Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Crazzzycatlady

I didn't see you on the the spreadsheet.....

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Crazzzycatlady.......

Are you still waiting for the interview appointment ?

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 and 08-05-2014
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I said 2019 because that is when my youngest non-accompanying child turns 18, and if he follows suit with his older siblings, will refuse the 4th request I will get from CIC to have my children get a medical exam from a CIC-panel physician, and I will be sending in the 4th such Statutory Declaration. Of course that won't be the end of it because I am sure once they decide to accept the statutory declaration for him, I will need new medicals and background for myself.

I have not talked to the MP here yet, though I think he may be helpful. He is a Conservative, and I am a US citizen. Liberals are prioritizing certain immigrant groups ahead of everyone else instead of treating us all as first in, first out.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Bjohnson, disheartening to hear about your situation.

Do you at least have a OWP?

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I am nearing the end of my 2nd OWP. I entered Canada in April 2010 on a regular work permit and then got my first OWP in October 2012 when I passed phase 1. I thought things would move quickly when I got that. But I had to apply for a renewal in 2014 and got my 2nd OWP then. My current one expires in Sept 2016 so I will soon need to apply for a 3rd OWP.

I read how CIC is loathe to approve OWPs on a recurring basis except for when a permanent residence application is in progress. If they would just get 'er done I wouldn't NEED an OWP.

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Hello there! Have you tried speaking to your MP. I assume you had. However, since the government changed and, hence our MP changed, we actually got some action. Worth a try. Hang in there! You are not alone =))

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
You are not alone by Michael Jackson ? :p

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I called CIC today as it is about 1 year to the day since I was informed they started a new background check on me since it was so long since my initial background check, and other than on 17 Dec when I flew back from Philadelphia to Ottawa and the immigration officer there told me my background was done, I had been since informed by CIC call centre agents that it was still in process.

Well, today, the call centre agent told me the background check was complete and all was okay on my Vegreville-based application. However, they have a status as of the end of May that they were still waiting for the Los Angeles consulate to provide information on my non-accompanying dependents (no update since end of May). This makes no sense to me, as from this email from Los Angeles to me on 23 January 2015, they stated, "We completed our examination of your USA dependents (names removed) in February 2014. We sent an email advising that your USA dependents had met the requirements to the Vegreville office on February 6, 2014. They all passed their medical examinations, however, the results are expired but since they are non-accompanying this should not be an issue". I took my children to get their 2nd CIC-panel medical exams on 31 March 2015 and provided all they requested then, so I am not sure what is still outstanding if they were clear for everything else. They should have had everything as of some time in April 2015 and the matter of my dependents should have been resolved and closed.

All these delays are killing me. I am sure at some point they will send me for my 3rd medical as that has now been over 2 years ago that I was sent for my second one. And now my third child is over 18, so they might need "adult" requirements met for non-accompanying children for her, and possibly require new medicals for both since it's been over a year since they had theirs done.

My 2nd OWP expires the end of September, so I will soon need to apply for a third one of those as well.

Does the case agent in Vegreville not know what he has in my file there? I want to know if this is incompetence or is he willfully preventing my application from being completed?

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Hello there, I finally landed after 2 months short of 4 years. Waited for the landing interview for 2 months. The MP's office phoned Vagreville and they informed them that they forgot (holy sh*t, they actually said that exact word "forgot") to send the OK for the landing interview to Halifax. Landing went well, the officer there was shocked by Vagreville's incompetence.

I only have swear words to end this post.

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I contacted my MP a week ago and they called Vegreville and Los Angeles (the latter concerning my non-accompanying dependents).

Today I got this letter in the mail:

August 22, 2016

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Ottawa will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Officer CL/P Case Processing Centre Vegreville

YeeeeeHaaaawwww!!!

Sounds like I am 2 months behind you, CatLady. :)

Now, my OWP expires 30 Sept.... if it takes 2 months, it sounds like I still need to apply for an OWP renewal if I want to keep working in October (and have OHIP coverage). Even if the decision is made at the interview, I assume it still takes time to get the paperwork you need to make a U-turn at your nearest border crossing and get actual permanent status, yes?

Even still, I am very very very happy the cycle is broken and now it's a straight path to being a permanent resident.

And I am sure this would not be so if I didn't contact my MP and his staff didn't contact CIC. Seems multiple people have posted similar stories that things moved once they contacted their MPs.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bjohnson921 said:
I contacted my MP a week ago and they called Vegreville and Los Angeles (the latter concerning my non-accompanying dependents).

August 22, 2016

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Ottawa will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

YeeeeeHaaaawwww!!!

Now, my OWP expires 30 Sept.... if it takes 2 months, it sounds like I still need to apply for an OWP renewal if I want to keep working in October (and have OHIP coverage). Even if the decision is made at the interview, I assume it still takes time to get the paperwork you need to make a U-turn at your nearest border crossing and get actual permanent status, yes?

Even still, I am very very very happy the cycle is broken and now it's a straight path to being a permanent resident.

And I am sure this would not be so if I didn't contact my MP and his staff didn't contact CIC. Seems multiple people have posted similar stories that things moved once they contacted their MPs.
Congrats on finally getting DM on your application. Hope it won't be long to get landing appointment letter.

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I hope I have reached DM... the letter seems to say that but the cic.gc.ca site still gives an "In Progress" status for my application. The letter was sent yesterday, and the cic.gc.ca site says the status is updated daily. Forgive me if it seems harsh to have little faith but after CatLady's post on how Vegreville "forgot" to notify the Immigration Office to set up the appointment, any sign that anything is out of whack will be interpreted by me as "don't get your hopes up too much yet buster".

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bjohnson921 said:
I hope I have reached DM... the letter seems to say that but the cic.gc.ca site still gives an "In Progress" status for my application. The letter was sent yesterday, and the cic.gc.ca site says the status is updated daily. Forgive me if it seems harsh to have little faith but after CatLady's post on how Vegreville "forgot" to notify the Immigration Office to set up the appointment, any sign that anything is out of whack will be interpreted by me as "don't get your hopes up too much yet buster".
Considering what you went through, I certainly don't blame you for that.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
bjohnson921 said:

August 22, 2016

YeeeeeHaaaawwww!!!

Congrats Bjohnson! So happy for you. Thank goodness you had a good MP.

From what I read from other people on this forum even after DM it still shows "In process". :mad:

Apply for your OWP.