Stage 2 decision - means nothing. Just a formality procedure on your landing date where they ask you questions like:
2.1 have you committed a crime since you came here?
2.2. are you still with spouse/partner?
2.3. do you have dependents waiting to be sponsored soon? kids? etc.

Lets keep each other posted about landing dates thanks.

johanna
Thanks Johanna,

I called CIC this morning for a definitive answer. Had a little bit of a shock yesterday when I logged onto my ECAS for the first time to see that our old address was still listed as my mailing address in the system. Started to panic that the OWP could go to our old address. Anyway I called them to confirm that everything was okay and they said that I should get it any day now. So we are through stage one! All the very best with the landing interview; I hope it is smooth sailing from here on in! Hopefully my medical won't delay things too much. I hear it can add three months when they are waiting for information. I will keep you all updated.

Good luck to all.

CanED

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
johanna125 said:
congrats buzybee. so happy for you.

hi caned. We also didnt receive any email notice. My sponsor and I just saw changes in our ECAS to DM. I think it depends on the visa officer handling your account. Some send emails only, some update ecas first, etc.
I called up visa office this morning to double check results, and agent I talked to said the same thing about whats in my ECAS.

Buzybee, my ecas page on PR says "DM-our office will contact you blah blah..", but it didnt say Scarborough, but I live in Toronto too so I dont know yet what landing office they'll assign me.

Someone from the 2011 forum said that the interview that they is mentioned in the Stage 2 letter (PR completion notice) is just a formality when you sign your PR papers when you land. Basically, youre finished with the processing. you just have to sign papers, pay landing fee, submit photos and go to landing office with partner/spouse. Here's the difference:

1. If Interview is before Stage 1 decision --- means they will interview you and your sponsor and ask tricky questions because they doubt your relationship or marriage

2. if interview is after Stage 2 decision - means nothing. Just a formality procedure on your landing date where they ask you questions like:
2.1 have you committed a crime since you came here?
2.2. are you still with spouse/partner?
2.3. do you have dependents waiting to be sponsored soon? kids? etc.

Lets keep each other posted about landing dates thanks.

johanna
Johanna,

So your application is complete as well?!?!?! Congrats!
So i called CIC yesterday just to ask some questions. Unfortunately the gentlemen wasn't much help (maybe i wasn't asking the right questions) and he mentioned that the wait for Scarborough is 3 months. Meaning it could take that long for then to contact me regarding a date. Based on Inland 2011 forum some people have gone to Etobicoke and another area around Toronto i can't remember, North York maybe....???? I'm about 2 hours away from Toronto, so i don't know how they decided who goes to what office. You could call and ask or just wait.... I was too excited and anxious to just wait lol. I needed to know!! haha.

Best of luck to everyone else!!!

Jbel have you heard anything??? any updates??

What about canuck2k, caregirl747, yankanuck, RR, i.imran..... anything??

Buzybee

RR

Sep 11, 2012
Hello, do I have to get a job offer from an employer in order to apply for OWP after AIP? How long does it take to be issued?

buzybee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 19, 2012
AOR Received.
April 25, 2012
RR said:
Hello, do I have to get a job offer from an employer in order to apply for OWP after AIP? How long does it take to be issued?
So RR you got your AIP??
I would call CIC just to verify but based on what i found with an OWP you don't need an employer. I have one through applying for a Post Graduate Work Permit. And basically you can work for any employer without needing a letter or anything.

These web pages could help

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E3

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
RR said:
no,opw allow you to work with any employer w/o job offer.If you apply it along with your pr you will get it on your second stage approval. :D

Mu

Apr 17, 2012
yangski said:
no,opw allow you to work with any employer w/o job offer.If you apply it along with your pr you will get it on your second stage approval. :D
If you are sponsored by your spouse then you don't need job offer and your application sent with ur PR application.

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mu said:
If you are sponsored by your spouse then you don't need job offer and your application sent with ur PR application.

yeah thats why i qoute with/out job offer... :D

Mu

Apr 17, 2012
Hi Johanna,
good to read all you guys post and I'm just wondering which number that you call CIC? i try several times and it said all the line are busy and call another time. Is that the number on the website? or diff number to reach them.

I am so worry for my husband.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
Mu said:
Hi Johanna,
good to read all you guys post and I'm just wondering which number that you call CIC? i try several times and it said all the line are busy and call another time. Is that the number on the website? or diff number to reach them.

I am so worry for my husband.
Mu there is no need to worry. Call the number from the website - I had to try them 5-10 times this morning before getting past the "our lines are very busy" message. Even after getting through I was on hold for over 10 minutes. I think everything will be fine. You just have to be patient.

All the best.

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
after dialing the cic call center no. press the 1-0-2-1-0 it will direct you to the agent.It will save you time...hope this will help u guy's.. :D

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi all!!

What a wonderful surprise logging in the forum OMG!! Can't believe it , will be march turn soon I hope :D,
I just checked my Ecas and even thou still the same:
Application received March 16th 2012
Started process July 16th 2012

Happy to see ppl from January are getting great news, let's keep it up everybody soon we all get news ,

Have a great Tuesday all of you

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
Congrats to all those getting thr AIPs.

I too got a mail today from CIC stating my sponsorship has been approved n that they hav started processing PR application.
Ecas shows the date of 20th sept for decision made.
are thr no benefits of getting AIP like open work permit or temporarily health coverage? n how long wud it further take?

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i.imran. To answer your questions:

Once you receive AIP letter from the mail, you are entitled to a one year health insurance (OHIP, if you live in ontario). You can bring the AIP letter to service ontario, together with these 2:
1. any proof of address (such as billing statement or driver's license) and
2. any proof of identity with signature (such as foreighn passport)

The OHIP that they will give you is a temporary one which expires in a year. Once you complete your landing and become a confirmed permanent resident (PR), you can go back to Service Ontario and they will change your temporary OHIP to a permanent OHIP without expiry date.

On your next question about getting work permit:
Well, unfortunately, the AIP letter is not acceptable in obtaining a social insurance number (SIN). If you go to service ontario website, it tells you that you need either a PR card or a Confirmation of PR formal paper in order to get a SIN.

But once you get AIP, you are eligible to apply for an open work permit without any job offer, LMO, etc.
Once you get a work permit, you are allowed to get a temporary SIN which is your key to getting a job. But once you complete your landing and be a PR, you can go back to Service Ontario and they will change your temporary SIN to a permanent SIN.

Actually once you complete your landing (meaning once you physically sign all pr paper works at landing office), you dont need work permit because you can work anywhere--because you are already a PR.

hope that helped.

johanna

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
RR said:
No u do not need a job offer in order to apply for OWP since its called an open work permit & u have applied under
spousal class immigration!!!
It all depends how long u would get ur open work permit, mostly as soon as ur Stage 1 is approved u get ur OWP

cheers
Ann